The Great Chiang Mai Haze Competition

chanchao

The Great Chiang Mai Haze Contest

Guess tomorrows PM-10 value and win a super prize!

Whoever is closest in their prediction will win a marvelous imported (from Spain) dust mask, valued at 175 baht. Entries close on 14 March 2007, 9am. The value as listed for Chiang Mai on the Government PCD site will be final.

Get your prediction in today!

(My prediction is: 326)

(Feel free to merge this topic with the running one, I made it a separate one for effect. :o

On a more serious note, I actually looked at masks at Global House today, and it's all very confusing. There's many kinds, and, being imported from Spain, it has instructions and limitations only written in Spanish. (Where are Spanish people when you actually need them eh!).

Anyway there's ones against gases, pesticides, ammonia and dust. The wider the filter, the harder it is to breathe through them. So it's not just a matter of getting the biggest filter as it just woulnd't be comfortable for prolonged use; these things are intended to be used just while you're painting/spraying something.

The 'dust' filter is actually the thinnest compared to the other ones, and still somewhat okay to breathe through. It has valves for exhaling, creating a cool 'Darth Vader' effect. (Just add goggles and a helmet, conveniently located nearby at Global House). Another problem I can see with them is that you can't wear them and drink beer at the same time. Decisions, decisions.

Edited by chanchao

The Great Chiang Mai Haze Contest

Guess tomorrows PM-10 value and win a super prize!

Whoever is closest in their prediction will win a marvelous imported (from Spain) dust mask, valued at 175 baht. Entries close on 14 March 2007, 9am. The value as listed for Chiang Mai on the Government PCD site will be final.

Get your prediction in today!

(My prediction is: 326)

341 is my guess

It just looks like fog to me and I don't smell smoke.

I guess I'm the only one. :o

Not only do we (all of my family) smell smoke, we can feel it building up in our lungs, burning our eyes and generally making everyone queezy.. Pray for rain good citizens (and bad citizens)..

:D

425 :D

Meanwhile Thada Satta, chief of Mae Hong Son's weather office said that the smoke limited visibility to be at about 500-700 metres.

However he said it is expected to have raining and strong wind in the area on Friday which could help alleviate the smoke in the province. :o

Sawadee

Kan Win

P.S. me miss-use is up there now and panicking, with me camera :D hope her photos are good :D

297 is my wild guess.

I can decipher Spanish, so I may drop by Global House. They are bound to have something I really need. I think even my body is beginning to feel the effects.

I noticed today, in riding around CMai, that lots of motorcyclists have masks on. I think I saw a policeman with a face mask with a removable canister. Getting serious. At 4:30 pm, you could stare directly at the sun and just see a dim, orange circle. Probably like that all day, if you could even see the sun.

297 is my wild guess.

I can decipher Spanish, so I may drop by Global House. They are bound to have something I really need. I think even my body is beginning to feel the effects.

I noticed today, in riding around CMai, that lots of motorcyclists have masks on. I think I saw a policeman with a face mask with a removable canister. Getting serious. At 4:30 pm, you could stare directly at the sun and just see a dim, orange circle. Probably like that all day, if you could even see the sun.

Not unusual in Chiang Mai

I'll just wait until the canaries start dying...