Boris Johnson says he is serious about 'no-deal' Brexit threat

Jonathan Fairfield

2 minutes ago, petemoss said:

I provided facts as to the result of the Peterborough by-election. What facts did you provide?

"We are talking about October 31st this year and if we are not out by then there will be a GE shortly thereafter." And that's a fact is it? Or another Brexiteer pink unicorn? 

When someone composes a post using the words 'probably' and 'if' then that post is unlikely to be factual. 

The post Halloween GE is my prediction if we have not left the EU by then.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, petemoss said:

I see no evidence here either. I see Richard Tice claiming that he has evidence that Tariq Mahmood acted as an agent for the Labour party in the Peterborough by-election, but staunchly refuses to present that evidence. Meanwhile Labour have presented evidence that he did not act as an agent in said by-election.

Personally, I'm more concerned at the fact that approx. 30% of votes cast were postal votes!

Perhaps this is normal - but I doubt it.....

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Well, if we leave, we won't be able to contribute to material change, would we? On a personal note, I do side with being accountable, and for reform, and transparency - regretably the EU, the UK and probably many other governments don't embrace openness. 

"On a personal note, I do side with being accountable, and for reform, and transparency"

Everyone (apart from politicians, bureacrats and the like) agree on this point - but there is STILL no sign of this being embraced, far less happening!

The 'ideal' time for the eu to prove that it was open to reform was after the brexit vote - but instead, they took the opposite stance.....

"regretably the EU, the UK and probably many other governments don't embrace openness."

Agree entirely.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Kind of clashes with the idea Eire can block any EU/UK deal.

Not really. Vetoes have been steady disappearing. Tax rules are next I think.

All remaining countries still have a say on any member leaving - they haven't had time to mess with that yet - I suppose it's because nobody used Article 50 before? ????

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Personally, I'm more concerned at the fact that approx. 30% of votes cast were postal votes!

It's ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

I can't see it, bearing in mind it would likely result in the decimation of the tory party - and labour is only likely to fare slightly better?

Me too but nothing's impossible I suppose. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, nauseus said:

When someone composes a post using the words 'probably' and 'if' then that post is unlikely to be factual. 

The post Halloween GE is my prediction if we have not left the EU by then.

"there will be a GE shortly thereafter." I don't see any "probablies" or "ifs" there.

30 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

And if the electoral commission finds no fraud and the legal challenge finds no fraud will you accept their findings?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And if the electoral commission finds no fraud and the legal challenge finds no fraud will you accept their findings?

Yes -  as long as they explain why approx. 30% of the vote were postal ballots.

Edit - Surely you agree, this is more than odd?

Edited by dick dasterdly
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, vogie said:

Eureka, by George I think he's got it. BTW we joined a golf club, the EU changed it to a tennis club.

either way. golf or tennis club just pay the (1) due fees, return the (2) card and (3) leave, simple as 1, 2 and 3

20 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

You are leaving since how long? 2 years. 

After you left you can make good deals with other nations for sure, by example with Mr. America first or your former colony India which you treated so well. I am sure they all are waiting to make amazing deals with GREAT Britain. Lol.

you forgot NZ 555

7 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

either way. golf or tennis club just pay the (1) due fees, return the (2) card and (3) leave, simple as 1, 2 and 3

The due fees will be for the current year of membership - not for many future years!

Edit - Yes this is simplistic, and (as things have transpired ☹️) I agree with the rest of your post 

Edited by dick dasterdly
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

The due fees will be for the current year of membership - not for many future years!

Edit - Yes this is simplistic, and (as things have transpired ☹️) I agree with the rest of your post 

see, there is hope, at least we agree on something 555

1 hour ago, petemoss said:

As do several heads of state within the EU. We would have plenty of support for reform of the EU, if we remain.

Appreciated, but part of that reform is for us to leave otherwise we'll be no different to all the other (E)U turners.

Brits are better than that.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Yes -  as long as they explain why approx. 30% of the vote were postal ballots.

Edit - Surely you agree, this is more than odd?

I agree that it's a number higher than the norm for other by-elections, but then who knows why?

There may be very legitimate reasons. Postal votes are legal, perhaps encouraging postal voting was an effective means to get people to vote. 

If on the other hand there is evidence that the use of Postal Votes was fraudulent then I would definitely support a re-run of the election.

Just like I believe the proven cases of electoral fraud in the referendum warrant a re-run.

Surely you agree, a electoral fraud is extremely serious and warrants re-runs regardless of who the winner/loser is?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

In any statement for the future related to Brexit, there cannot be anything factual. They can only be predictions with 'probably' and 'ifs'.

As we see frequently, even recent actual events that should be factual, are reported and distorted with spin and interpretation to suit peoples own opinions and agenda. That's typical of Remainer MSM and TVF posters.  

"In any statement for the future related to Brexit, there cannot be anything factual."

At last we agree on something. 

On 6/25/2019 at 9:26 AM, evadgib said:

I have yet to see a Sky political journalist sounding remotely sympathetic to the leave cause. 

As today is a 'No News' day I thought the board might like this:

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, nauseus said:

Our vetoes and influence within the EU are now so limited to be effectively worthless.

Going forward? Please! 

Try to think positively. Make it happen. Well that's up to the UK government, not the man in the street. Negative attitudes will never change the status quo. If brexiteers see a future ahead, hassle the government to do something about it, because they won't if not pushed. Leaving is submission, not fighting for a better future.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Loiner said:

In any statement for the future related to Brexit, there cannot be anything factual. They can only be predictions with 'probably' and 'ifs'.

As we see frequently, even recent actual events that should be factual, are reported and distorted with spin and interpretation to suit peoples own opinions and agenda. That's typical of Remainer MSM and TVF posters.  

Perhaps you could remain on topic and add something constructive rather than blame remainers for every sin under the universe.

Apologies for being blunt, but baiting and trolling deserves a rest from posting on here.