Jump to content

45 year old British man found dead at Koh Chang luxury hotel


webfact

Recommended Posts

45 year old British man found dead at Koh Chang luxury hotel

By The Thaiger

 

3223840.jpg

PHOTO: Tourist Police Bureau

 

A British man has been found dead in front of his hotel room on Koh Chang. Koh Chang is in Thailand’s far east, off the coast of Trat.

 

The 45 year old tourist died near a swimming pool at the Sea View Koh Chang Hotel, according to tourist police.

 

Police say the man was lying in front of his room since early this morning. A maid found the man and checked for a pulse. She alerted the hotel management who contacted the Koh Chang police. The Police then notified the local Tourist Police.

 

They determined the man had been dead for a few hours. Police say there were no signs of a struggle but found over-the-counter medication in his room.

 

His body was sent to hospital for a post-mortem. The British Embassy has been contacted.

 

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/45-year-old-british-man-found-dead-at-koh-chang-luxury-hotel

 

 

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-06-13
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nary a day goes by without reading of a foreigner/tourist or two dying unexpectedly, in that respect, i think Thailand would be in first place on the list of dead tourist and expats...

Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, webfact said:

A maid found the man and checked for a pulse

That's pretty good going for a member of staff to check that. Well done.

 

31 minutes ago, webfact said:

Police say there were no signs of a struggle but found over-the-counter medication in his room.

Oh dear, will this be down as suicide now, seeing as he presumably consumed the medication himself?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I flat out don’t believe she checked for a pulse...based on 20 years of observation of living here...

 

but it it makes for a great storyline and cannot be proven true or untrue... 

 

as Agassi said, image is everything...

 

my guess.....saw the body and ran to get help or called the front desk....that is the proper response 

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

I flat out don’t believe she checked for a pulse...based on 20 years of observation of living here...

I take it you have irrefutable proof to back up your statement not just conjecture and personal opinion. Maybe, just maybe, there are some Thai employees who have the nowse and wherewithal to do things like check a pulse.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Nary a day goes by without reading of a foreigner/tourist or two dying unexpectedly, in that respect, i think Thailand would be in first place on the list of dead tourist and expats...

30'ish million people a year holiday in Thailand, very many of them are of an age where they might croak from natural causes. They just croak in Thailand rather than Bristol or Munich, or wherever they come from. Add to that the fact that some might be living more unhealthy lifestyles in Thailand than they might do if they were in their home countries.

RIP to this guy, too young.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

30'ish million people a year holiday in Thailand, very many of them are of an age where they might croak from natural causes.

45 doesn't seem like 'that age' to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

They just croak in Thailand rather than Bristol or Munich, or wherever they come from.

And not in many countries you will find such a death of a foreigner in the news.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, steven100 said:

where is his thai gf ?  CC's and mobile ??

Which girlfriend and what would it matter where she was?  Did you know him so well in order to know that he had a girlfriend?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Nary a day goes by without reading of a foreigner/tourist or two dying unexpectedly, in that respect, i think Thailand would be in first place on the list of dead tourist and expats...

And here's the (I was going to say living!) proof. . . 

https://www.farang-deaths.com/

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Which girlfriend and what would it matter where she was?  Did you know him so well in order to know that he had a girlfriend?  

It's just that if he did have ( and most farang do )  a thai gf ...... then if it was confirmed where she was at the approximate time of death, then she would be exonerated of any suspicion.

It's just normal investigative practices .... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:
5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Nary a day goes by without reading of a foreigner/tourist or two dying unexpectedly, in that respect, i think Thailand would be in first place on the list of dead tourist and expats...

And here's the (I was going to say living!) proof. . . 

https://www.farang-deaths.com/

"And here's the (I was going to say living!) proof. . . "

 

Quite the opposite, in fact, this is from that website...

"These statistics are being created automatically from 695 cases registered in Farang Deaths' database. Please note that this is not an accurate statistic regarding deaths of foreigners in Thailand"

 

Even using their own self-admittedly inaccurate figures, there have only been 16 deaths this year (164 days), so all you seem to have categorically proved that "a tourist or two" does not die unexpectedly each day as he claimed!

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Benroon said:

If he had been murdered as you are suggesting, do you not think it would be fairly evident ? - all you are doing now is trying to backtrack on your obvious slur !

would poisoning be evident ... ?   when any death occurs one must investigate all possible theories thereby eliminating any and all suspects.

Normal police procedure with any death ....   just saying .

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, steven100 said:

It's just that if he did have ( and most farang do )  a thai gf ...... then if it was confirmed where she was at the approximate time of death, then she would be exonerated of any suspicion.

It's just normal investigative practices .... 

From what's been reported of the investigation so far it doesn't look as though anyone needs to be exonerated through suspicion...even your imaginary Thai girlfriend.

 

By the way, apart from your assertion here, who says "most farangs have a Thai girlfriend"?

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:
8 minutes ago, Benroon said:

If he had been murdered as you are suggesting, do you not think it would be fairly evident ? - all you are doing now is trying to backtrack on your obvious slur !

would poisoning be evident ... ?   when any death occurs one must investigate all possible theories thereby eliminating any and all suspects.

Normal police procedure with any death ....   just saying .

"would poisoning be evident ... ?"

Probably, yes, detective.

Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, steven100 said:

It's just that if he did have ( and most farang do )  a thai gf ...... 

750 million farangs.

half is the man. 325 million. 

Most have a thai girlfriend? only 30 million thai females.

 

if you look in resorts, most farang man have a farang wife.

but if your life in the bar maybe you think that.

But if they from the bar, not really the girlfriend. Is just a “customer”. But many farang customers don’t understand that one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"would poisoning be evident ... ?"

Probably, yes, detective.

how would poisoning be evident ... ?  foaming of the mouth .. ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

But if they from the bar, not really the girlfriend. Is just a “customer”. But many farang customers don’t understand that one. 

What do you mean when you say ' many farang customers don't understand that one '

what don't they understand  ?  tks ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

Add to that the fact that some might be living more unhealthy lifestyles in Thailand than they might do if they were in their home countries.

Your are absolutely right Andrew. Many foreigners that die here came over to drink and drug it up then die from either an overdoes, drug/alcohol interactions, Alcohol poisoning or being in a drunken stupor and falling to their deaths. 

 

The audience here on TVF are quick to assume foul play and theft for everything. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The 45 year old tourist died near a swimming pool at the Sea View Koh Chang Hotel, according to tourist police.

I would guess a heart attack from unaccustomed exertion in the pool owing to being in a happy holidays frame of mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...