Video: Farang thief at the checkout got 2,000 baht, Thai shopper tells Thaivisa

webfact

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Could easily have been 2x crisp 1000 baht notes folded.... Fresh from the machine the notes sometimes stick together.

The publicity for him is going to be a shocker - everyone has seen him now (well, many have)

I'm assuming he'll charged with theft. 

The publicity for her is good and her attitude towards the whole situation is to be commended. 

Having just watched the video again the only saving grace is that he might not have seen her actually drop it but his actions thereafter remain inexcusable.

1 minute ago, BigC said:

7asshole yes theif no.

She dropped it..up to him  if he wants hand it  to her but he didn't  steal it

Surely you are joking posting that, if you believe what you posted, then you are as bad as him.

10 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

It’s an opinion. If I’m wrong I’m wrong.

You know that you are wrong since I sent you the information showing that she does work in an estate agency. That fact that you choose to leave your disgusting allegation up, tells me all that I need to know about you.

12 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Whichever way you look at it this was a despicable act which reflects badly on all of us westerners. Hope they get him and that he gets jail time.o

That 97 seconds of video is going to be life changing, starting to feel sorry for the guy when the BIB catch up with him...

7 minutes ago, BigC said:

He should  have been honest but is it fully his fault that the lady didn't  look after  her belongings.

Accidents happen. She had one. He took advantage of her "accident". He furtively covered the note (whatever the denomination) so that she wouldn't see it when she realized something was amiss and looked down (see video at point 54 to about 70 seconds).

Pure and simple, he is a thief !

Furthermore, the big blob moved in on her checkout-line territory hastening her exit. Prick.

1 minute ago, BigC said:

7asshole yes theif no.

What? He did steal the money from her because he saw that the bill(s) fell and didn't tell her of her misfortune.

That makes it to theft. It's not "up to him", we all should be fair to others, and I'd also appreciate it when somebody would let me know when I lost money or anything else.

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Surely you are joking posting that, if you believe what you posted, then you are as bad as him.

She dropped  it. He didn't  lift it out kf her bag or steal  off rhe counter 

If that was my money  i wouldn't  be pissed but i wouldn't  be labelling  the man a thief. As <deleted> yes but i take responsibility  for my own stuff.

If someone  is kind  enought to hand jt back i would  give  then half because  i believe  theh could  have taken  the lot.

In fact in some cases i have given all the content  of my wallet casg so i didnt have tk cancel my cards

Cards license  are harder to replace  than money 

She said she doesn't  trust anyone  so why trust a stranger shall be kind and hand her money back.

If she put her money  on the counter  and he nicked it i would consider that  stealing  but dropping it on the floor. 

I find borderline

If he didnt put his foot on it then defiantly  not stealing but putting his foot on it probably does count as stealing and also disrespecting  the money also

6 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Having just watched the video again the only saving grace is that he might not have seen her actually drop it but his actions thereafter remain inexcusable.

He saw her drop it. He was looking at the cashier until the moment she dropped it. Then watch his head move and follow the note to the floor.

16 minutes ago, BigC said:

Theif he is not

Yes, he is a thief. He took something that did not belong to him. 

The lady did not forfeit her right to her money by losing it. Legally she is still the owner.

And the fat one is the thief.

17 minutes ago, BigC said:

Technically  it wasn't  in her procession when he picked  it up.

He didn't  lift it from  her pockets or bag

He should  have been honest but is it fully his fault that the lady didn't  look after  her belongings. She said she only  trusts herself if that's  the case then maybe she should  have trusted  herself to look afget her own belongings rather than assuming everyone is kind and shall be honest 

I personally would have handed  the money  back  but if it was my money  that i dropped  i personally  wouldn't  call it stealing. I would be pissed  off but at the same  time i am the one responsible for my own stuff

I don't  trust anyone which is even more reason  to take care of my belongings 

I would rather lose 2000 baht than my bank cards driver licence extra 

I have had incidents  where people have handed me my wallet

I split half of the money  with the  finder

Sometimes  all of it as happy  to  not have to cancel  cards and stuff

Sorry but irresponsible for the forang yes 

Theif he is not 

Nether heard of "Stealing by Finding"

please stop making excuses for the guy, he's an AH...

1 minute ago, JamJar said:

He saw her drop it. He was looking at the cashier until the moment she dropped it. Then watch his head move and follow the note to the floor.

You are nonetheless entitled to my opinion...

Just now, BigC said:

She dropped  it. He didn't  lift it out kf her bag or steal  off rhe counter 

If that was my money  i wouldn't  be pissed but i wouldn't  be labelling  the man a thief. As <deleted> yes but i take responsibility  for my own stuff.

If someone  is kind  enought to hand jt back i would  give  then half because  i believe  theh could  have taken  the lot.

In fact in some cases i have given all the content  of my wallet casg so i didnt have tk cancel my cards

Cards license  are harder to replace  than money 

She said she doesn't  trust anyone  so why trust a stranger shall be kind and hand her money back.

If she put her money  on the counter  and he nicked it i would consider that  stealing  but dropping it on the floor. 

I find borderline

If he didnt put his foot on it then defiantly  not stealing but putting his foot on it probably does count as stealing and also disrespecting  the money also

So the counter is different from a floor?

So if I put my bag down on the floor and turn around for a second and you take it, it isn't stealing?

What about if I drop my bag on the floor, but I don't pick it up for a few seconds and you take it? Is that legitimate?

Or is it different because you threw a cloth over my bag to throw me off the scent?

Come on, Big C, you are letting yourself down with this nonsense.

3 minutes ago, JamJar said:

So the counter is different from a floor?

So if I put my bag down on the floor and turn around for a second and you take it, it isn't stealing?

What about if I drop my bag on the floor, but I don't pick it up for a few seconds and you take it? Is that legitimate?

Or is it different because you threw a cloth over my bag to throw me off the scent?

Come on, Big C, you are letting yourself down with this nonsense.

Has Big C got a vested interest in this? Did it occur in said same name store?

22 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I totally agree. People with such a mindset must be thieves themselves to come up with such an explanation. 

2000 Bt now....<deleted>. So she's thinking she can double her money on this.

Still the farang is a prick. There's a big difference between finding a bank note on the ground, in a street or in a public building, and actually seeing somebody drop it.

21 minutes ago, BigC said:

7asshole yes theif no.

I am no expert on Thai law but if you are saying she had no legal right to it because she dropped it then he stole it from the Supermarket...

Anyway, she looks a very nice chick and that guy in the photo with her is a very lucky guy...

There is a big difference between finding money on the street and seeing someone drop their money in front of you the fella should have had the decency to say to the lady you dropped your money rather than doing what he chose to do.

Archived