Sole Custody Obtained ! What's next ?

Clifford S

Hi,

I recently was granted full Custody of my children, I had not been Married to the mother.

A few years back, I obtained Kor Ror 11 for each child Legitimising me as the father.

So now I have a Court Document stating I am the Sole Custodian. Just wondered what's next, ie is there a Certificate or Document that states I am the Sole Custodian or do I just use the Court Letter when Required, ie Possibly when going on holidays outside Thailand with the kids...

Maybe a Por Kor 14 Child Custody Form ?

Thanks for all replies...

Cheers

Cliffy 

I say this every time here when such posts are made.....

Does your order say "Parental power" / "Parental Control"? That's what you want - custody means you just look after them all the time, the PP means you have the 'only say' in what happens.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, happylarry said:

You now take the court order to the Amphur and register it and they will give you a type of certificate showing you have full custody.

Well done.

HL

Agree with the letter from the amphor – I use it when travelling alone abroad with my child, even I've never been asked to show it at immigration, but just in case – I however have no experience when one has sole custody, but presume the court document will replace the physical mum and her permission at the amphor office.

• Like 1

I am going through the same thing with my son with ex Thai wife. I downloaded a form online about her giving me custody and decisions reguarding my son. It stated that she gave permission for him to go to USA for vacation and to attend school there.Last October I went to the airport with him, my current Thai wife and our son. Got pulled over at immigration about my son, as there were no stamps in his USA passport. I showed immigration the 3 years of annual permission docs, his Birth Certificate, Certificate of his Natuaral born Citizen of USA born abroad, yet that was not enough. I had to call her in Europe where she is living with her boyfriend. After they asked her many questions on the phone to verify her Idenity and permission, they let us through. They said next time had to go to the Amphur and get the Thai document that says she gives permission. I just got that one from the Amphur, but is was a hassle. I went with two lawyers three times, my son's mother had to fly to Pattaya and come on the third visit. Yet I only got a document for one year to travel with him. They said I have to go with lawyer to Chonburi court and get document of full custody "Parental power" / "Parental Control". So now I have to pay lawyer more and go to court, they say mom not need to go, but we will see. 

Further more my son's passport will expire end of Aug this year. I looked on line about what I need to do to renew passport for child under 16 years old. That will be a hassle too with all the paperwork needed as I am divorced from his mom. The one major thing is, I need a court document from court giving me the aforementioned custody. So I have to go to Chonburi court and obtain this document of custody and go back to the Amphur and get a permanete form from them. There are many other notorization that has to be done by the US Embassy or USA notoary. Not to mention getting Thai documents translated to Engilsh and notorized, or even sent to the Thai Ministry of Foriegn Affairs office for stamps. 

Things to think about for men who are in the same position as I am in. If you are in custody of your child and need to travel abroad and/or get new passport in the future. Hope this helps people

• Like 2