Johnson warns EU against any 'Napoleonic' tariffs in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, bomber said:

he state's the "opportunity for brexit is over 50 years" to anyone with half a brain that is saying brexit could take 50 years to reach its full potential in his opinion of coarse,imo throughout  the whole interview he is just hoping and guessing brexit could work,facts are it already has for him.

You are misquoting him again. I have showed you what he said if you cannot understand a simple video that is not my fault.

He said the benefit will be felt over 50 years, meaning once we brexit we will be feeling the benefit for 50 years, he did not say it could take 50 years to reach its full potential, "anybody with half a brain" can see that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bomber said:

seen it before,getting boring now,enjoy your 37bt pound while you can,fill ya boots before its 30 ????

At the Brexit select committee today there was a comment that the  prospect of a hard brexit isn't fully priced in. And the Telegraph is reporting that UK stocks are undervalued given historical pricing. Given that the FTSE goes up every time the pound falls a few bob on a FTSE 100 tracker fund might be a good bet. In fact I reckon a 20k punt might be worth a flutter as a sterling hedge. And once I have that sort of skin in the game I'll be at the front shouting HARDER,HARDER just lile moggie and his mates. In fact 50k might be a better bet.

Edited by beautifulthailand99

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

You are misquoting him again. I have showed you what he said if you cannot understand a simple video that is not my fault.

He said the benefit will be felt over 50 years, meaning once we brexit we will be feeling the benefit for 50 years, he did not say it could take 50 years to reach its full potential, "anybody with half a brain" can see that.

And he knows because.......

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, vogie said:

he is quoting 50,a possible 50 years no matter which way you see it,it could mean 49 years of poverty with the 50th year being the land of milk and honey,it could mean many other things but its 50 years no matter what,tell everybody all about it on here in years to cum,it wont bother me my life expectancy is only another 26-30 and i wont be in the UK to reap the rewards of the sovereign UK land free from its EU shackels hahahahaha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vogie said:

You can't even quote what JRM said and you are telling us all what he means, unbelievable.????????

I don't need to go to the Arctic to know it is cold so it will be his usual self-shilling arrogant eton-toff bs. Of that we can be sure. 

Edited by beautifulthailand99

8 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

At the Brexit select committee today there was a comment that the  prospect of a hard brexit isn't fully priced in. And the Telegraph is reporting that UK stocks are undervalued given historical pricing. Given that the FTSE goes up every time the pound falls a few bob on a FTSE 100 tracker fund might be a good bet. In fact I reckon a 20k punt might be worth a flutter as a sterling hedge. And once I have that sort of skin in the game I'll be at the front shouting HARDER,HARDER just lile moggie and his mates. In fact 50k might be a better bet.

go for it,FTSE hasnt done that great considering the pounds collapse.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

You can't even quote what JRM said and you are telling us all what he means, unbelievable.????????

listening to him babble on i dont think he knows what he means other than it "might" be OK or we wont know until date X,Y OR Z  The interviewer has him beat imo hence JRM has to revert to "we wont know" or "its an opportunity" and various other phrases which basically boil down to him hoping it will work out,i was expecting the piece of cake comment among all the BS but i think the most dumbest brexiteers have given up on that one

11 minutes ago, bomber said:

he is quoting 50,a possible 50 years no matter which way you see it,it could mean 49 years of poverty with the 50th year being the land of milk and honey,it could mean many other things but its 50 years no matter what,tell everybody all about it on here in years to cum,it wont bother me my life expectancy is only another 26-30 and i wont be in the UK to reap the rewards of the sovereign UK land free from its EU shackels hahahahaha

Which is exactly why he said 50 years. It gives him the wiggle room, after Brexit, to say, "Well old chap, I did say up to 50 years". Of course when it comes to the 50 year crunch, he, I and you will all be long gone. Crafty buggers these politicians - not.

3 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I doubt that very much

Not if you invest wisely - hedge , hedge , hedge.  What we do know if you are skint now you will probably be more skint after Brexit but if you have cash to invest then market volatility allows for potentially great gains. 

4 minutes ago, bomber said:

listening to him babble on i dont think he knows what he means other than it "might" be OK or we wont know until date X,Y OR Z  The interviewer has him beat imo hence JRM has to revert to "we wont know" or "its an opportunity" and various other phrases which basically boil down to him hoping it will work out,i was expecting the piece of cake comment among all the BS but i think the most dumbest brexiteers have given up on that one

Now you put it that way, You make much more sense than JRM.????????????

1 minute ago, Jip99 said:

I doubt that very much

as most expats are now £20k+ out of pocket since the vote and more to come with their no deal dream,i think they will be a few broken hearts around,   unless of coarse they are returning home to reap the rewards of the new UK,BUT me thinks many have already returned home HOME MEANS HOME ????

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Not if you invest wisely - hedge , hedge , hedge.  What we do know if you are skint now you will probably be more skint after Brexit but if you have cash to invest then market volatility allows for potentially great gains. 

The only impact has been on the amount I spend in Thailand.

I have spent more time out of Thailand and spent more money in UK and Europe.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, petemoss said:

Which is exactly why he said 50 years. It gives him the wiggle room, after Brexit, to say, "Well old chap, I did say up to 50 years". Of course when it comes to the 50 year crunch, he, I and you will all be long gone. Crafty buggers these politicians - not.

I bit like the economy figures for cars,a piece of cake to get up to 75mpg in reality 42mpg,

1 minute ago, Jip99 said:

The only impact has been on the amount I spend in Thailand.

I have spent more time out of Thailand and spent more money in UK and Europe.

as i thought brexit has stopped you choosing where you stay/travel/go on holiday,never mind ????

Just now, bomber said:

as i thought brexit has stopped you choosing where you stay/travel/go on holiday,never mind ????

Far from it...... it (+ the obvious strength of the Baht) encourages me to spend less Baht, ergo I spend more Sterling in the UK and - surprise, surprise - GBP/EUR never got close to parity so I spend time in Europe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Far from it...... it (+ the obvious strength of the Baht) encourages me to spend less Baht, ergo I spend more Sterling in the UK and - surprise, surprise - GBP/EUR never got close to parity so I spend time in Europe.

fair point but thailand is hardly the place to enjoy ones self spending less money,iam not suggesting it cannot be done,i remember the same talk when it hit 55-60,then it stated again at sub 50,and still going strong at sub 40,but 30-35 will be the killer and brexit would deliver the KO blow

Cheap food from wherever - yummy chlorinated chicken from our new best mate Donald (no more greedy British farmers gorged on EU subsidy and exploiting cheap labour holding us to ransom) - VAT potentially reduced to 0 to stop prices rising. It's going to be great will stock up on cheap EU wine before the chop comes down. Bring on the Brexit. 

25 minutes ago, vogie said:

Now you put it that way, You make much more sense than JRM.????????????

JRM you mean Mr might,maybe,could,until,hope,at least in the interview he actually tried to answer the questions put to him,he didnt to the BBC reporter when asked about his Dublin move netting him a £750k bonus, MAYBE he was HOPING the reporter COULD leave the room and MIGHT not return UNTIL another 50 YEARS ????????????

11 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Cheap food from wherever - yummy chlorinated chicken from our new best mate Donald (no more greedy British farmers gorged on EU subsidy and exploiting cheap labour holding us to ransom) - VAT potentially reduced to 0 to stop prices rising. It's going to be great will stock up on cheap EU wine before the chop comes down. Bring on the Brexit. 

Going to be some canny taxes rises coming,pleased i wont be around to contribute to them,lets have 50p on a pint for starters,only fair the spoonies crowd should pay for the mess,i'll drink to that ????

23 minutes ago, bomber said:

fair point but thailand is hardly the place to enjoy ones self spending less money,iam not suggesting it cannot be done,i remember the same talk when it hit 55-60,then it stated again at sub 50,and still going strong at sub 40,but 30-35 will be the killer and brexit would deliver the KO blow

When I bought land at GBP/THB 63 I thought I had missed the boat.

At an exchange rate of 63 I wouldn't know what to do with all the Baht........... actually, the monthly expenditure wouldn't increase that much - a few bits of capital expenditure might kick in.

2 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

When I bought land at GBP/THB 63 I thought I had missed the boat.

At an exchange rate of 63 I wouldn't know what to do with all the Baht........... actually, the monthly expenditure wouldn't increase that much - a few bits of capital expenditure might kick in.

well done - like Donald Trump I like Winners not Losers......

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

@ 63 I thought I was a loser......... still carry the scars ......... the rate had been 71 a year earlier. ????

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Trump is that that fella who has been bankrupt 3 times yet is going to help make Britain great again with a phenomenal trade deal while and grabbing the NHS and enforcing his America first policy,seems like farther xmas lets get over here ASAP,brexiteers your country needs him ???? like a hole in the head ????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1