"Foreigners" who stole antiques from Hat Yai restaurant turn out to be Thais

webfact

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

If something really nasty happens, it must have been a farang

Of course. Happened this morning when the wife made her home made saussages on the bbq, when finished she offered me to taste them (she did mention something about 'khem') so I knew already what it was all about. She had used too much salt and wasn't happy bout the result, but somehow (again) she tried to make it as it was my fault.  :tongue:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Easy to be mistaken for foreigners as foreigners are all look the same right?...

Beer belly

Baseball caps
Shorts
Larger than normal biceps
Facial hair

Pixalated face

Absolutely -- A foreigner!!! 

3 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I've come close several times to accusing a Thai of something, only to realize later that I would have been in the wrong. I think everybody's falsely accused or thought about falsely accusing someone. The embarassment when you discover you were wrong is lasting. I'm sure this guy has learned his lesson. No need to pile on the guy. Forgive and forget.

But, do you as a reflex reaction look to blame a Thai for anything that goes wrong, or do you look to blame a part of the population who form just a tiny percentage of people and crime in the country? 

53 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The demonization of foreigners continues unabated. With the army being re-elected, expect more of this nonsense. It filters down from the top, with the nitwit, racist, hate mongers, in the army. It filters down to all levels of government, and even some foolish civilians are buying into it. I feel like one of Trump's hated "immigrants" here, sometimes. Fortunately, I think most of the Thai people are fine with us. But, the army? Five more years of these nonsensical, nationalistic, fake puritan diatribes? 

Got a Plan B yet folks.  You should.  
"Places in the world that are affordable and are nowhere as near as xenophobic as Thais" is one of my criteria for my Plan B, and Plan C for that matter. 
Thailand's dislike, distrust, and disgust of foreigners is really over the top as compared to other places that you can retire to, obtain a visa from, or simply visit.  
I reassess and reassess - but the anti-foreigner sentiment here is absurd as well as frightening.  

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Glad this story has a happy ending. LOL

Does show the intolerance so many Thais have towards foreigners though.

If something really nasty happens, it must have been a farang, cos Thai's wouldn't do that, right?

Yes kinda like what I see when someone from France or the UK gets nicked the first thing people here on the board look for is to see if the name is not foreign or the skin color not white so they can say they are not true English... French.. Dutch or whatever because a true (fill in nationality of choice) would never do anything bad.

Just shows that there are xenophobic Thais and around just like there are plenty of xenophobic Foreigners. 

19 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Of course. Happened this morning when the wife made her home made saussages on the bbq, when finished she offered me to taste them (she did mention something about 'khem') so I knew already what it was all about. She had used too much salt and wasn't happy bout the result, but somehow (again) she tried to make it as it was my fault.  :tongue:

Good point.  11 years married and everything is my fault.  I've been in worse relationships.  Plus she is post-menopausal and has a lot of pent up hate.  You would not know it if you met her though.  Her customer service skills are beyond anything I've seen in Thais, and for that matter a lot of Westerners.  
But living with her. A challenge.  Why do I stay married?  I've sunk roots here.  I've sunk assets here.  I have a step-kid I love and a granddaughter I adore.  So - family.  That's what keeps me here.  Plus I can shrug off almost anything.  Plus I have enough space on our land to not have to sit in the same room with a pissed out, angry, woman.  Me, the dogs, the cats - we have a great life.  Mutual compassion and affection.  
But - Vacuum, you are correct.  Lord, I get blamed for anything from the sun coming up, to how hot it is, to the sun going down.  So what.  In the US I had two really, really abusive wives.  This one is angry all the time, but doesn't come close to the abusiveness of those other two <laughs> farang women! Lol

Xenphobia is an anxiety disorder

Those suffering from it should go to see a psychiatric medical professional as soon as possible ecpecally  those in a position of authority and persons dealing with members of the public

FILTHY, LIGHT FINGERED, FILCHING FALANG !

This is THAINESS at its Best/Worst, sounds like he was not at all upset over his loss, as it gave him a chance to vent his pent-up rage and jealousy.

Very simple response from the “Filthy Falang” is to BOYCOTT his Restaurant. Let him survive on the patronage of fellow Thais, some of whom are apparently quite happy to “Rob him Blind.”

Always look closer to home first.

What would foreigners do with a buffalo head?

The Thais probably ground the horns up to make an aphrodisiac. 

Following on from the government medical information about thai men can't get it up.

And have small Willie's.

(Demonstration of small brains here, I think, too).

But blaming the foreigners is really good for tourism. (Not!!)

I hope another "foreigner" will never step foot in Lookmee's dump ever again.

I'm in Pattaya right now, and I have noticed an increase in the rudeness from the Thai's.  That's just since last August.  Going back to Jan 2014 my first time here until today, and the rudeness has wildly increased...  Amazing.....Thailand!

Foreigners are blames often and easy but Thais are the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But well it seems that Thailand and thai people love to blame others instead of looking to their own people. A rotten society!

Archived