VIDEO: Thai police expertly take down armed suspect at hospital in Bangkok

rooster59

VIDEO: Thai police expertly take down armed suspect at hospital in Bangkok

hospital.JPG

This is the moment two brave police officers apprehend a man armed with a large knife.

The incident occurred at Thammasat Hospital in Bangkok on Friday.

The officers were responding to reports that two men were causing a disturbance at the hospital.

Footage of the police officers apprehending the men has gone viral on social media.

After being detained, one of the men claimed he would take legal action against the police officer if he hurt him.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-15

2 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

And all without filling him full of lead, take note ''exceptional'' ones!

Yep, not often you hear of two "brave" police officers, or in other words just the RTP doing their job they should be doing rather than the more common money making activities.

They were lucky they were not stabbed only because he didn't want . Could have easily taken the many staff within a few feet away hostage but he didn't want to. Shoot him dead! stop playing games

There is a vid on you tube showing the same scenario and when the disturbed knife man finally went on the attack a BIB tripped and was stabbed to death..Shoot to kill!!

That dude is lucky. If you pull that sort of nutjob stuff in a hospital then really all bets are off. He should get the harshest of punishments allowed under the law as some places like this should be off limits to scumbaggery and the authorities need to send that massage, as it seems that many now seem to think the inside of a hospital is fair game for conflict now ... not OK. 

2 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

The guy obviously was all bluster for he had many opportunities to stab the cops and didn't but they didn't know that. Amazing restraint shown imo, mental illness or yaba comes to mind. Would of been dead in North America unless someone was lucky with a taser. 

They don't use Taser when the person is charging with a knife or gun, Tasers don't always work especially if the guy is pumping with adrenaline or high on Meth

27 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Good job but whilst they were at the hospital it was a shame the facilities were not used on the looney????

Thammasat Hospital does not have a Nutcracker Suite, no facilities for the deranged.

I am very surprised that one of the cops at least did not draw his gun. Maybe a prudent move given the situation?

Well done.

I just loved the way that, halfway through, the lady in the black and white dress walked straight through the middle of the fight without taking a blind bit of notice!

3 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Looks completely set up to me...

I agree.  Looks staged.

Little urgency to arrive on scene.  They walked.

The one BiB in the background did all the work.. the other one did jack and at one point left his partner exposed as the so called deranged person walked over to him.  Neither of these guys appeared to by any sort of great threat.  

28 minutes ago, Nowisee said:

I agree.  Looks staged.

The one BiB in the background did all the work.. the other one did jack and at one point left his partner exposed as the so called deranged person walked over to him.  Neither of these guys appeared to by any sort of great threat.  

Of course they walked. The last thing anyone should do when dealing with unstable armed people is make them panic.

You do know that there are countries where the end of every incident involving the police doesn't involve a body bag?

28 minutes ago, Nowisee said:

I agree.  Looks staged.

Of course they walked. The last thing anyone should do when dealing with unstable armed people is make them panic.

You do know that there are countries where the end of every incident involving the police doesn't involve a body bag?

Police did a shit job,endangered themselves and others around too.....the guys were obviously drugged out of there heads and you cant have a drug fueled idiot(s) with a massive knife running around,he swiped a bit at the cop already,the cop was defending himself with his baton..huh!!....if that guy decided to really attack which he could of then the 2 cops would be dead and then members of the public after ,they were lucky he was not intent on murder but they didnt know that so was stupid the way they responded..the knife guy should have been told straight away to drop his weapon at gunpoint and shot in the body if didnt listen. He even went up to the cops partner at one stage very closely and could of stabbed him very easily......the cops were not trained properly and played it by ear which by a bit of luck worked out this time..i certainly wouldnt rely on luck in that situation....why take the guy down with no knife first leaving the man with a knife to still be acting nuts......they should have focused on him/his knife hand and possibly whack his knife hand with there sticks but i would have preferably had my gun pointed at him at first sight of a 12 inch bladed knife and the man jumping around acting nuts with it on arrival at  the scene. They were lucky this time!!!

14 minutes ago, tattoodrob said:

Police did a shit job,endangered themselves and others around too.....the guys were obviously drugged out of there heads and you cant have a drug fueled idiot(s) with a massive knife running around,he swiped a bit at the cop already,the cop was defending himself with his baton..huh!!....if that guy decided to really attack which he could of then the 2 cops would be dead and then members of the public after ,they were lucky he was not intent on murder but they didnt know that so was stupid the way they responded..the knife guy should have been told straight away to drop his weapon at gunpoint and shot in the body if didnt listen. He even went up to the cops partner at one stage very closely and could of stabbed him very easily......the cops were not trained properly and played it by ear which by a bit of luck worked out this time..i certainly wouldnt rely on luck in that situation....why take the guy down with no knife first leaving the man with a knife to still be acting nuts......they should have focused on him/his knife hand and possibly whack his knife hand with there sticks but i would have preferably had my gun pointed at him at first sight of a 12 inch bladed knife and the man jumping around acting nuts with it on arrival at  the scene. They were lucky this time!!!

This vid should be a training VID on what NOT to do when confronted by a lunatic with a large knife 

roadrunner, sounds about right to me.

I'll lean towards this being staged. 1) The camera angles and shooting looks professional which is not so likely in a live situation 2) Hospital staff go about their business or just sit there looking as if they could care less. 3) guy with knife in foreground looks like Mun the actor (well that's not a good reason ????

Now if this was the ussa there would have been a dozen squad cars arriving, tasers, two dozen guns drawn, a few police dogs, and people fleeing. Guy would have ended up tased, shot, and face planted into the floor. So imho even if a staged situation it represented a cool headed approach. If real, very cool albeit dangerous with a crazy guy with a large knife.

Archived