Jungle Helmet

lingling

Why??

Are you making a history film? :o

On the top floor (or one lower?) of Future Park they used to have a special shop for military articles. It was in the area where they have those cement dolphins coming out of the floor.

Why??

Are you making a history film? :o

Just need some appropriate gear for taking the skytrain during rush hour. Khaki shirt and shorts is no problem to find but I haven't been able to find a proper jungle helmet.

Are you taking the pith??

:D Beat me to it.

Just need some appropriate gear for taking the skytrain during rush hour. Khaki shirt and shorts is no problem to find but I haven't been able to find a proper jungle helmet.

Are you taking the pith??

Pith? No, the skytrain. You know the one on the elevated concrete bridge.

Are you talking about this:-

A sola topi / topee maybe old chap!

Sola topi = pith helmet

The question is 'Why do you want one?' The colonial days are long gone. There is a Vietnamese style pith helmet - similar to the Bombay style - shown in an earlier photo - but in olive drab. Check out e-bay for various styles/prices.

According to these chaps http://www.pithhelmets.com/ they're made in Vietnam, should be readily available in LoS.

Still think you'll look a bit of a plonker on the SkyTrain though, how about an Elephant Gun to go with it?

Great, thanks for the link. An elephant gun or a sword would look great with it but I am not sure the skytrain guards would allow me to bring either of those on the train. I could downgrade from skytrain to one of those neat seats and four carriers though.

Still think you'll look a bit of a plonker on the SkyTrain though, how about an Elephant Gun to go with it?

Somone I know quite well who lives in Bangkok (a regular poster in Thaivisa as it happens) likes to wear the complete Bombay/colonial style outfit when he is "lording it" around the city. He even wears it to the office on "dress down days"!! I'm sure that he will be extremely interested in this thread as I think he lost his pith helmet recently. Each to their own I suppose...

Edited by ashacat

:o I read the title and thought the poster wanted an infection of the male genital organ.

Despite reading the thread, I still don't understand why you would want this hat for the BTS? Is there something your fellow users should know?