Suvarnabhumi Flights During Songkran

Hi everyone

Hopefully some of you will be able to answer the following questions surrounding the up and coming Thai New Year.

I am departing from Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi) to Phuket on the 16th April. I was planning to book these flights when I arrived in Bangkok on the 13th April. After reading some Thaivisa posts I am now beginning to wonder!!

Will there be plenty seats left because its Songkran? Will Bangkok airport be busy because of Thai New Year? Any ideas who I should book with in Bangkok? I dont mind which airline we go with as long as its safe....lol.

I would be very grateful for your honest replys. I am travelling with my husband and three children and like to plan ahead.

Cessnock

Hi everyone

Hopefully some of you will be able to answer the following questions surrounding the up and coming Thai New Year.

I am departing from Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi) to Phuket on the 16th April. I was planning to book these flights when I arrived in Bangkok on the 13th April. After reading some Thaivisa posts I am now beginning to wonder!!

Will there be plenty seats left because its Songkran? Will Bangkok airport be busy because of Thai New Year? Any ideas who I should book with in Bangkok? I dont mind which airline we go with as long as its safe....lol.

I would be very grateful for your honest replys. I am travelling with my husband and three children and like to plan ahead.

Cessnock

As you plan to travel together and seem to need 5 seats, I would book in advance.

Especially you are not on a transit stopso there is no risk of your incoming flight being delayed an dyou not making your domestic flight.

Note that Thai Airways has flights to Phuket both from the old Dom Muang and the new Suvanabhumi airports.

NokAir and 1-2-go fly from Dom Muang the others from SUVA

Safety is very subjective but I would recommend NokAir for a combination of cost and quality, you can book and buy online and no I am not associated with them in any way....

Edited by Krub

Hi everyone

Cessnock

As you plan to travel together and seem to need 5 seats, I would book in advance.

Especially you are not on a transit stopso there is no risk of your incoming flight being delayed an dyou not making your domestic flight.

Note that Thai Airways has flights to Phuket both from the old Dom Muang and the new Suvanabhumi airports.

Safety is very subjective but I would recommend NokAir for a combination of cost and quality, you can book and buy online and no I am not associated with them in any way....

Thank you Krub :D

Hi everyone

Cessnock

Nokair only having 15kg baggage allowance concerns me. Also I have a connecting flight to the UK at 02.05 from Suvarnabhumi. I was planning on getting an earlier flight ( 19.45 Nokair) to Dom if need be then go by taxi or I was looking at Air asia`s 21.25 flight to Suvarnabhumi....do you think thats enough time for both airlines including possible delays?

Cessnock

Hi everyone

Cessnock

Nokair only having 15kg baggage allowance concerns me. Also I have a connecting flight to the UK at 02.05 from Suvarnabhumi. I was planning on getting an earlier flight ( 19.45 Nokair) to Dom if need be then go by taxi or I was looking at Air asia`s 21.25 flight to Suvarnabhumi....do you think thats enough time for both airlines including possible delays?

Cessnock

You was talking of Bangkok to Phuket and I replied based on that also on the base that you had a few days in Bangkok between flights.

Now you seem to be talking of a return trip Phuket Bangkok with a connection out of Bangkok.

For that I would most certainly recommend an airline that flies into SUV to avoid the taxi connection between the 2 airports (risk of traffic delays, 1 or 2 taxis for 5 with luggage etc.)

I don't like AirAsia myself as very prone to delays especially end of day, no seat assignments, etc.

Try Thai Airways or maybe Bangkok Airways has better fares. Thai International mught be a good option with kids as they have 50% off for the kids (I think)

Hi everyone

Cessnock

Cessnock

You was talking of Bangkok to Phuket and I replied based on that also on the base that you had a few days in Bangkok between flights.

Now you seem to be talking of a return trip Phuket Bangkok with a connection out of Bangkok.

For that I would most certainly recommend an airline that flies into SUV to avoid the taxi connection between the 2 airports (risk of traffic delays, 1 or 2 taxis for 5 with luggage etc.)

I don't like AirAsia myself as very prone to delays especially end of day, no seat assignments, etc.

Try Thai Airways or maybe Bangkok Airways has better fares. Thai International mught be a good option with kids as they have 50% off for the kids (I think)

I arrive from the uk on the 13th April stay for 3 night then depart Bangkok 16th to Phuket for 16 nights. I need to depart from Phuket on the 2nd May to get my Bangkok flight 02.05.

Cessnock

Book Now......BTW, I would do things in the reverse...Patong and then BKK. if you are going to "get wet" do it in Patong...much nicer and no violence

Too late I have already booked my flights and hotel on these dates...cant change.

Any opinions on the flights?

Heather

On your way to Phuket, it doesn't matter which airport you use, being you'll be staying in Bangkok first. Either airport will take about equal time to get to from most places in Bangkok. So choose whichever airline suits your schedule and/or budget. I'd say THAI, Nok, or Air Asia. But if the luggage allowance isn't enough, use THAI as they have a higher allowance (20kg) and an additional 10kg (30kg total per passenger) if you book your tickets online with their website. An alternative is Nok Plus which I believe is 500 Baht more and gets you an additional 5kg and a better seat.

On the return, I'd stay away from any flights that go into Don Muang, as getting across town with your children and all your luggage, trying to make your connecting flight, won't be fun. Being your flight out isn't till 02:05, you've got enough time for any carrier, but again if the luggage allowance is a problem, stay away from Air Asia, so I'd say THAI would be the reasonable choice.

There's no need to use the same airline going and coming. Buying two one-ways with any of the domestic carriers is the same price as buying one round-trip. So choose whichever carrier is best for each sector and don't concern yourself if it's the same or not.

But yes .. DO BOOK in Advance for big holiday times!

Very good advice. You will be surprised how much money the thais have. There's always a lot of travelling going on around the holidays.

Remember some years back I couldn't get a flight to Japan short before Songkran, even so the company insisted on me flying business or first class only (cos if the customer looks at your luggage they can see it and the comp. didn't want to look poor).

Very good advice. You will be surprised how much money the thais have. There's always a lot of travelling going on around the holidays.

Remember some years back I couldn't get a flight to Japan short before Songkran, even so the company insisted on me flying business or first class only (cos if the customer looks at your luggage they can see it and the comp. didn't want to look poor).

Thank you soooooooo much for all your replys. You all have been very helpful, Im glad I signed up with Thaivisa.com.

Thanks again

Cessnock :o

Thank you soooooooo much for all your replys. You all have been very helpful, Im glad I signed up with Thaivisa.com.

Thanks again

I have now booked my return flights with Bangkok Airways.

Thanks everyone

Cessnock :D

• 2 weeks later...
Im glad I signed up with Thaivisa.com.Thanks again

The longer you stay on TV the 'gladder' you will get. :D Enjoy your holiday.

After reading about tourists going to the wrong airport I have to ask this questiion. Is Bangkok Airways still at the new airport? My ticket says Bangkok to Phuket.

Cessnock