Former singer dies in apparent suicide following exposure of phone theft

snoop1130

Former singer dies in apparent suicide following exposure of phone theft

By The Nation

sdgr.JPG

A former singer, popular among Facebook users because of her stunning looks, was found dead in her car alongside a burning charcoal stove on Monday morning in what is believed to be a suicide.

Police said Anyanee Thainawa, 32, died inside her car in the garage of her house in Lamphun’s Mueang district on the day that she had been scheduled to appear in court.

She had been accused of stealing an iPhone from a shopping mall outlet in the northern province in March.

Anyanee used to be a singer and, because of her beauty, she had many fans on Facebook, who idolised her.

However, two months ago, the owner of a phone shop at the Lampang mall posted a video clip on Facebook, purportedly showing her stealing an iPhone on March 4.

Her family came out to admit that the person in the clip was indeed Anyanee, but they explained that she suffered from depression and that this is what had apparently driven her to steal, albeit “just for excitement”.

Police said the former singer’s body was found on the back seat of her car at 6.30am. 

When police arrived at the scene, charcoals in the stove were still burning.

The body was sent to the provincial hospital for autopsy, they added.

Her uncle, Alongkorn Thainawa, said Anyanee had been suffering from depression for a few years. 

She had first received treatment at Ramathibodi Hospital in Bangkok, before transferring her case to Suan Proong Hospital in Chiang Mai, he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30370822

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-06-10

RIP

I wonder how many of Thai celebrities make lots of money and are happy with their life.

And how long does it last?

It must be very difficult to act like the successful celebrity when maybe they are not so successful anymore.

And who likes to admit: "I am not successful anymore and have not so much money anymore"?

1 hour ago, chrisinth said:

Not so much of the theft itself but the consequences of getting caught caught for the action and the thought of the typical loss of face which would follow.

Most people who get caught, will offer a wai and some money.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

RIP

I wonder how many of Thai celebrities make lots of money and are happy with their life.

And how long does it last?

It must be very difficult to act like the successful celebrity when maybe they are not so successful anymore.

And who likes to admit: "I am not successful anymore and have not so much money anymore"?

It is not so unusual  for many "celebs" to  suffer an assortment of problems at any point of their careers and

the  "Fading Stars" are a sad percentage.

Saddest of all is that they are only remembered in events such as this.

So yes.

RIP

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Come on guys...this is not about a phone theft....

about depression that hospital psych services were unable to effectively treat....

Absolutely correct!  People have no idea how mentally crippling depression can be during different stages.  My second degree is in Clinical Psychology.  I never really understood how depression can alter your normal ethics, morals and thinking, until I had to live with it.  I won't go into what started the spiral, but I can assure you that you find yourself thinking in ways you have never imagined at times.  It just boils down to you act on the thoughts, or not.  Very sad, there is much more to this than a stolen iphone.   I pray the young lady will now have peace...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Killing yourself over nicking a phone.

Nicking the phone was a way of crying out for help, asking to be found and treated.

It was not the reason for killing herself, those issues had been mounting for a very longtime.

Many so called celebs are left alone after the spotlight has gone out, the friends, the relatives, the hangers-on all disappear to follow the next starlet & a free party!

Sorry she didn't have the full support of the management when she was at the top along with all the critical advice of how to invest and protect yourself when the rides over!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Nicking the phone was a way of crying out for help, asking to be found and treated.

It was not the reason for killing herself, those issues had been mounting for a very longtime.

Many so called celebs are left alone after the spotlight has gone out, the friends, the relatives, the hangers-on all disappear to follow the next starlet & a free party!

Sorry she didn't have the full support of the management when she was at the top along with all the critical advice of how to invest and protect yourself when the rides over!

Nah,

In the west,  i would agree with you, but TIT.

Case of extreme broken face syndrome, i think. :jap:

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:34 AM, stanleycoin said:

Killing yourself over nicking a phone.

This face thing is truly stupid, Thailand needs to grow up.

There is a big world out side.

Sad end.

R.I.P lady

Obviously, and i am very happy for that, i guess you never have been in a deep depression.

The most silly things for you (bad hairday, ice cream falls on the floor, their cat ingnoring them or what ever) can be the trigger of somebody like that to kill him/herself.

Depressed peoples living on an edge every day and that makes it so tricky to try to help them.

6 hours ago, Foexie said:

Obviously, and i am very happy for that, i guess you never have been in a deep depression.

The most silly things for you (bad hairday, ice cream falls on the floor, their cat ingnoring them or what ever) can be the trigger of somebody like that to kill him/herself.

Depressed peoples living on an edge every day and that makes it so tricky to try to help them.

You know nothing about me. or what has happened in my life.

Sorry i didn't fall on my sword for the part time psychotherapists of Thai visa

to make comments based on what ??????????????????????????.

Right i'm off out to nick a car, because i'm depressed,  that my income stream,  from the uk has gone and i can't support my greedy extend family and more. i bet they won't come to help me, when the cops catch me,  with the stolen car,  as it,  was only a cry for help from me.

Good day.

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Like 1