Raw Honey (Mature Honey in Bangkok)

Denzo

I always Buy honey from Tops supermarket with a brand called langnese (around 1000THB/Ltr.) to eat it with mily before bedtime. This brand has good quality but costly since it is imported. I am looking for a cheaper option without compromising quality. I search by myself and found that "Bee my guest-Raw honey farm" deliver to Bangkok and their price is quite cheaper (200THB/Ltr... correct me if I am wrong). I would like to know is anyone ever bought honey from them and can share experience? Further anyone know other genuine option to get pure honey in Bangkok at a cheaper price?

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

500bht for 6x 1l bottles out and about locally.

155bht/ltr in the supermarkets.

Must have been looking wrong (not that I often buy honey).  But how sure are we that its real honey and not something with added sugar ?

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Must have been looking wrong (not that I often buy honey).  But how sure are we that its real honey and not something with added sugar ?

My gf swirls a dollop around in a bowl with water, and says if it looks like their home (honeycomb) it's real, if it looks like waves in the sea it's fake.

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My gf swirls a dollop around in a bowl with water, and says if it looks like their home (honeycomb) it's real, if it looks like waves in the sea it's fake.

Yes I heard there were tests to test honey, but as I don't buy it often I never tried. 

On 6/19/2019 at 5:23 PM, BritManToo said:

500bht for 6x 1l bottles out and about locally.

155bht/ltr in the supermarkets.

I tried that honey (other brands available in tops or makro) and found instantly that they are not as good as langnese  

My great uncle was a beekeper.   We used to get a gallon of his honey at Christmas time each year.   He had boxes up near Mt Rainer,  and apparenly,  the bees really liked to gather in the fields of fireweed.

The honey here seems really thin.   I am not certain that it is 100% even when the label says so.   Some folks cut their honey with corn syrup (Like Karo) Syrup  and try to sell it as pure.

The honey here is also has a very light sweetness in comparison to honey I've had from the PNW  of the USA.

I wonder if the honey here has a different composition,  because in the States,  the hives go dormant for about 6 months of the year,  and they need that honey to keep things going.    I am not certain if the bees here ever go dormant.   In a tropical climate,  they may not have the same energy requirements,  so their honey may be different too.

Did you know that honey never expires.   It may get hard and crystalize,  but if it does,  just heat it up.  

It is also an excellent antiseptic dressing for scrapes.

Did you know that ants are not attracted to honey?    So if your honey has ants coming to it,  it is bogus.

10 minutes ago, samuttodd said:

Did you know that ants are not attracted to honey?    So if your honey has ants coming to it,  it is bogus.

I've purchased many different types of honey, the Thai ants love them all.

Hard to believe they were all fake.

Hmm,  I read up on the ants and honey,  and apparently the less moisture there is in the honey,  the more repulsive it is to ants.   

Maybe there is so much mositure in it here that the ants like it.    It sure seems of thinner consistancy here.

On 6/25/2019 at 11:55 AM, sotsira said:

I've found this brand to be of good quality.

100% Thai Honey from Tesco/Lotus 205bt litre.

IMG_0399.thumb.jpg.02bd21454ff1471c65fc2a19cf8f5ee6.jpgIMG_0400.thumb.jpg.bc15dccf6ff6737e8727040f7f6a90bd.jpg

I never tried it before. I bought other Thai brand honey from Big C and Tops which label as 100% pure honey to they can not even come closure to langnese honey. Let me Try it Tesco On Nut is right next me. Thanks for suggesting ????

On 6/27/2019 at 3:19 PM, samuttodd said:

My great uncle was a beekeper.   We used to get a gallon of his honey at Christmas time each year.   He had boxes up near Mt Rainer,  and apparenly,  the bees really liked to gather in the fields of fireweed.

The honey here seems really thin.   I am not certain that it is 100% even when the label says so.   Some folks cut their honey with corn syrup (Like Karo) Syrup  and try to sell it as pure.

The honey here is also has a very light sweetness in comparison to honey I've had from the PNW  of the USA.

I wonder if the honey here has a different composition,  because in the States,  the hives go dormant for about 6 months of the year,  and they need that honey to keep things going.    I am not certain if the bees here ever go dormant.   In a tropical climate,  they may not have the same energy requirements,  so their honey may be different too.

Did you know that honey never expires.   It may get hard and crystalize,  but if it does,  just heat it up.  

It is also an excellent antiseptic dressing for scrapes.

That's not true. once I left some honey (langnese brand) at jar cap and next day I saw ants on that Jar. Maybe environment matters. And yes I do agree and Honey and Ghee (Indian product if u know about it) they never expires if they are pure

Archived