Exclusive: White House's Kushner unveils economic portion of Middle East peace plan

rooster59

You can educate them...give them jobs...help startup businesses, and promote tourism...they will gladly take the money...it will help them plot their next terrorist offensive...they will NEVER stop hating Jews, Christians, and the US...

It is not about economic opportunity...it is an all or none ideology...their goal is all Muslim...none Christian Jews left in the world...

Good Luck with this program...

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

2 hours ago, porphyry said:

Behold idiot son-in-law Jared Kushner—the man now in charge of brokering Middle East peace, Uberizing the federal government, reforming the entire criminal justice system, and keeping Donald Trump’s hands off his wife.

He knows nothing about politics; nothing about policy; nothing about  security; and has no apparent skills aside from being married to Ivanka Trump. I guess that makes him a pretty good fit for the Trump White House.

what are his credentials?  oh i forgot he is Donalds son in law.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pegman said:

This will only be resolved when a major portion of world powers sanction the hell out of the Israeli apartheid regime like was done to its twin South Africa. The two state, so called solution ship, has long sailed. One democratic country, like present day South Africa, is the only viable worthwhile outcome now. Trump putting his radical Zionist son in law in charge is a joke with a less than zero chance of working.

South Africa's previous system was Israel's "twin" only if one is ignorant of facts, or bent on misrepresenting them to suit his politics.

Strong announcements about the two-state solution no longer being viable do not usually rely on facts either, and the same goes for unreserved supportive views regarding one-state solution. The same applies - either one is misinformed, or intentionally misrepresents things so that they fit a narrative.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Kushner's plan should be called "Prosperity for Your Sovereignty" Plan.

His plan is not about Making Palestine Great Again but about making Palestinians economic stateless servants of Israel.

Whereas now they have neither prosperity nor sovereignty.

To add - I don't think there are viable solutions which do not involve the economic gap between the two societies being retained for years to come. The same applies with regard to economic ties in general between Israel and the Palestinians.

Edited by Morch

4 hours ago, pegman said:

This will only be resolved when a major portion of world powers sanction the hell out of the Israeli apartheid regime like was done to its twin South Africa. The two state, so called solution ship, has long sailed. One democratic country, like present day South Africa, is the only viable worthwhile outcome now. Trump putting his radical Zionist son in law in charge is a joke with a less than zero chance of working.

Er, not sure South Africa, with a struggling economy and a society mired in crime and corruption 25 years after the Communist-aligned ANC takeover, represents a "viable, worthwhile" democracy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Er, not sure South Africa, with a struggling economy and a society mired in crime and corruption 25 years after the Communist-aligned ANC takeover, represents a "viable, worthwhile" democracy.

I think the 77% of South Africans who are black are pretty damned sure about it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, porphyry said:

Behold idiot son-in-law Jared Kushner—the man now in charge of brokering Middle East peace, Uberizing the federal government, reforming the entire criminal justice system, and keeping Donald Trump’s hands off his wife.

Good luck with that last goal, Jared!

1BF34BAD-B3F3-4276-ABF0-B1AC797349B9.jpeg.918bdb2c188e2a44b79ca21fd8d80491.jpeg4E357B7A-0FCA-4C0E-8A92-6E17403EFD24.thumb.jpeg.456204a87d7a287b5f22eaf48f6d33f8.jpeg

28 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I think the 77% of South Africans who are black are pretty damned sure about it.

Do a Google search and you'll find a lot who are not. And the reasons why.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

Do a Google search and you'll find a lot who are not. And the reasons why.

There certainly are reasons that South Africans are not happy with the ANC for economic & anti-corruption failures.

But there are few, if any, indications that the black majority want to return to Apartheid.

Plus the Palestinians can only dream of their own imperfect democracy, free from their racist rulers.

Edited by khunken
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, khunken said:

There certainly are reasons that South Africans are not happy with the ANC for economic & anti-corruption failures.

But there are few, if any, indications that the black majority want to return to Apartheid.

Plus the Palestinians can only dream of their own imperfect democracy, free from their racist rulers.

Democracy is sometimes better as a "dream" than a reality. Like Churchill said, it is the best of the worst of systems. He should know. He not only lived one, but ran one.

1 hour ago, khunken said:

"....the Palestinians can only dream of their own imperfect democracy,...."

I guess you're going to blame Israel for the Palestinians apparent inability to maintain even the measure of democracy they have at this time. Those not completely blinkered or invested in propaganda efforts would note that the last general elections were held 13-14 years ago.

If the Palestinians would have been "free" today, unlikely there would be much democracy about. More like factions either butchering each other or twisting the system to further their respective interests.

Edited by Morch
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Morch said:

"....the Palestinians can only dream of their own imperfect democracy,...."

I guess you're going to blame Israel for the Palestinians apparent inability to maintain even the measure of democracy they have at this time. Those not completely blinkered or invested in propaganda efforts would note that the last general elections were held 13-14 years ago.

If the Palestinians would have been "free" today, unlikely there would be much democracy about. More like factions either butchering each other or twisting the system to further their respective interests.

As usual the Morch victim blaming when anyone criticises his racist friends.

Yes, both the US & Israel have ensured that there has been no elections in Palestine for years. That was because Hamas won the last election and we can't have them allowed to win another.

Yes, maybe the factions would have been killing each other but it's hard to see that being any worse than Israel slaughtering them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, khunken said:

As usual the Morch victim blaming when anyone criticises his racist friends.

Yes, both the US & Israel have ensured that there has been no elections in Palestine for years. That was because Hamas won the last election and we can't have them allowed to win another.

Yes, maybe the factions would have been killing each other but it's hard to see that being any worse than Israel slaughtering them.

I'm not blaming anyone. I'm stating a fact, which you find hard to deal with or even acknowledge.

As expected, blame every Palestinian failure on Israel (and for good measure, the USA). Because for some posters, Palestinians are not accountable, nor responsible for anything whatsoever. It could be argued that such a trait wouldn't go hand in hand with a democratic society, but eh.

How would Palestinians killing Palestinians be better? And does is the supposed "slaughter" by Israel apply all around? Nothing to do with Palestinian actions and policies either?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Morch said:

I'm not blaming anyone. I'm stating a fact, which you find hard to deal with or even acknowledge.

As expected, blame every Palestinian failure on Israel (and for good measure, the USA). Because for some posters, Palestinians are not accountable, nor responsible for anything whatsoever. It could be argued that such a trait wouldn't go hand in hand with a democratic society, but eh.

How would Palestinians killing Palestinians be better? And does is the supposed "slaughter" by Israel apply all around? Nothing to do with Palestinian actions and policies either?

Your denial about not blaming anyone is a iie. You are also not posting 'facts' - just your biased opinion.

Palestinians are only accountable insofar as they are allowed by their 'masters'. Without being given the necessary cooperation from Israel & the US (as happened in the last election), the Palestinians have no capability to organise an election.

I din't say that Palestinians killing would be better - why do you always twist what others write? - I said 'any worse' (i.e. much the same). I will say again that hypothetical killing is definitely no worse that the actual numbers slaughtered by Israel.

2 hours ago, khunken said:

Your denial about not blaming anyone is a iie. You are also not posting 'facts' - just your biased opinion.

Palestinians are only accountable insofar as they are allowed by their 'masters'. Without being given the necessary cooperation from Israel & the US (as happened in the last election), the Palestinians have no capability to organise an election.

I din't say that Palestinians killing would be better - why do you always twist what others write? - I said 'any worse' (i.e. much the same). I will say again that hypothetical killing is definitely no worse that the actual numbers slaughtered by Israel.

How is it a "lie"? I mean other than you saying so. It is a fact that the last general elections were held more than a decade ago. It is also a fact that neither Palestinian faction exhibits much by way of acting democratically. You don't like reality? Tough.

I don't even know what "accountable insofar as they are allowed by their 'masters'" bit is supposed to imply. What "necessary cooperation" from Israel and the USA is needed in order for the Palestinians to carry out elections? Are you quite aware of the times elections were in the works, when either faction would bring the whole thing down to serve political ends?

As for the the rest - your say potato. Whatever. Hypothetical? I'll refer you to post-elections violence. People thrown off balconies etc. And things haven't  improved much as it comes to relations between the Palestinian factions either.