Fish Tank Wanted

Maxington

Best to just buy a new one. At Kamtieng flower market there are two large tropical fish shops back-to-back. Shogun Farm is the best place to buy fish. However, the other one -- Andaman -- is the best to buy tanks. Be sure you get the ones that have the curved front sides. They are the best viewing tanks.

Andaman's aquariums of fish are totally disgustingly dirty. I don't know what it is with the owner (some foreigner guy) but the water in the tanks is always foul. I wouldn't buy any fish from there.

On the other hand, the Shogun Farm is always crystal clear. They also have a much bigger selection of fish. 

By the way, just around the corner (toward where the birds are but the soi before that), can't recall the name, is a small tropical fish shop that has just redone all its tanks to a very high quality. You might take a look since sometimes they have fish the others don't have. 

On 6/23/2019 at 1:09 PM, Trujillo said:

Best to just buy a new one. At Kamtieng flower market there are two large tropical fish shops back-to-back. Shogun Farm is the best place to buy fish. However, the other one -- Andaman -- is the best to buy tanks. Be sure you get the ones that have the curved front sides. They are the best viewing tanks.

Andaman's aquariums of fish are totally disgustingly dirty. I don't know what it is with the owner (some foreigner guy) but the water in the tanks is always foul. I wouldn't buy any fish from there.

On the other hand, the Shogun Farm is always crystal clear. They also have a much bigger selection of fish. 

By the way, just around the corner (toward where the birds are but the soi before that), can't recall the name, is a small tropical fish shop that has just redone all its tanks to a very high quality. You might take a look since sometimes they have fish the others don't have. 

I would be careful what sort of fish you buy from Shogun. In common with many suppliers in Thailand, a lot of their stock seems to have been raised with the help of antibiotics and hormones, and hence die about a week or two after you bring them home.