Boris Johnson says he is serious about 'no-deal' Brexit threat

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, evadgib said:

Appreciated, but part of that reform is for us to leave otherwise we'll be no different to all the other (E)U turners.

Brits are better than that.

So Brits run and hide rather than stay and fight do they? Sorry, not the way I was brought up.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, evadgib said:

Appreciated, but part of that reform is for us to leave otherwise we'll be no different to all the other (E)U turners.

Brits are better than that.

Leave, and Britain would never get reform. The only way forward is to fight from within. That's logical.

The Mayor of Calais has said he will add another 15 lorry lanes in the Port of Calais to speed up lorry checks in the event of a no deal Brexit. 

I wonder if the penny will ever drop with the remainers.

Just now, vogie said:

The Mayor of Calais has said he will add another 15 lorry lanes in the Port of Calais to speed up lorry checks in the event of a no deal Brexit. 

And abandon checks on the lorries too. The lorries will become busses for illegals. If you think it's bad now just wait until the French no longer join the fight to prevent illegals from crossing from Calais to Dover.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I agree that it's a number higher than the norm for other by-elections, but then who knows why?

There may be very legitimate reasons. Postal votes are legal, perhaps encouraging postal voting was an effective means to get people to vote. 

If on the other hand there is evidence that the use of Postal Votes was fraudulent then I would definitely support a re-run of the election.

Just like I believe the proven cases of electoral fraud in the referendum warrant a re-run.

Surely you agree, a electoral fraud is extremely serious and warrants re-runs regardless of who the winner/loser is?!

I don't consider that electoral fraud is any hindrance to brexiteers. They have a different agenda. But, hell, so what. A GE is on the cards now Johnson is taking a hard line approach to resolving the impaase. Shame he would be the shortest PM on record.

1 minute ago, petemoss said:

And abandon checks on the lorries too. The lorries will become busses for illegals. If you think it's bad now just wait until the French no longer join the fight to prevent illegals from crossing from Calais to Dover.

The extra lanes are to assist with checks.

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

The penny will drop when there is a humungus delay at all the ports, when there is none at present.   

8 minutes ago, petemoss said:

Yea right. More likely to cope with the queues of immigrants.

It doesn't really matter what anyone says about Brexit, we have our clique of remainers ready to jump on the doom and gloom bandwagon. 

25 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Try to think positively. Make it happen. Well that's up to the UK government, not the man in the street. Negative attitudes will never change the status quo. If brexiteers see a future ahead, hassle the government to do something about it, because they won't if not pushed. Leaving is submission, not fighting for a better future.

The positiveness felt by leavers after the referendum has been attacked and eroded by remainers and the EU for the last 3 years, so positive thinking is difficult. These remainers have been the PM, the majority of the UK government and parliament, plus the noisy and resentful group of the losing minority who refuse to accept a democratic vote. The EU elections were a demonstration of leavers hassling the UK government and all the rest of them, by sending the message that we still want to get out. Leaving is what we want to do. Submission, is that so-called ridiculous withdrawal agreement. A better future for the UK is outside of the EU, which wants more and more control, until European nations and their democracies just die.    

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

The positiveness felt by leavers after the referendum has been attacked and eroded by remainers and the EU for the last 3 years, so positive thinking is difficult. These remainers have been the PM, the majority of the UK government and parliament, plus the noisy and resentful group of the losing minority who refuse to accept a democratic vote. The EU elections were a demonstration of leavers hassling the UK government and all the rest of them, by sending the message that we still want to get out. Leaving is what we want to do. Submission, is that so-called ridiculous withdrawal agreement. A better future for the UK is outside of the EU, which wants more and more control, until European nations and their democracies just die.    

Fight it from within, then. Change tactics. Once outside, there is no way forward. Submission is leaving, and that's the reality.

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

It doesn't really matter what anyone says about Brexit, we have our clique of remainers ready to jump on the doom and gloom bandwagon. 

On this forum, a much bigger group of leavers ready to jump on the doom and gloom bandwagon and shout down anyone who shatters their dream of chasing pink unicorns by pointing out the facts.

23 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Leave, and Britain would never get reform. The only way forward is to fight from within. That's logical.

Maybe logical but unachievable. Each time the UK has contested new regulation it has been voted down. It is harder than ever for one country to influence the EU because the 19 Eurozone countries almost always vote as a block and that block has a permanent majority.

5 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Fight it from within, then. Change tactics. Once outside, there is no way forward. Submission is leaving, and that's the reality.

See my post 285 above. That's the reality.

1 minute ago, petemoss said:

On this forum, a much bigger group of leavers ready to jump on the doom and gloom bandwagon and shout down anyone who shatters their dream of chasing pink unicorns by pointing out the facts.

Better to chase our dreams than to remain a prisoner bogged down in a quadmire with one foot stuck in the mud.

24 minutes ago, vogie said:

Maybe you can explain how that will be of any benefit to vehicles entering the UK. Vehicles will have to be checked at the French border and then again at the UK border on entry.

It is my understanding that then current practice of customs operating on the other side of the channel is to be discontinued, so any benefit will only be to the French.

50 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

if it was that simple, the UK would have left the EU. Get a grip on reality, please.

care to explain who made it complicated, some of you guys want to leave, thus just leave and don't let the door hit your rear on the way out but I am quite sure when/ once the reality sets in, please don't come back crying the blues and asking to get back in

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

care to explain who made it complicated, some of you guys want to leave, thus just leave and don't let the door hit your rear on the way out but please don't come back crying the blues and asking to get back in

ok

Just now, nauseus said:

Maybe logical but unachievable. Each time the UK has contested new regulation it has been voted down. It is harder than ever for one country to influence the EU because the 19 Eurozone countries almost always vote as a block and that block has a permanent majority.

Think positively. Anything is achievable if there is enough momentum for change - even radical change. Brits are better than submitting to submission by leaving the EU when they should be in there fighting for reform. Wouldn't you - as a poster - be willing to do that? Or just bleat about it from your barstool?

To think of 'remaining is submission' is a false concept because if brexiteers want a forwatd-looking process then challenge the government to challenge the EU at every turn. I would suggest most remainers would feel the same and act accordingly with you guys.

Maybe this is a concept that hasn't even been mentioned on here because it's about working together that gets the best result. Whatever and wherever you come from, you and your fellow Brits want the UK we can all be proud of. 

BTW - I think both Johnson and Hunt should spread this message.

46 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Like Ireland & all the others did?

There's no logic in an autocracy.

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Like Ireland & all the others did?

There's no logic in an autocracy.

Duh. Just give up then and leave. Face the consequences that won't be beneficial to your families in the  UK. Or man-up and fight for your rights. 

3 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Duh. Just give up then and leave. Face the consequences that won't be beneficial to your families in the  UK. Or man-up and fight for your rights

Getting shot of that lot falls entirely into that category.

11 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I'll humour you...

Remember Patrick McGoohan an' a big white ball?

I'll humour you. Patrick McGoohan was Irish. Not made of the same stuff. 555

Actually he did stay and fight. The series ended when he asked the computer one question, "Why". The computer blew a fuse and the place shut down and he walked.

12 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Getting shot of that lot falls entirely into that category.

And how would that benefit you? Short term meds as a pancea instead of complete transformation of a system that is clearly not working as you allude to in the above response.  Leaving is an abrogation of responsibility for change. 

Think climate change and how it is necessary to keep knocking at government's door to get positive results and beneficial changes. Leaving doesn't resolve any future problems, that's assured because government couldn't give a toss for the populace as long as you keep them in power. 

3 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

And how would that benefit you? Short term meds as a pancea instead of complete transformation of a system that is clearly not working as you allude to in the above response.  Leaving is an abrogation of responsibility for change. 

Think climate change and how it is necessary to keep knocking at government's door to get positive results and beneficial changes. Leaving doesn't resolve any future problems, that's assured because government couldn't give a toss for the populace as long as you keep them in power. 

Moves are afoot to render all of this a waste of time but MSM as yet won't touch it.....

If Gina Miller can do it I cannot see why this lot shouldn't try.

1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

Perhaps you could remain on topic and add something constructive rather than blame remainers for every sin under the universe.

Apologies for being blunt, but baiting and trolling deserves a rest from posting on here.

My observation was in response to a chain of posts, where a Remainer required 'facts' about probable events. If you have a problem with off-topic take it up with him. Remainers frequently distort facts to suit your agenda.

If I were guilty of trolling an baiting I'm sure the mods would have actioned it by now. They usually do it quickly for Remainer reports.

27 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

With ref to your mention of climate change, the EU have just forced HMRC to put up tax on solar panels from 5% to 20%, doesn't seem they want to be climate clean to me, shouldn't they be encouraging people to buy these panels and not penalising them.

52 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Duh. Just give up then and leave. Face the consequences that won't be beneficial to your families in the  UK. Or man-up and fight for your rights. 

Here we are then. Our right to Brexit without restrictions. Or is that one not allowed in your internal fifth columnist type of fighting. This sabotage from the inside is the sort of thing the Left has been doing to the UK for about forty years or more and its not acceptable. 

Archived