Big shout out for Tinnies Pies Jomtiem

watcharacters

Besides offering excellent food prepared and served by a great staff, I was surprised today to find the owner had remodeled for the benefit of his customers.

What he did was provide a genuinely effective handicap/infirm person ramp and entrance to his shop.    Can't recall ever seeing this done  before by a business in Thailand. 

I wish the owner well and hope that those who in the past found his entrance challenging will give a revisit.

7 hours ago, dabhand said:

Neung's Pies, on Khao Noi 13, are also rather decent. IMO.

I used to buy from her but once I tried Caddyshacks there was no going back.

BTW Caddyshacks carry the Bake House label.......79 baht in other places......60 baht bought direct 50 baht for a good pork pie......buy 10 pies at a time and free delivery apparently :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, petermik said:

Caddyshack pies @60 baht are the best IMHO....:thumbsup:

Coincidentally I just ate a pork pie that I brought from England a few days ago, and was wondering if there are good pies available here

So please give the location of the Caddyshack

And anyone else who has recommended a "Good Pie"

Thanks

25 minutes ago, DD13 said:

Coincidentally I just ate a pork pie that I brought from England a few days ago

Me too. I've never had anything here even remotely as good. £2 (that's 80B) for a very big pie full of tasty meat and with excellent pastry. Most places here take shortcuts with the pastry for pork pies and end up not following a proper hot water and lard recipe.

The best pork pie I've had here was a much smaller 100B one at the Expat shop on Soi Siam Country Club.

6 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Me too. I've never had anything here even remotely as good. £2 (that's 80B) for a very big pie full of tasty meat and with excellent pastry. Most places here take shortcuts with the pastry for pork pies and end up not following a proper hot water and lard recipe.

The best pork pie I've had here was a much smaller 100B one at the Expat shop on Soi Siam Country Club.

Do you mean Eastiny ?.

I've only got one Morrisons pie left...... so my spirits have slumped

12 minutes ago, Denim said:

When I want one I make my own. Very nice they are too. However if you haven't got an oven then you have to buy ready made.

I bake my own too. Much cheaper and better than the bought ones here, but making just one or two small pork pies is very time consuming and fiddly.

As I've learned from reading ThaiVisa, the price for "pie" and the quality of that "pie" can vary drastically in the Pattaya area (yes, I know this relates to Jomtien). The older the "pie" the cheaper it gets.???? 

18 hours ago, DD13 said:

Coincidentally I just ate a pork pie that I brought from England a few days ago, and was wondering if there are good pies available here

Thanks

https://caddyshack-pattaya.com/

The pies are baked and frozen so will need re-heating....I prefer pork pies cold however so I just let it de-frost :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

I bake my own too. Much cheaper and better than the bought ones here, but making just one or two small pork pies is very time consuming and fiddly.

This is true but if you live in the boonies you are a long way from a Pattaya pie shop.

I usually make 3 or 4 at a time because as you say, a bit time consuming. Filling is easy but the pastry has to done in the air con bedroom.

P_20190219_150409.jpg

15 hours ago, DD13 said:

Thanks

I simply Googled Caddyshack Thailand and ended up here.

On 6/23/2019 at 4:09 PM, petermik said:

Caddyshack pies @60 baht are the best IMHO....:thumbsup:

I ordered something special today with the owner  of Tinnies  but I don't know him personally.

I agree that Tinnies Pies is not an inexpensive place but at the same time I believe the owner places quality far  ahead of price concerns.

On 6/24/2019 at 8:59 AM, petermik said:

https://caddyshack-pattaya.com/

The pies are baked and frozen so will need re-heating....I prefer pork pies cold however so I just let it de-frost :thumbsup:

Thanks for the link, I was unsure of the location, not all that convenient for me from naklua but I could send the GF out there to buy a few. She rides a motorbike, I do not, do not even like getting on one.

Do they do pork pies and sausages rolls as well ?

Thanks

Archived