British expat and Hua Hin bar owner arrested on eight year overstay

webfact

On 6/14/2019 at 8:48 AM, freedomnow said:

Balls of brass to have overstayed that long.

Probably shot his mouth off to too many customers about his overstay situation....

Then clearly Chinese Whispers move REALLY slowly in HH ....

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, the guest said:

Like many of us, I accept we are just temporary guests (who could at any minute) be deported without any good reason by immigration. We choose to come to Thailand voluntarily, and then fool ourselves in thinking we have improved our status in Thailand by marrying and having children and investing. The facts couldn't be further from the truth. Doesn't matter what footprint you have, it makes no difference, nor does the Thai system care about foreigners. You are a Farang, that's it ! so if you slip or break the law, out you go .. and before that happens the country will seize all your assets, and leave you with just a shirt on your back ! (if your lucky)

Agreed the old fools who come here and breed....Stupid old men having kids...no sympathy for them.. Where is your evidence that the country will seize your assets? Absolute nonsense!! 

2 hours ago, the guest said:

and before that happens the country will seize all your assets, and leave you with just a shirt on your back ! (if your lucky)

Total idiots passing this down the line until yet another one buys into that mantra and then starts crowing about. Its cringeworthy to read

58 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

There's a guy in Hua Hin who built a condo with the bttm two floors a hotel. Somebody dies in one the rooms and when the police go through the paperwork, no hotel license, business shut down. When you live on the edge legally, sometimes all it takes is an unrelated domino of events. 

As many have said before you can't fix stupid. Suddenly someone retires and they become experienced property developers or financial whizz kids? Astute International Investors

They don't.

They are still Fred the Plumber (and son) who is on the pension or even possibly Nigel the retiree Post Master from Kent who is in the same boat but has now fathered two kids who MUST go to international school in the misguided belief it will make the kids more intelligent.

Worrying about the exchange rate of the pound to the Baht.

That's the reality for a lot retirees in Thailand. Over extended based on past exchange rates and now trapped like rats.

3 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

according to a poster on here he was caught when Thais called police for a welfare check, sounds more likely than others saying he was informed on...

Highly likely but I wouldn't put it past the farang brotherhood to have some involvement somewhere. They seem to be the most jealous and obnoxious types anywhere. 

On 6/16/2019 at 4:59 PM, the guest said:

Like many of us, I accept we are just temporary guests (who could at any minute) be deported without any good reason by immigration. We choose to come to Thailand voluntarily, and then fool ourselves in thinking we have improved our status in Thailand by marrying and having children and investing. The facts couldn't be further from the truth. Doesn't matter what footprint you have, it makes no difference, nor does the Thai system care about foreigners. You are a Farang, that's it ! so if you slip or break the law, out you go .. and before that happens the country will seize all your assets, and leave you with just a shirt on your back ! (if your lucky)

What assets most falangs own here? Most own nothing. They have their worthless usufruct, yellow book and pink cards to cuddle and make them feel good about their unwise financial decisions.

2 hours ago, MARK74 said:

2 pages filled with so much hate, so much BS, so much jealousy and so many cliches. 

live and let live?

Live and let live and don't care about any rules. That's why you moved to Thailand? 

12 hours ago, balo said:

Live and let live and don't care about any rules. That's why you moved to Thailand? 

i was head hunted to move here but its not about me. i am talking the general jist of most comments on this thread. bitter, angry and jealous nonsense for the most part, anyway live and let live ????

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2019 at 9:22 AM, onera1961 said:

Is his brothel fronting as a bar will be shut down and will he be charged with pimping  Thai girls exclusively without giving any opportunities to African ladies?

Racial discrimination for working women

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2019 at 6:30 PM, ttrd said:

Yes he should - The bar was for sure in his wife's name and she employed thai's. He stayed without visa, he worked without permit and when his wife died he didn't care about the bar neither the employees sitting and drinking feeling sorry for himself so no reson to glorify a helpless wretch who never cared about the rules in the country he choosed to live in and finally must pay the price for it … 

From photos in the earlier post, he had work permit before his passport expired. So, I don't understand why he doesn't renew his passport in the first place.

Studio_20190614_085724.png.119e430a249b1d8e0de44b2b11320da6.png

On 6/18/2019 at 5:17 AM, inThailand said:

What assets most falangs own here? Most own nothing. They have their worthless usufruct, yellow book and pink cards to cuddle and make them feel good about their unwise financial decisions.

So where are you hanging out in your perfect world...????

On 6/18/2019 at 5:17 AM, inThailand said:

Perhaps you should widen your small circle of friends.

3 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

Perhaps you should widen your small circle of friends.

I would but they are leaving for they can not legally meet the visa financial requirements.

Thank buddha for the agents falsifying documents for the majority of long term falangs.

On 6/16/2019 at 7:01 PM, emptypockets said:

Its unlikely he will spend any time in a Thai prison, he will be put through the system and deported, Same as every one else unless they are charged with a criminal offense. Same as most countries. Unless you claim to be a refugee. 

Why do you think that? I have been told that if no one pays up the overstay fine, foreigners serve it out in a Thai prison. Is it the lack of a criminal conviction?

Not to be unsympathetic, but have to believe he failed to renew his passport as he was on the run.

Does anyone know what happened to Mr. Doyle over the last six weeks?

• 1 month later...

This is my dad he left me in 2009 to Thailand. He hasn’t bothered to stay in contact with me or his family in the last 10 years so I am not sure why I’m here however he is my dad in the end of the day. So I want to try to help him. Has anybody got anyway of me speaking to him? He is almost unrecognisable to the man that left he has obviously tried to drink himself to death. 

6 minutes ago, Connor doyle said:

This is my dad he left me in 2009 to Thailand. He hasn’t bothered to stay in contact with me or his family in the last 10 years so I am not sure why I’m here however he is my dad in the end of the day. So I want to try to help him. Has anybody got anyway of me speaking to him? He is almost unrecognisable to the man that left he has obviously tried to drink himself to death. 

He should be back in the UK now , as he would have gotten deported from Thailand

42 minutes ago, Connor doyle said:

why did you not help him back to the emerald isle ? 

On 9/3/2019 at 4:41 AM, Connor doyle said:
On 9/3/2019 at 4:25 AM, sanemax said:

He should be back in the UK now , as he would have gotten deported from Thailand

Thank you for the reply I thought he would get a jail sentence? Where should I phone in the U.K. 

Contact your embassy to see if and when he got deported, If he got fined and didn't have the money to pay he could still be in jail, IDC center

Archived