TM30 by mail and report to local police

I have read up on TM30 rules here, I own my condo and applied for online TM30 reporting (application accepted a week ago) but have a couple of question:

1. I notice that some say you can do the TM30 by mail, but does that mean that the 24 hour rule is not applied as long as the TM30 is mailed within the 24 hours?

2. While the official rule says that one can report to local police, if no immigration in the province, I have read that some have managed to report anyway (with receipt) to local police in Bangkok. For most that would be MUCH more convenient than a day trip out to CW immigration. Is there anyone here with experience with that?

Cheers!

• Like 1

I have done this already, and today, Saturday, I received an e mail asking me to confirm the email address, which I did. It then came up with email successfully verified.

When I now go online to the pending box, it has changed from ' waiting for e mail confirmation ' to ' waiting for approval. '

We were late submitting this due to being upcountry and not being fully conversant at the time with the enforcement or knowledge actually, of TM30 rules as they have never been implemented up here.

However, belt and braces and all that jazz, I have done it now.

My retirement extension is due next month, so we shall see if there is any fine due to the fact we are outside the 24 hour window, or if indeed they ask for TM30 verification.

As I have stated before, I am moving to the new Kalasin office this time,  the TM30 was never needed at Sakon Nakhon office.

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

1. Yes

2. I doubt the police would accept the TM30 form or even know what it was for. I am not even sure immigration would accept the receipt for one done at a police station.

Khon Kaen Immigration.

I returned from an overseas trip in early March this year, did TM30 at local police station (300 m away rather than 70+ km) within 24 hours and, 2 weeks or so later when we happened to be passing by KK Immi., took the police notification receipt in, showed it to them and it was accepted without question or comment. KK Immi. issued their own receipt dated that day so I now have 2 receipts in my passport relating to my last re-entry to Thailand.

Not the first time I've done this.

Edited by MartinL
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MartinL said:

Khon Kaen Immigration.

I returned from an overseas trip in early March this year, did TM30 at local police station (300 m away rather than 70+ km) within 24 hours and, 2 weeks or so later when we happened to be passing by KK Immi., took the police notification receipt in, showed it to them and it was accepted without question or comment. KK Immi. issued their own receipt dated that day so I now have 2 receipts in my passport relating to my last re-entry to Thailand.

Not the first time I've done this.

Interesting. I wonder if anybody have tried/succeeded with reporting to local police in Bangkok like that (and get a receipt) thereby avoiding the dreaded Chang Wattana Immigration trip :). Cheers!