Visa Applications Online Start Saturday June 15th At Thai Embassy London. Passport Sent By Post Allowed

Seems that's the end of the 12 month ME with a UK pension, just had this back from the Thai Embassy.

Thai Embassy London <[email protected]>

10:54 PM (9 minutes ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif
Dear Sir/Madam,

For pensioner (aged 50 or over): A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from a pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000.

From 15th June 2019, we can issue only single entry for non-immigrant and you have to submit the application online. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pappap said:

Seems that's the end of the 12 month ME with a UK pension, just had this back from the Thai Embassy.

Thai Embassy London <[email protected]>

10:54 PM (9 minutes ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif
Dear Sir/Madam,

For pensioner (aged 50 or over): A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from a pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000.

From 15th June 2019, we can issue only single entry for non-immigrant and you have to submit the application online. 

The Non O/A one year multiple entry is still available, though the amounts required to qualify are £20000, and a police and medical report are required. This visa type has been slated for mandatory insurance from 1st July this year, but it's not yet clear how that will pan out. 

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html

Unless i am reading it wrong, the updated UK Thai embassy website suggests Non-o multiple entry based on marriage is no longer available, anyone confirm this? 

Glad i got my latest non-o multi this week, will have to put the 400k in the bank once back in Thailand

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Neil1968 said:

Unless i am reading it wrong, the updated UK Thai embassy website suggests Non-o multiple entry based on marriage is no longer available, anyone confirm this? 

Glad i got my latest non-o multi this week, will have to put the 400k in the bank once back in Thailand

I can’t confirm, but you’re reading it right!

It does not affect me but what choices are there for people on a single entry non o. { and do not meet the criteria for extensions in Thailand.}

Can they get a 30 day extension after the 90 days.?

Can they get a multi entry non o from a nearby country.?

52 minutes ago, pontious said:

Can they get a 30 day extension after the 90 days.?

There is no 30 day extension possible for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry.

If married to or the parent of a Thai a 60 day extension to visit them can be applied for.

52 minutes ago, pontious said:

Can they get a multi entry non o from a nearby country.?

Yes if is possible but the place you can apply for it depends upon the basis for the non-o visa. For marriage it is not a problem. For retirement only a couple of places will do them if you can meet the the same  financial requirements for an extension of stay.

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If married to or the parent of a Thai a 60 day extension to visit them can be applied for.

Yes if is possible but the place you can apply for it depends upon the basis for the non-o visa. For marriage it is not a problem. For retirement only a couple of places will do them if you can meet the the same  financial requirements for an extension of stay.

Thanks Joe, that will be a dramatic change for many.

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

For retirement, where are they please and do they accept the combination method?

46 minutes ago, Pappap said:

For retirement, where are they please and do they accept the combination method?

Savannakhet is possible and there have been several reports for Penang.

The will accept the combination of money in the bank and income but it could depend upon what proof of income you are using.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Savannakhet is possible and there have been several reports for Penang.

The will accept the combination of money in the bank and income but it could depend upon what proof of income you are using.

Proof of income from UK pensions to Thai bank showing as income from abroad so should be Ok, I hope!! Thanks, will try Penang as nearest and prob quieter than Savannakhet.

9 hours ago, Neil1968 said:

Not only that. ME Non-O based on Thai children also gone from options inside Evisa system. Only SE option.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RedCardinal said:

Not only that. ME Non-O based on Thai children also gone from options inside Evisa system. Only SE option.  

It is also shown on the embassy website now.

"Non-Immigrant Type O (single entry only)"

See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#6

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is also shown on the embassy website now.

"Non-Immigrant Type O (single entry only)"

See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#6

Non O ME still listed on the Visa fees page. £150.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84398-Visa-fee.html

When will the Thais learn to update all pages on their websites with the correct information, so as not to confuse folks.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Pappap said:

That's been on the website for years, however late 2014 they stopped issuing the SE Non Imm O for being over 50, unless you were 65 and receiving the state pension.

Has it been reinstated, or just another misleading error.

Any body tried to create an account on the Thai Embassy in the UK, as i just tried applying for a Tourist visa and started setting up an account, every thing went smoothly until i got to date of birth, it would only let me to go back as far as 1969 which would indicate 50 years , i want a bit more than that LOL

regards

TB

• Sad 1

If any TV members gets bounced at the pre-approval stage for METV and even SETV, please let us know and also generally how long you have been in Thailand previously and how long your break out the country was...

Am taking a break from Thailand soon, and hope there is no issue applying after 4-6 months away based on previous history in LoS.

The London embassy seems to be saying you can apply to the UK consulates as "normal". 

So for us, it wasn't a disaster because we could still apply by post, now they don't do the non-O ME visas we need ???? 

Probably no need to panic yet, information on the embassy website is often wrong and inconsistent, with rules often not enforced. I am sure things will become clearer over the next few weeks. Maybe the embassy will be able to confirm the changes, but expect lots of conflicting info.

Who will be the first one to try for a multi non-o based on marriage!

11 minutes ago, Neil1968 said:

Who will be the first one to try for a multi non-o based on marriage!

Only a fool would try without confirming with the Embassy first.

You'll lose the £150 fee and get the SE Non O instead.

10 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

You'll lose the £150 fee and get the SE Non O instead.

I think the e visa system will set to the fee to be paid for a single entry non-o visa. Not chance to enter and pay the fee you want to pay.

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Non O ME still listed on the Visa fees page. £150.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84398-Visa-fee.html

When will the Thais learn to update all pages on their websites with the correct information, so as not to confuse folks.

It’s not specific to category ‘O’. They list a ME Non-immigrant visa at £150, which would apply to any available category.

Edited by elviajero

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think the e visa system will set to the fee to be paid for a single entry non-o visa. Not chance to enter and pay the fee you want to pay.

Well one would hope so, but if completed by post you still need to send a pre-paid return envelope or £10 in cash. One would have thought if completing by post the facility to pay that fee online would be an option.

27 minutes ago, elviajero said:

It’s not specific to category ‘O’. They list a ME Non-immigrant visa at £150, which would apply to any available category.

Other than the O-A what other category is listed at £150.

6 hours ago, Pappap said:

In post number 10 and 13 in the link, a poster reported receiving a 1 year Non-Imm O Multiple Entry from Savannakhet using the combination method.   Savannakhet requires proof of retirement, so he used a pension letter.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Other than the OA visa on the e visa website the only non immigrant visa that is shown as being possible for a multiple entry is the a non-b.

image.png.c407158913e388375eeb72cf03cdd1d3.png

See: https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/Business

28 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Any category of ME non-immigrant (90 day) visa costs £150.

You can still get a ME ‘B’.

Yep, cheers, with you now gents.

For some reason I read an 'O' after Non Immigrant at No.5 on the Visa fee page.

To many 'O', 'A' and 'X's cluttered together.

• Like 1