Visa Applications Online Start Saturday June 15th At Thai Embassy London. Passport Sent By Post Allowed

Like the poster above, the site wouldn't let me register my date of birth before 1969. Not helpful as I was born in 1939. A glitch I assume. 

Also, the page listing downloads is just a series of images of Thailand. You have to guess which image hides which download. 

2 hours ago, chash said:

Also, the page listing downloads is just a series of images of Thailand. You have to guess which image hides which download. 

Just hover the mouse over the images for the various Visa types.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 1:05 PM, ubonjoe said:

Not many countries offer online visa issuance for longer stays. Can you find one that does?

You should get out more often. Turkey offers a 90-day multiple-entry tourist visa and the only way you can get it is online. There is no passport sticker. It should be the model for all online visa processes.  AFAIK it's identical to the Cambodian process

https://www.turkishimmigration.org/check-requirements/australia

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

You should get out more often.

I have no need to know what the visa requirements for all other countries are. Those are handled on another forum.

I asked you to show something which you did but that is for those from one country due to them not getting a visa exempt entry.

The e visa applications being discussed also allows for non immigrant visas to be issued that can allow one year stays in the country and some that are valid for 5 years. Not exactly the same as your example or the ones for Cambodia.

I just logged into the system a few mins ago - it seems to show all the options you have as a filter to work out your different visa options, don't t get stuck if you enter into an option for the first time it gets stored as the thing you want to do - delete this first if you want to investigate other different options.

Edited by spambot

I've spotted something that will cause me a problem:

Under Tourist Visa (link) for the SETV it says:

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (Embassy/Consulate reserves the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary) 
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
- Photograph of the applicant, taken within the past six months
- Evidence of travel from Thailand (air ticket paid in full)
- Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family) 

The last 2, Evidence of Travel (air ticket paid in full) and Evidence of adequate finance were NOT required by London Embassy for SETV up until now.

I normally get my visa a couple of months before I travel, (it's good for 3 months) then buy my ticket when my dates are finalised. That way, if for any reason I get refused a visa, I haven't wasted the ticket money. (Never happened yet, but in these days of changes, who knows?)

Also, do we know WHAT they'll want as "Evidence of adequate finance"?  Never had to do that to get the visa, although I've always got sufficient cash in Baht and/or UKP when I arrive in Thailand. (Again, never been asked to show it but......)

To be fair, I haven't yet gone through the "create an account" process, so my questions might be answered in there.

Edited by VBF

I'm surprised not to many people have pointed out it appears this is the end of the multiple entry o visa based on married to a Thai. 

If London will no longer issue a multiple entry, it looks like in time no embassy will issue one.

I guess there must be many thousands of people who work 6 months abroad  then spend 6 months with there Thai family in Thailand. It will now be more difficult to spend more than 3 months in Thailand, without jumping through hoops at immigration.

I know people can apply for a extention once in Thailand, but what happens if they are needed back at work before its granted. 

Working people don't have any problems with the money requirements but may need to be in and out of the country regularly. It may be difficult to comply with immigration. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

A bank statement with a balance of at least the equivalent of 20K baht.

Thanks - makes sense, but where does it say that? I ask because as we know, "making sense" isn't always a strong point with things concerning visas/immigration.

1 hour ago, mick220675 said:

I'm surprised not to many people have pointed out it appears this is the end of the multiple entry o visa based on married to a Thai. 

If London will no longer issue a multiple entry, it looks like in time no embassy will issue one.

I guess there must be many thousands of people who work 6 months abroad  then spend 6 months with there Thai family in Thailand. It will now be more difficult to spend more than 3 months in Thailand, without jumping through hoops at immigration.

I know people can apply for a extention once in Thailand, but what happens if they are needed back at work before its granted. 

Working people don't have any problems with the money requirements but may need to be in and out of the country regularly. It may be difficult to comply with immigration. 

Exactly correct (and a pain), i work month on month off, was using the non-o since 2003. I'm just looking at the 30-day visa exemption criteria, it states "foreigners may enter Thailand for 30 days at one time with a maximum of 3 times in a 6 month period by flight and 2 times a year for overland crossing" this would suit me as i would only be in country for 28 days. Just wondering if its possible to go this route for the whole year ?? i.e. 3 times in a 6 month period x 2??

46 minutes ago, marc11 said:

I'm just looking at the 30-day visa exemption criteria, it states "foreigners may enter Thailand for 30 days at one time with a maximum of 3 times in a 6 month period by flight and 2 times a year for overland crossing" this would suit me as i would only be in country for 28 days.

That info is out of date for over 10 years. The 90 days in 6 months rule was rescinded in 2008. At land border crossings the limited to 2 per calendar year.

46 minutes ago, marc11 said:

Just wondering if its possible to go this route for the whole year ?? i.e. 3 times in a 6 month period x 2??

You could probably do it without of a problem. But you can still get a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet, Laos or at the consulate in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam without financial proof. Or in Penang with 400k baht in a bank or proof of income.

I think the London embassy changed their requirements to match what is shown on the online visa application website. The site was set up based upon the Beijing embassy requirements since it was the first one adopt it and they could not get them changed.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

That info is out of date for over 10 years. The 90 days in 6 months rule was rescinded in 2008. At land border crossings the limited to 2 per calendar year.

You could probably do it without of a problem. But you can still get a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet, Laos or at the consulate in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam without financial proof. Or in Penang with 400k baht in a bank or proof of income.

I think the London embassy changed their requirements to match what is shown on the online visa application website. The site was set up based upon the Beijing embassy requirements since it was the first one adopt it and they could not get them changed.

Accepted that land border crossings are 2 a year limit but I thought they were more flexible on flights.

15 minutes ago, Pappap said:

Accepted that land border crossings are 2 a year limit but I thought they were more flexible on flights.

By air there is normally not a problem unless you have a long history of them that appear to indicate your are trying to live here on them.

Leaving and then re-entering to get a new 30 day entry on the same day will cause problems.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Thanks Joe, i was also looking at Singapore who also state for the non-o they require "400k baht in the bank proof"

I'm thinking next time i land in Thai, come in on the 30-day visa exemption, and arrange for the visa in Singapore..

6 hours ago, VBF said:

Thanks - makes sense, but where does it say that? I ask because as we know, "making sense" isn't always a strong point with things concerning visas/immigration.

Required Documents (from 15 June 2019)

For Single Entry (stay up to 60 days)

• A current passport with validity not less than 6 months and at least 2 blank pages
  • Printout of visa application form submitted online, with bar code
  • Confirmed air ticket to Thailand
  • Proof of accommodation in Thailand e.g. hotel booking, invitation letter from family or friend in Thailand
  • Proof of financial support e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, sponsorship letter
  • Proof of residence in the UK or Ireland (if applicants are not nationals of these countries) e.g. long stay visa, residence permit, BRP card

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84451-Tourist-Visa.html

• Like 1

5 hours ago, marc11 said:

Exactly correct (and a pain), i work month on month off, was using the non-o since 2003. I'm just looking at the 30-day visa exemption criteria, it states "foreigners may enter Thailand for 30 days at one time with a maximum of 3 times in a 6 month period by flight and 2 times a year for overland crossing" this would suit me as i would only be in country for 28 days. Just wondering if its possible to go this route for the whole year ?? i.e. 3 times in a 6 month period x 2??

Although that regulation has been replaced the IO’s are clearly under orders to look out for people living/working in the country, and six months is the unofficial line.

These days the system flags anyone that enters more than 6 times using VE (6x30 = 180 days). The IO then decides whether or not to scrutinise your history/reason for visiting so often.

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

Required Documents (from 15 June 2019)

For Single Entry (stay up to 60 days)

• A current passport with validity not less than 6 months and at least 2 blank pages
  • Printout of visa application form submitted online, with bar code
  • Confirmed air ticket to Thailand
  • Proof of accommodation in Thailand e.g. hotel booking, invitation letter from family or friend in Thailand
  • Proof of financial support e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, sponsorship letter
  • Proof of residence in the UK or Ireland (if applicants are not nationals of these countries) e.g. long stay visa, residence permit, BRP card

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84451-Tourist-Visa.html

So now, they want one to not only get an air ticket before applying for a visa, but book accommodation as well?

So the days of getting a visa FIRST and THEN booking flights and accommodation are gone??

This is getting ridiculous!   I'm beginning to understand how the people doing extensions feel with their pointless requirements.:angry:

Also, I have, in the past, usually obtained my visa then booked my accommodation for between 80 to 90 days, knowing that I'm going to go to Jomtien for an extension after 60 days, then finally confirmed and paid for my flights. (As the place I stay is very easy-going, i can adjust my accommodation dates on arrival if necessary.)

Edited by VBF

Following many attempts to register on the new visa application site, with the site endlessly crashing I have managed to register. 

Once registered the site takes you through the application process. I can confirm it is no longer possible to obtain a multiple entry o-visa based on married to a Thai. 

The site gives you the option of where you apply  (China/UK/France), so it looks like it is the same for all using the e-visa system. 

• Like 1

Well i was going to apply for my next SETV through the online system and organise an expensive inconvenient stay in london, usually just done it by post to london, My plan for my next visit had been a flight from london to vientiane and an over land entry to Nong Khai.

But now seeing you need actual booked flight tickets into Thailand to apply, so that means the only way to enter now is through an airport?

4 hours ago, TroyC said:

Well i was going to apply for my next SETV through the online system and organise an expensive inconvenient stay in london, usually just done it by post to london, My plan for my next visit had been a flight from london to vientiane and an over land entry to Nong Khai.

But now seeing you need actual booked flight tickets into Thailand to apply, so that means the only way to enter now is through an airport?

Get an SETV through one of the consulates, and stay away from that online system As far as we know, there is no change to the applications at the consulates (visa while you wait, sometimes needing an appointment arranged by phone or email)..

• Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 3:38 PM, ubonjoe said:

You do not actually do the application by post. You do it online and then send your passport and the documents mentioned in the info about it.

So this online application has gone live now then?

18 minutes ago, ExpatNP said:

Postal applications will be rejected I suppose?

The application has to done online. After the application is done you can send your passport and supporting documents by post to the embassy. See the OP for the instructions posted on the embassy website.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The application has to done online. After the application is done you can send your passport and supporting documents by post to the embassy. See the OP for the instructions posted on the embassy website.

Thanks Joe,

how far ahead for document submission can on can we set up the online application?

financials required. Yet.

thanks,

ExpatNP

16 minutes ago, ExpatNP said:

how far ahead for document submission can on can we set up the online application?

You have submit scans of the document when you do the online application. 

After have completed the on the online application you print out the application that has a barcode on it. You then send it, your passport and the original supporting to documents to the embassy by post.

16 minutes ago, ExpatNP said:

financials required. Yet.

Which visa?

Have I got this right? That you still need to do two visits if you don't want to have your passport in the postal system?

They write about making an appointment to apply and then later to pick up the visa. So what is the point of all this?? I thought it was supposed to streamline the process?

Clearly better for one to avoid such nonsense and to apply for a visa when on holiday elsewhere. Ridiculous.

2 hours ago, JamJar said:

Have I got this right? That you still need to do two visits if you don't want to have your passport in the postal system?

They write about making an appointment to apply and then later to pick up the visa. So what is the point of all this?? I thought it was supposed to streamline the process?

Clearly better for one to avoid such nonsense and to apply for a visa when on holiday elsewhere. Ridiculous.

You don’t need a visa to holiday in Thailand. Just use visa exemption.

6 minutes ago, elviajero said:

You don’t need a visa to holiday in Thailand. Just use visa exemption.

You do if you want to stay in Thailand for more than 60 days - typically I stay about 80 to 90 days. SETV covers the first 60, then an extension for the remainder - that's my annual holiday to Thailand. I realise i could do VE + extension + border hop but I think the SETV is designed for people in my position.

Edited by VBF