Domestic Travel IDs

AAArdvark

For the Thai, passport or Thai ID

For the non-Thai:-

Passport, pink ID card.

In the past I've used Thai driving licence, UK driving licence, BTS staff ID, even my Bangalore Metro staff ID (I was experimenting, passport in my bag just in case). 

Pretty much any official looking ID with your photo certainly used to work.

But not your police mugshot?

22 hours ago, Crossy said:

Passport, pink ID card.

In the past I've used Thai driving licence, UK driving licence, BTS staff ID, even my Bangalore Metro staff ID (I was experimenting, passport in my bag just in case). 

For a foreigner, it would be foolish to embark on a trip far away from home without taking their passport. If you are ever challenged to show it, you'd better be able to comply in a timely manner.

It is for that reason that I wouldn't use anything other than my passport for ID when flying domestically. Unless my passport had been stolen and I needed to fly back to Bangkok to apply for a new one.

On 6/10/2019 at 6:17 PM, Crossy said:

Passport, pink ID card.

Thank you for the only comment that was actually an answer!

8 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

Thank you for the only comment that was actually an answer!

I have travelled countless times domestically in recent years and always used Pink ID Card.....but last time no problem at check in, whereas at security the young lady did not accept it. I could have asked to speak to her superior and/or shown my PR Book as well as saying I have been through the same security many times showing Pink ID Card. I always carry my passport when flying domestically, so it was easier and quicker to show that, apart from no loss of face to the young lady. 

What I was really interested in was the Thai person's ID.  I can always carry my passport to be sure.  My Thai friend has never flown and probably doesn't have a passport so she has no idea what is needed.

20 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

What I was really interested in was the Thai person's ID.  I can always carry my passport to be sure.  My Thai friend has never flown and probably doesn't have a passport so she has no idea what is needed.

Thai Airways

Only your ticket and I.D. card (Identification card) or passport (for foreigner) are required. In case of child with no I.D. card, please provide student I.D. card or house registration or birth certification.

Bangkok Airways

https://www.bangkokair.com/travel-document

Travel Document Requirement for Domestic Flight

Each passenger traveling with Bangkok Airways domestic flight is solely responsible for preparing a travel document that valid on the date of travel.

Passport Thai National ID Thai Birth Certificate
Thai Passenger Adult
(15 years old and above)
YES YES NO
Infants and children
(7 days to 7 years old)
YES - YES
Children
(above 7 years old but not more than 15 years old)
YES YES YES
Note:
• The COPY of travel documents is NOT accepted.
• For Thai passenger, other related documents issued by the Thai government with the photo such as Government Official Identity Card or Driving License may be accepted upon check-in.
Foreigners Passport
Residents or Aliens Passport or identification document for aliens or residents issued by the Thai government such as a Non-Thai Identification Card (Alien Card), or Work Permit.

Note: The COPY of travel documents is NOT accepted.
Reference: The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand

5 hours ago, rimmae2 said:

Thanks for giving me suuch useful information that I could have found in 30 secs on the internet or in a minute or so calling the airline. Sorry for being such a p.....r.

It is obvious that you don't know the purpose of a blog or the definition of troll.

Likewise you don't know the purpose of airlines or seemingly have the ability to search their websites. Next time take your BLR Metro staff ID or equivalent and see if it is accepted.........or were you just wasting everyone's time?

Archived