Johnson warns EU against any 'Napoleonic' tariffs in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

4 hours ago, Loiner said:

I quoted your figure for UK kids thinking of going to Europe. Do you have an another one you’d like to use?

It is against the rules to post lies, I did not post any figure regarding "UK kids thinking of going to Europe"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Only the naive think that the vote to leaving the EU has anything to do with discrimination.

Head in the sand.

Brexiteers blame "too many foreigners" for everything, then turn round and deny it.

25 minutes ago, Dene16 said:

I referenced  your link and to be honest nothing surprised me with both universities from my city well above the 10% 

I am pleasrd that you stated most businesses above and i would agree with that statement, however, my accounts being from 2 lecturers, it was their opinion that so much money could be made from student enrolments it was all about bums on seats (as they stated)

The lobbying by universities to change the visa rules in my opinion can only be seen as an attempt to  enrol more students and hence more income. Nothing wrong with that as it still would put money into the UK economy

Out of term ( my friend has the laundry contract) these halls of residences( basically hotels now) are rented out to tourists (only started last year).

I should mention at a loss last year but only due to bad management as run by the students themselves to a large degree

MY point is/was that these universities are run totally as a business. external/overseas students may  provide a good source of income but by no means provide/support  UK places

My opinion obviously stems from the views of 2 lecturers and observations around campus whilst studying and helping my friend with his laundry contract

I would agree with what you say other than the point regarding reliance on the overseas students. You believe that the university does not need that additional income.

Fees for overseas students are unregulated so universities can effectively charge what they want so there is bound to be variation in universities across the country and consequently views will also vary.

I would suggest that the universities with a greater than 10% overseas figure would struggle to maintain standards if the additional income from these students was taken away. There is many ways a business can go downhill and sub standard service is one of them.

I entirely agree with your comment on the visa rules but the government has a diametrically opposed view to the universities, students are included in the net migration figures and the government has pledged to reduce net migration. 

17 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Head in the sand.

Brexiteers blame "too many foreigners" for everything, then turn round and deny it.

You make it sound like only Brexit supporters are disenfranchised.

The latest election results show in the last 3-5 years show EU members are as well

_106632326_eu_far_right_map_280419_640-nc.png

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

The preservation of the UK as our nation.

Well that's going well - if we leave the EU then a Scottish breakaway has never looked more certain. Anyways Andrew Neill's demolishing of Johnson's piffle was a joy to watch.  He will betray you Brexiteers like all the rest of them when he is staring down the barrel of a gun which he surely will be as his deadline approaches. And I shall finally win my 2000 baht bet with malagateddy - which I'm happy to double again if he is up for it. Malagateddy how about it ? 

9 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Well that's going well - if we leave the EU then a Scottish breakaway has never looked more certain. Anyways Andrew Neill's demolishing of Johnson's piffle was a joy to watch.  He will betray you Brexiteers like all the rest of them when he is staring down the barrel of a gun which he surely will be as his deadline approaches. And I shall finally win my 2000 baht bet with malagateddy - which I'm happy to double again if he is up for it. Malagateddy how about it ? 

If the Scots decide that they want to leave the UK then that is their right. If the Scots decide they want out of the UK but want in the EU, that is also their right. Personally, I would prefer Scotland to remain part of the UK and leave the EU, as, ultimately, I believe that the UK countries will be better off out of the EU. 

26 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

At this moment in time Scotland are not free, regardless of the numbers, and whether we are in or out of the EU, to leave the UK. This can only be done through a plebiscite which requires Westminster's approval and that is unlikely.    

On 7/9/2019 at 6:48 PM, Loiner said:

As far as many nations are concerned, place of birth does not confer their nationality. Think horses and stables.
Trying to paint Brexiteers as racist also does not cut it. You also do not even know the Brexit leanings of any of those concerned in your points. They could have easily been young middle class left wing graduate southern Remainers.
The problem of UKs overpopulation is still with us, no matter how you try to vilify those who raise the issue. Our EU membership contributes to the problem.

I have done my bit for over populated UK.

I moved to Thailand in 2001. Somebody else can take my place in the queue at the NHS and have my bus pass too.????

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Head in the sand.

Well that’s a bit rich coming from you, a Scott who has accused other Brits for everything you are against. In spite of the fact that you have spent most of your life in Sheffield.

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Head in the sand.

I think that it's your lugholes that are blocked with sand. There are always a few bigots in any group but you always generalize far too much, labeling indiscriminately in the process.

48 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Well that’s a bit rich coming from you, a Scott who has accused other Brits for everything you are against. In spite of the fact that you have spent most of your life in Sheffield.

It is called hypocrisy  -  the poster will be familiar with the term I am sure.

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

I think that it's your lugholes that are blocked with sand. There are always a few bigots in any group but you always generalize far too much, labeling indiscriminately in the process.

Mine aren't blocked with sand. I just need to look at the Tommy Islam thread and his supporters (most Brexit supporters in this thread), to know the cut of their cloth for Brexit supporters on TVF.

38 minutes ago, petemoss said:

Mine aren't blocked with sand. I just need to look at the Tommy Islam thread and his supporters (most Brexit supporters in this thread), to know the cut of their cloth for Brexit supporters on TVF.

You obviously graduated in abductive reasoning.....logic that allows for guesses.

If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic. 

2 hours ago, petemoss said:

Are you saying that you are really Sandy??

7 hours ago, billd766 said:

I have done my bit for over populated UK.

I moved to Thailand in 2001. Somebody else can take my place in the queue at the NHS and have my bus pass too.????

in my experience those queue's and no different to 2001 or 1991,and plenty of buses on the roads,too many imo,cars are the problem but iam sure they will thin out after brexit as they become to expensive for those on the dole.

On 7/14/2019 at 10:39 AM, nontabury said:

Yet you are quite happy, in The knowledge that the Children of British taxpaying citizens are discriminated against,compared with the children of citizens of the E.u. who Again may never have previously visited the U.K

nevermind never paying into the British exchequer.

there are thousands of guys who have landed on the shores of the UK with their Thai wifes and children,perhaps you can tell us what they payed into the British exchequer,i await your reply with interest

8 hours ago, bomber said:

there are thousands of guys who have landed on the shores of the UK with their Thai wifes and children,perhaps you can tell us what they payed into the British exchequer,i await your reply with interest

What does it matter? completely irrelevent

Thai wife or not they are married to a uk citizen who has paid all his life to the british exchequer

The post was in relation to Eu students in the UK versus UK students in the EU

lets face it alot of thai wives end up wishing, and do, return to thailand due to their social way of life and feel lonely and ostracised in the UK

It is well established that immigrants contribute more to an economy and take less back than long term citizens - only Nazis try to tell you otherwise as this has always been a foundation stone of the ar right....blame a recognisable minority,

Basically it appeals to those who aren't satisfied with their own lives so they want to blame others and the far right answers that need.

1 hour ago, Dene16 said:

Thai wife or not they are married to a uk citizen who has paid all his life to the british exchequer

lets face it alot of thai wives end up wishing, and do, return to thailand due to their social way of life and feel lonely and ostracised in the UK

not irrelevent at all,a very valid point imo,will be brushed under the carpet on here though,iam awaiting nontabury reply????

12 hours ago, nauseus said:

Are you saying that you are really Sandy??

No he isn't. He is not that smart.

quote from his post

"14 hours ago, petemoss said:
Mine aren't blocked with sand. I just need to look at the Tommy Islam thread and his supporters (most Brexit supporters in this thread), to know the cut of their cloth for Brexit supporters on TVF."

Once again petemoss proves his stupidity by insulting most Brexit supporters in this thread.

He has no answers, so he stays true to type and insults many of the posters on this thread.

2 hours ago, Dene16 said:

quite from bombers post.

"there are thousands of guys who have landed on the shores of the UK with their Thai wifes and children,perhaps you can tell us what they payed into the British exchequer,i await your reply with interest"

In my case I paid 44 years NI contributions and I started paying income tax from my first job in 1959 when I left school. Now 60 years later I am STILL paying income tax and I will until the day that I die.

So bomber, as they old saying goes, stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

stick that in your pipe and smoke it.jfif

2 hours ago, wilcopops said:

Basically it appeals to those who aren't satisfied with their own lives so they want to blame others and the far right answers that need.

Let him who is satisfied with his own life cast the first stone ..........

Mine was a bit of a disappointment when I lived in the UK.

10 hours ago, bomber said:

Reading that makes me think you have a thought problem, but not to worry, Portugal will take care of you....

PS..Not sure about after October 31st though....But if you stuff does go tits up the UK shores will be there for you....????

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Reading that makes me think you have a thought problem, but not to worry, Portugal will take care of you....

PS..Not sure about after October 31st though....But if you stuff does go tits up the UK shores will be there for you....????

Already done all that's needed,was a piece of cake,as I have stated already on here most people there don't expect brexit to happen and even if it did little will change,the skint expats in Thailand have much more to worry about living in a nation that detests them in general,haha

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Let him who is satisfied with his own life cast the first stone ..........

Mine was a bit of a disappointment when I lived in the UK.

Maybe you can return when it's great again after brexit,haha

2 hours ago, wilcopops said:

It is well established that immigrants contribute more to an economy and take less back than long term citizens - only Nazis try to tell you otherwise as this has always been a foundation stone of the ar right....blame a recognisable minority,

what a load of drivel, its documented that immigrants in europe are a net loss,

in my country's case costing more then both defense and health care annually

2 minutes ago, bomber said:

Already done all that's needed,was a piece of cake,as I have stated already on here most people there don't expect brexit to happen and even if it did little will change,the skint expats in Thailand have much more to worry about living in a nation that detests them in general,haha

I think you are going to have more to worry about in your second UK escape route...:whistling:

Archived