Visa Applications Online Start Saturday June 15th At Thai Embassy London. Passport Sent By Post Allowed

4 minutes ago, Denim said:

Well, that's a relief if you can still apply by post.

You do not actually do the application by post. You do it online and then send your passport and the documents mentioned in the info about it.

• Thanks 1

I can't see the exact requirements/documents necessary for a 12 month Non O based on being over 65 and with a state pension. I was led to believe that all you needed was the UK pension statement, Passport and application form, and fee of course!! This would give you a 12 month stay, 90 day border run accepted and if you go back to the UK every year you can just get another year with a fresh application....is this still available?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pappap said:

I can't see the exact requirements/documents necessary for a 12 month Non O based on being over 65 and with a state pension. I was led to believe that all you needed was the UK pension statement, Passport and application form, and fee of course!! This would give you a 12 month stay, 90 day border run accepted and if you go back to the UK every year you can just get another year with a fresh application....is this still available?

That was my immediate question. I guess we must wait until someone submits the documents necessary in the past to apply for the multiple Non O state pension, and see if the application is accepted.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pappap said:

• Visa application form completely filled out
  • Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months and at least 2 blank pages, as well as the photocopy of passport. The actual passport must be submitted with visa application form.
  • Two (2) recent photos (taken within the past 6 months)
  • Supporting documents for the purpose of visit to Thailand. (Please see details for each type.)
  • For pensioner (aged 50 or over) : A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000 

From here.

Plus fee of course.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You do not actually do the application by post. You do it online and then send your passport and the documents mentioned in the info about it.

Yes....I see that bit now. A lot like applying for a UK visa from Trendy.

Required Documents (after 15 June 2019):

Passport/Travel Document which must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of  application for single entry, or at least 1 year for multiple entry, and has at least 2 blank pages.

- Printout of visa application form submitted online, with barcode

- Original supporting documents

- Fee for return post of £10 

Edited by Denim

44 minutes ago, jacko45k said:
  • Visa application form completely filled out
  • Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months and at least 2 blank pages, as well as the photocopy of passport. The actual passport must be submitted with visa application form.
  • Two (2) recent photos (taken within the past 6 months)
  • Supporting documents for the purpose of visit to Thailand. (Please see details for each type.)
  • For pensioner (aged 50 or over) : A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000 

From here.

Plus fee of course.

Hi, yep saw that thanks, but it doesn't clarify if its for 12 months, usually for over 50's it's only for 3 months and has to be extended by immigration inside Thailand, UK's always had a 12 month for over 65's which I believe other countries don't have.

• Like 1

, and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,500.) I wonder if they enforce that now (still in brackets) , and in case could it be on a joint account?

Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000 

Would that be the last 3 statements, 1 from each month, each showing £10,000?

Or 1 statement showing the balance in each of the last 3 months?

1 hour ago, Pappap said:

Hi, yep saw that thanks, but it doesn't clarify if its for 12 months, usually for over 50's it's only for 3 months and has to be extended by immigration inside Thailand, UK's always had a 12 month for over 65's which I believe other countries don't have.

A multiple entry would be 12 months validity, each entry being 90 days. Giving a total stay of 18 months. To get a 12 month entry/ permission, you would need to look at the Non-Imm OA. Potentially 2 years stay. 

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

Would that be the last 3 statements, 1 from each month, each showing £10,000?

Or 1 statement showing the balance in each of the last 3 months?

I guess either, just showing 10,000 maintained over 3 months. 

• Like 1

Sounds great EXCEPT when the postal service loses your passport!! Happened to me in Australia, they delivered to the wrong address and the passport was never seen again. $450 to replace (no compensation from Australia Post). Never again, I'd rather deliver and collect on my own thanks! Saves A LOT of hassle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pappap said:

No; i used to get a one year Non O when i was in my 50's, as i had taken an early pension from one of my providers and could provide pension statements. Those were the good old days when every year you went in to the Embassy and they recognised you, brought you a Cuppa and did the job in 15 minutes.  The other option has always been a Tourist Visa valid for two months with a one month extension available for 1,900 Baht.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

A multiple entry would be 12 months validity, each entry being 90 days. Giving a total stay of 18 months. To get a 12 month entry/ permission, you would need to look at the Non-Imm OA. Potentially 2 years stay. 

Accepted but that's not the issue, it doesn't state if the Non O for over 65's and a UK pension is as easy as it was, and for 12 months, (as you say re entry every 90 days) and also the OA has far more requirements including the new Insurance required. Each year on a return to the UK, over 65, with a UK pension would give you another 12 months, easy...

More good news

Please note that the Royal Thai Consulates in Cardiff, Gibraltar, Glasgow, Hull, and Liverpool in the UK, and in Dublin, Ireland, will continue to receive and process visa applications in the same way. Those who wish to apply for visa at the Royal Thai Consulates can continue to do so as usual.

It was not clear until the most recent updates that you could ignore the online system if applying for visas at the honorary consulates. In fact, it was not at all certain that they would be allowed to deal with visas at all.

8 hours ago, Pappap said:

Accepted but that's not the issue, it doesn't state if the Non O for over 65's and a UK pension is as easy as it was, and for 12 months, (as you say re entry every 90 days) and also the OA has far more requirements including the new Insurance required. Each year on a return to the UK, over 65, with a UK pension would give you another 12 months, easy...

There are no extra requirements listed there for a Multiple Non Imm O above the Single that I can see. I only have an idea in the back of my head that they might more readily issue you a Single instead.  It is what I used a few times many years ago (O-M), at 100 quid from Hull, but not based on a State Pension! 

Edited by jacko45k

9 hours ago, BritTim said:

More good news

It was not clear until the most recent updates that you could ignore the online system if applying for visas at the honorary consulates. In fact, it was not at all certain that they would be allowed to deal with visas at all.

Just looked and they have done several changes the website since yester morning.

I hope nobody has sent an a application by post that will arrive after tomorrow.

"14 June 2019 will be the last day the Embassy will process visa application by post, submitted with the old visa application forms. Any old visa applications received after 14 June 2019 will be returned to the applicants."

• Like 1

Isn't this only for Tourist visas? How about being able to apply for a marriage visa on-line. You know, make it easy for folks such as I who has been married to a Thai for nearly 30 years. Instead of rocking up to a window after queuing for 2-3 hours to produce the same documents I gave them last year and the year before and the year before and the year before, just send it all online and then they have a digital copy to look up in an instant the next time. Then give a time to come and have the visa affixed and collected. If Lao border people (at Savannekhet) can issue and affix a visa in minutes, why can't Thailand if they have all the information necessary in advance?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Isn't this only for Tourist visas?

No

It is for all visas other than a few special ones. A non-o visa would be applied for online.

I suggest you go on the appointment site and read the info there.

I have not replied to the remainder of your post since it is off topic.

It's a start I suppose but frankly about 10 years behind the times. Why not an eVisa the same as Cambodia or even, soon, Laos? Western countries only need a visit to VfS to submit biometric data (not required for a Thai visa), there is no paper visa at all

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

No

It is for all visas other than a few special ones. A non-o visa would be applied for online.

I suggest you go on the appointment site and read the info there.

I have not replied to the remainder of your post since it is off topic.

Thanks. I see that financial proof is required, unlike at a number of other places to apply. It is interesting to me that if I didn't have the income that they dictate I need, which is actually considerably more than what I actually need to live in some comfort here, I would not be allowed to live with my wife.

But then the same applies in my native UK, where my income doesn't meet the government's requirement to bring my Thai wife to live there, effectively blocking me from living in my own country. Of course, my income level would need to be higher there than in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Thanks. I see that financial proof is required, unlike at a number of other places to apply.

But it does not state how much since the requirement are for all location participating in the online application system.

London will still be doing the approvals so it would likely not be required since they have a history of not asking for it to get a non-o based upon marriage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThaiBunny said:

It's a start I suppose but frankly about 10 years behind the times. Why not an eVisa the same as Cambodia or even, soon, Laos? Western countries only need a visit to VfS to submit biometric data (not required for a Thai visa), there is no paper visa at all

Thailand already has completely visa free entry for many “western countries”!

3 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

The discussion is about visas, not visa-free entry

You compared Cambodia e-visa on arrival that only allows a 30 day stay  to Thailand's online visa application that can be for a tourist visa that allows a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days.

Would you want to pay for a 30 day visa on arrival that you can get for free if you qualify for a 30 day visa exempt entry.

His reply was relevant to what you posted.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You compared Cambodia e-visa on arrival that only allows a 30 day stay  to Thailand's online visa application that can be for a tourist visa that allows a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days.

Would you want to pay for a 30 day visa on arrival that you can get for free if you qualify for a 30 day visa exempt entry.

His reply was relevant to what you posted.

I'm not discussing equivalence of entry, I'm pointing to a way out of date process

17 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

I'm not discussing equivalence of entry, I'm pointing to a way out of date process

You wrote this. It certainly appears to a comparison to me.

Not many countries offer online visa issuance for longer stays. Can you find one that does?

Many allow online applications but you have to present your passport to get the a visa sticker or stamp.

22 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

Why not an eVisa the same as Cambodia or even, soon, Laos? Western countries only need a visit to VfS to submit biometric data (not required for a Thai visa), there is no paper visa at all

• Haha 1