Taking aim at Johnson, British PM hopefuls make Brexit case

webfact

12 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

You have no idea how the rest of the world would view the UK, 

Have ,   now the once Great Britain , is sadly doomed, RIP.

Edited by elliss
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

And you have no idea how it would pan out if we withdrew article 50 and remained in the EU.

You have no idea how much our position in the EU is already weakened with the other 27 member states knowing half of the UK want out, and therefore you don't know how the UK would be treated by the EU going forward. 

You have no idea how the rest of the world would view the UK, having seen us try to leave the EU for 3 years and being prevented from doing so by the Remain heavy HoC, and then backing down and giving up. 

You have no idea how the British public would respond to the referendum result not being implemented as promised, how many years of public discontent and disruption there would be as a result of half the country feeling betrayed. 

You have no idea how the EU project will evolve over the next few years, with most commentators recognising the direction of travel, i.e. further integration, fiscal, military, etc. etc. 

You have no idea how the EU economy will fare over the next few years, with massive financial problems and mass unemployment in countries like Greece, Italy, Spain, and even Germany's economy teetering on the brink of recession. 

...but you have. Amen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Yip..he said that..BUT what kind of Brexit..a vassel style model..ie..a rehash of t mays rubbish??...or the real thing.
The proof is in the pudding.
Lets see if..
1. Boris becomes pm
2. What kind of Brexit he comes up with.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

if I remember correctly,

a year or so ago it was argued (by some) here on TVF that BJ is a remainer at heart

and that his leave flare is just an opportunistic streak

• Like 2

And you have no idea how it would pan out if we withdrew article 50 and remained in the EU.

You have no idea how much our position in the EU is already weakened with the other 27 member states knowing half of the UK want out, and therefore you don't know how the UK would be treated by the EU going forward. 
You have no idea how the rest of the world would view the UK, having seen us try to leave the EU for 3 years and being prevented from doing so by the Remain heavy HoC, and then backing down and giving up. 
You have no idea how the British public would respond to the referendum result not being implemented as promised, how many years of public discontent and disruption there would be as a result of half the country feeling betrayed. 
You have no idea how the EU project will evolve over the next few years, with most commentators recognising the direction of travel, i.e. further integration, fiscal, military, etc. etc. 
You have no idea how the EU economy will fare over the next few years, with massive financial problems and mass unemployment in countries like Greece, Italy, Spain, and even Germany's economy teetering on the brink of recession. 
The Hard Core Brexiteers who really have no idea about anything much their nationalist dreamworld.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

This morning I listened to a report regarding the debate on BBC World Service. There was a quote were they referred to the non-attendance of Boris as "like going to the circus and the clown didn't turn up".

So no bias there then right?

Plus the fact that they likened the debate to a circus says everything about it.
Hard Brexiteers clowning about the makeup.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

What they get up to in their private life,is up to them. And that includes the leaders of the SNP. Unless it involved a sex crime such as rape. And by the way, when’s Alex Salmons appearing in court?

AC6B822D-B457-4BDA-BB4D-FDAA12FF4E8B.jpeg.7839a44635dec7b16d33a7204ae0b6b1.jpeg&key=253dee6b1c0380613fdcc13374f0c755f53746358a7947a69d6ac065cbd94233

In your book, does 'innocent until proven guilty' only apply to those of whose politics you approve? Regardless, Salmond is no longer a politician.

It seems that many are so desperate for Brexit that they will hitch their wagons to this most reprehensible, most revolting of characters. They are happy to ignore his long track record of lies, duplicity and deceit because he promises to give them the Brexit they desire.

I have some magic Brexit snake oil if you are interested.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 hours ago, nahkit said:

This morning I listened to a report regarding the debate on BBC World Service. There was a quote were they referred to the non-attendance of Boris as "like going to the circus and the clown didn't turn up".

So no bias there then right?

Plus the fact that they likened the debate to a circus says everything about it.

Maitis is fronting today's effort from the BBC so expect more of the same.

Edited by evadgib

43 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

In your book, does 'innocent until proven guilty' only apply to those of whose politics you approve? Regardless, Salmond is no longer a politician.

It seems that many are so desperate for Brexit that they will hitch their wagons to this most reprehensible, most revolting of characters. They are happy to ignore his long track record of lies, duplicity and deceit because he promises to give them the Brexit they desire.

I have some magic Brexit snake oil if you are interested.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Come on RR you are doing yourself no favours putting so much venom in your character assassination of Boris, you are over egging the pudding to say the least. We all know when a remainer doesn't get their way they will make it known to heaven and high earth, but the truth of the matter he is hugely popular, nothing will change that even all this mud slinging.

Incidentally better save some of that snake oil for Scottish MEP Alyn Smith who accused the Brexit Party on Sky TV about it's funding, Richard Tice, the Brexit Party chairman threatened to sue Smith and he has settled out of court for an undisclosed sum.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, vogie said:

Come on RR you are doing yourself no favours putting so much venom in your character assassination of Boris, you are over egging the pudding to say the least. We all know when a remainer doesn't get their way they will make it known to heaven and high earth, but the truth of the matter he is hugely popular, nothing will change that even all this mud slinging.

Incidentally better save some of that snake oil for Scottish MEP Alyn Smith who accused the Brexit Party on Sky TV about it's funding, Richard Tice, the Brexit Party chairman threatened to sue Smith and he has settled out of court for an undisclosed sum.

I don't think there is much in the way of venom in my words. I have absolutely zero respect for the man but I wish him no ill will. I simply wish that he was held to the same account as most of us are, and that he fade into obscurity. Sadly I doubt either will ever happen. 

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

<------>

Once again another remainer who believes that going to university makes you smarter. It doesn't. I know. I spent many years there. In fact I would say it makes you less intelligent but that is for a different thread. 

First, do I understand it rightly? (By my own words) :

Because you spent many years in university it didn't make you more intelligent, but „less intelligent“. And you know it !

Confirmed here in TV Brexit threads; I had to  :cheesy::cheesy: .

(But I'm not sure if I understood it rightly because of my limited English knowledge)

Edited by puck2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

If you think by having degrees from university that you are more intelligent then you need those laughing smileys.

University and the junk they churn out stifles creativity. But I guess you feel justified with whatever degree you have. It has been done to death her as a subject but seems to justify remainers who feel that they are superior because they went to university. Big deal.

Is that clear enough for your limited English Knowledge.

It seems that you, with your unlimited English Knowledge, cannot remember the nonsense you have written here above.

Your words „University and the junk they churn out stifles creativity.“. I don't know if this is English/British standard, but cannot believe it.

I only know that people have a lot more knowledge i.e. in natural sciences after finishing university.