The perfect marriage

geronimo

We hear so many sob stories on this forum, so I thought I'd start a thread for the guys who have the perfect relationship.

I've been with my Thai wife for 27 years now and cannot remember the last time we even had a cross word. Admittedly, the first few years were tough, but once we got through that, it was downhill all the way.

I believe that a good relationship is all about give and take, and if you aren't prepared to invest the time in culturing the relationship, it is likely to suffer at some point, and I'm betting there's lots of guys who have a great relationship with their other half.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mines pretty good overall... Ups n downs like any relationship but in general we are best friends ????

We both agree that living close to her mother was a mistake, that we are trying to remedy.

We also both agree that if it wasn't for me working off shore, pretty much half the year, then we wouldn't have lasted this long (only 12 yrs but longest I've been with any woman).

I don't have any of the cliche issues with family, the MIL is just a typical controlling MIL but no money grabbing from anyone.

Respect is mutual between everyone, it's only a small family... Dad died more than 15yrs ago, so it's me with 3 sisters and Mom !!!

Perfect ? Far from it...

Drama ? Not really...

Happy ? Yes thank you...

5 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Mines pretty good overall... Ups n downs like any relationship but in general we are best friends ????

We both agree that living close to her mother was a mistake, that we are trying to remedy.

We also both agree that if it wasn't for me working off shore, pretty much half the year, then we wouldn't have lasted this long (only 12 yrs but longest I've been with any woman).

I don't have any of the cliche issues with family, the MIL is just a typical controlling MIL but no money grabbing from anyone.

Respect is mutual between everyone, it's only a small family... Dad died more than 15yrs ago, so it's me with 3 sisters and Mom !!!

Perfect ? Far from it...

Drama ? Not really...

Happy ? Yes thank you...

Hey mate, get an electric motor fitted to the gate, works wonders, keeps the outlaws out.:cheesy::cheesy:

Married 20 years,and together before that,life is great with her,best thing i ever did,my family love her,and i like all her family i am just one of them,and no money never comes into it ,except that time in 2008 when the pound went down and i borrowed 600,000 baht until it went back up,gosh they are having such a long wait lol

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

Married 20 years,and together before that,life is great with her,best thing i ever did,my family love her,and i like all her family i am just one of them,and no money never comes into it ,except that time in 2008 when the pound went down and i borrowed 600,000 baht until it went back up,gosh they are having such a long wait lol

A few years ago my in-laws lent me 20K Baht for a month to pay a tax bill the accountant didn't tell me about, until it was 'due in three days time'.

They've also lent me 300K Baht to put in the bank towards my visa in the past.

On 6/14/2019 at 2:59 AM, geronimo said:

I've been with my Thai wife for 27 years now and cannot remember the last time we even had a cross word. Admittedly, the first few years were tough, but once we got through that, it was downhill all the way

My last marriage was to an incredibly sweet Southern Bell.  In 14 years of marriage we never had a cross word between us.  I gave her the 4 bed, 3 bath house she wanted, the car she wanted, gave her love and affection, wasn't able to give her a child even after spending a fortune on in-vitro, so then sent her back to Uni to finish out here degree.  She comes home with her degree and a fiancee.  No warning.  Been schtuping her BF for about a year.  Comes home, "Hi I have a job, a new BF, and I'm moving in with him.  Thanks for the Full-Ride Scholarship!  Love you!  Love him more.  He has <this> and <that> and <toys> and <land> and we're going to build my Dream Home!!!"  After that, it was downhill all the way.

So - perfect marriage?  The only constant in this world is change.  

4 minutes ago, connda said:

My last marriage was to an incredibly sweet Southern Bell.  In 14 years of marriage we never had a cross word between us.  I gave her the 4 bed, 3 bath house she wanted, the car she wanted, gave her love and affection, wasn't able to give her a child even after spending a fortune on in-vitro, so then sent her back to Uni to finish out here degree.  She comes home with her degree and a fiancee.  No warning.  Been schtuping her BF for about a year.  Comes home, "Hi I have a job, a new BF, and I'm moving in with him.  Thanks for the Full-Ride Scholarship!  Love you!  Love him more.  He has <this> and <that> and <toys> and <land> and we're going to build my Dream Home!!!"  After that, it was downhill all the way.

Sounds painful, in more ways than one.

15 years of shit I endured for the sake of my child, but no more...divorce here we go ...

I had a farang/thai couple, they never argued... not difficult, she worked in a restaurant from 4 pm till midnight and he came home at 6 pm from his day job... hard to argue in those cases, right...

wife still asleep in bed while he went to work...

38 minutes ago, Pravda said:

This is why giving money to any woman is a major mistake.

Anyhoo, the original post is surely sarcastic, no? IO mean it went "downhill" after the first 3 years?

Bad choice of words I must admit, and no, the post wasn't meant to be sarcastic at all!

The first 3 years were difficult and involved teaching her how to think critically, as she had no idea how to analyse anything. All my expat friends tell me I won the jackpot when I met my wife, and I tend to agree.

56 minutes ago, connda said:

and probably a (secret) perfect pregnacy to boot!  to another (falang? edvisa) student?

3 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

To the OP, your luck does not change the fact that there is a failure/ripoff rate that must approximate 98%. We are the prey ????

I agree with you Sir. If I had a dollar for every bad marriage story I've heard, I could retire a very wealthy man. However, the OP was intended to encourage other "lucky" people like me to comment on their perfect relationship.

1 minute ago, villagefarang said:

I understand it is bad form to break ranks but I place most of the blame on how clueless most guys are. 

Agree with that,

many are not prepared to embrace the culture here, and because of that, they feel like an outsider (which they are).

There are always going to be issues with cross cultural relationships, and if you're not prepared to make the effort, you will have problems.

Just now, NCC1701A said:

I got a idea.

Go to Thailand where everyday you meet beautiful women who are giving you the eye 24/7.

and then get married.  :coffee1:

Been there, done that!

9 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

I got a idea.

Go to Thailand where everyday you meet beautiful women who are giving you the eye 24/7.

and then get married.  :coffee1:

Some of us cant handle all that attention  that's why we marry

Archived