Johnson warns EU against any 'Napoleonic' tariffs in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

@ 63 I thought I was a loser......... still carry the scars ......... the rate had been 71 a year earlier. ????

dont fear all those french chateau's and german castles will some be available a rock bottom prices when the EU/Euro collapses,a geezeer down the boozer covered in unionjack tatts was telling me about 4 years ago,then some old lady threw a milkshake over him and he then hid in the toilets for a few hours ????

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, bomber said:

dont fear all those french chateau's and german castles will some be available a rock bottom prices when the EU/Euro collapses,a geezeer down the boozer covered in unionjack tatts was telling me about 4 years ago,then some old lady threw a milkshake over him and he then hid in the toilets for a few hours ????

Good point; when the EU does collapse I might buy in Spain again.

never mind its not only the expats getting hit,the hard working brits enjoying their annual hols are paying the price for the 4th summer in a row,brexit now must of cost them £1000 at the very least then add on all the govts billions in plans for something it isnt even going to do and its total farce.

Tourists facing travel money 'shock' this summer - BBC News.html

4 hours ago, bomber said:

fair point but thailand is hardly the place to enjoy ones self spending less money,iam not suggesting it cannot be done,i remember the same talk when it hit 55-60,then it stated again at sub 50,and still going strong at sub 40,but 30-35 will be the killer and brexit would deliver the KO blow

When I first visited Thailand the exchange rate was 34, and it din’t put me off moving to Thailand. Exactly the same as when the rate hit 96, that din’t encourage me to stay there. As for the future,it’s anybodies guess. Hopefully when Brexit is finally achieved, the uncertainty in the financial markets will stabilize. Unless of course the E.U. Mandarins, with the wholehearted encouragement of the remainers try to punish the British people.

1 minute ago, Thairealist said:

When I first visited Thailand the exchange rate was 34, and it din’t put me off moving to Thailand. Exactly the same as when the rate hit 96, that din’t encourage me to stay there. As for the future,it’s anybodies guess. Hopefully when Brexit is finally achieved, the uncertainty in the financial markets will stabilize. Unless of course the E.U. Mandarins, with the wholehearted encouragement of the remainers try to punish the British people.

in 86 barely anyone visited thailand and a low pound/bt rate mattered little to anyone other than the individual,brexit and the pounds loss since the vote (4 summers now) has cost millions of folks hundreds if not thousands of pounds dependent on how often they travel,again its an answer of all will stabilize once brexit is sorted,well read the experts prediction of a no deal and stable is not going to be the outcome,but you folks will come back with the usual "give it another 3-6 months and all will be fine" after 3 years plus its wearing a bit thin,btw its nothing to do with the EU 

3 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Good point; when the EU does collapse I might buy in Spain again.

when is that going to be,some on here were saying 3 years only 2 years ago,12 months it is then ????

47 minutes ago, bomber said:

when is that going to be,some on here were saying 3 years only 2 years ago,12 months it is then ????

I have ave no control over timing; I shall just react when it does happen.

Of course only immigrants can be a drain on the country's resources, UK born and bred benefit scroungers that have never worked in their life are only exercising their democratic right.
I should have realised that the scroungers that used to live next door in the UK were nothing more than propagandists waving the flag of project fear, foisted on me by the council elites in a brain washing exercise.

Not overly interested in native scroungers until the immigrant problem has been solved. After those excuses have gone, there’s more work for even the workshy. First things first.

Your scrounger neighbours are there asa result of the council and elites working together. Local authorities and public sector are the training grounds of the political elites. Have you noticed how many immigrants and their offspring have almost got a grip of those organisations?
If they hadn’t done such a good job of brainwashing you, moving house might be a good idea. Unless you like scroungers of course.

13 hours ago, bomber said:

no nerve touched,iam retiring in 8-10 weeks at 51,and you

I am 52, never want to retire, love what I am doing and believe that having a purpose and giving back to society is part of us (Maslow's Hierarchy). You sound like your bragging. Be careful the stats show those that retire early doesn't always work out for everyone.

You could end up a bitter and twisted person, spending your days ranting on internet forums.....

2 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I am 52, never want to retire, love what I am doing and believe that having a purpose and giving back to society is part of us (Maslow's Hierarchy). You sound like your bragging. Be careful the stats show those that retire early doesn't always work out for everyone.

You could end up a bitter and twisted person, spending your days ranting on internet forums.....

good for you,but i planned for my retirement at 19/20 year old for when i was 50-55,been as good as semi retired for a few years anyway,dont req anymore money,iam stating a fact and not bragging,folks on here quick to jump on the bragging bandwagon while saying losing 20% of their income doesnt matter,now i would call that either barmy or a form of bragging,anyway back on topic about to watch TV show on Boris,the last one was a good laff,what a goon the man is.

14 minutes ago, bomber said:

good for you,but i planned for my retirement at 19/20 year old for when i was 50-55,been as good as semi retired for a few years anyway,dont req anymore money,iam stating a fact and not bragging,folks on here quick to jump on the bragging bandwagon while saying losing 20% of their income doesnt matter,now i would call that either barmy or a form of bragging,anyway back on topic about to watch TV show on Boris,the last one was a good laff,what a goon the man is.

Thanks for the clarification of not bragging. Money isn't everything to everyone, so losing 20% maybe nothing to some.

As for Boris, get ready to start calling him Prime Minister. I know you will love that.

More anti Boris from the media, trying to find anything to discredit him. Something he said as a student, journalist. They are embarrassing themselves.

2 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Thanks for the clarification of not bragging. Money isn't everything to everyone, so losing 20% maybe nothing to some.

As for Boris, get ready to start calling him Prime Minister. I know you will love that.

More anti Boris from the media, trying to find anything to discredit him. Something he said as a student, journalist. They are embarrassing themselves.

maybe his <deleted> bizzness outbursts come i bit later in the show when he's a lot older,i await with interest

4 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Think he has already reached that stage....:crazy:

6 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Could end up? ????

16 hours ago, petemoss said:

Your whole post is bluster and conjecture. EU a doomed project? You wish, it's still expanding.

Your thoughts on sterling's drop in value is just that, your thoughts. There is ample evidence that a large part of the fall is due to Brexit. The THB-GBP analysis is not bogus as proved by me in previous posts. It's a combination of the strong Baht and a lack in confidence in the £ due to Brexit. Overdue depreciation? Zero evidence of that, again your conjecture.

"After a few months of leaving we could be in a position far better than you imagine" Could, but by the judgement of the majority of economists, who know far more than I or you, almost certain to crash and burn with a resultant loss of a great many jobs. 

"After a few years I'm willing to BET that we will be however" A few years? In line with WRM's 50 years maybe, on that you could be right.

"and that the EU will be on the verge of collapse from within - ok that's also a hope tbf." Again zero evidence of this and why would you hope? Sour grapes?

Thanks for your post of bluster and conjecture with zero facts. After due consideration, I've given it the delete button which is no more than it deserves.

Thank you so much for your critique. You're not in a position to delete anything however, other than from your memory. Who/what do you think you are exactly? Judge Judy!? ????

The EU is a feckless, ultra bureaucratic federalist institution that has the potential to become something very sinister indeed, it's a sorry state for the wonderful continent of Europe to find itself in and if you knew anything much about it's history or the recent history of Europe you'd surely agree at some level at least.

It is however, IMO an organisation that I'd wager will not exist in its currenct form for long. Keep dreaming if you think it's in fine shape with a healthy currency, economy, market place and a population of happy constituents! The most stagnant market in the world with pan-continental civil unrest, migrant crises, growing political instability, reduction in 'soft power' and influence, massive rates of unemployment across many constituent states (up to 55% in Southern Europe), high rates of inflation, terrible fiscal policy and mind-boggling debt - and - the shit has yet to really hit the fan either. Just wait till Italy defaults! Then things get will get very interesting.

You clearly know nothing about the GBP's recent history, its value correlation to the housing / asset bubble in the UK or that it is due to depreciate as is much of the western world's currencies (and in fact are doing so right now across the board). What should have been dealt  with many years ago has been allowed to fester and the same mistakes have been repeated, this is the source of the inherrent debt, inflation and depreciation cycles of our fiat currencies worldwide. Brexit is but a footnote, making things worse undoubtedly, but is far from the being the catalyst, it's a scapegoat as per usual. There is, believe me, plenty more evidence I have previosuly cited before on this and another much longer (& now closed) thread, that refute your claims, but I'm not about to regurgitate that information for you here, you wouldn't listen anyway, so what would be the point? Would simply be a waste of my time.

The most stagnant market in the world with pan-continental civil unrest, migrant crises, growing political instability, reduction in 'soft power' and influence, massive rates of unemployment across many constituent states (up to 55% in Southern Europe), high rates of inflation, terrible fiscal policy and mind-boggling debt

Another post full of false information. “up to 55% [unemployment] in Southern Europe” says it all.

Mind-boggling debt? Japan, Singapore, the US, even the UK all have higher debt ratios than the EU. 

Inflation? The US, Canada, China, and the UK top the list. The EUR is the second largest reserve currency as well as the second most traded currency in the world after the USD. All rating agencies give the EU a top rating (triple A). 

Civil unrest? Maybe visit some countries with civil unrest rather than celebrating some yellow-vest protesters, then you’d know what you’re talking about. 

Reading Daily Mirror too much? 

53 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Another post full of false information. “up to 55% [unemployment] in Southern Europe” says it all.

Mind-boggling debt? Japan, Singapore, the US, even the UK all have higher debt ratios than the EU. 

Inflation? The US, Canada, China, and the UK top the list. 

Civil unrest? Maybe visit some countries with civil unrest rather than celebrating some yellow-vest protesters, then you’d know what you’re talking about. 

Yet more depserate attempts to deflect and defend your precious EU and its precious, federalist dream - is it worth defending in spite of its own people?

Please do wake up and smell the coffee, you can only fix a problem once you acknoweldge it after all.

1) Sovereign debt / National debt

• Japan (National Debt: ¥1,028 trillion ($9.087 trillion USD))
  • Greece (National Debt: €332.6 billion ($379 billion US))
  • Portugal (National Debt: €232 billion ($264 billion US))
  • Italy (National Debt: €2.17 trillion ($2.48 trillion US))

not to mention the HUGE tidal wave of colateralised debt obligatons (CDOs) that are ubiquitous within the EUSSR and the market manipulation and subsequent death throws of institutions like Deusche Bank and its collusion with the ECB.

2) Inflation across the EU has not been uniform, of course, in Greece (debt colony) there were runs on banks and capital controls imposed, sending inflation very high just a few years back - all conveniently forgotten by the Europhiles. Netherlands, Germany and Poland are running at or around 2.5% of GDP - the UK is too. The US/China are running at around the same or lower levels, China at 2.7% and US at 1.6%.  

3) Youth Unemployment was running at 53% between 2010 - 2014 in Spain and Greece, with Portugal not far behind them and Italy not far behind it. It is now at 40% in Greece, 33% in Italy and Spain and 21% in France! With overall unemployment in southern European nations at between 9% (France) and 19% (Greece) with Italy and Spain representing the median. Excellent figures eh!? ????

4) Civil unrest is civil unrest - an untold number of migrants have flooded into the continent, with the most scandalously inept and obfuscatory policies on checks and registrations enabling and sustaining the crisis. Wage compression, social breakdown, sectarian violence and many thousands of assaults, mass rapes in 2015/16 with the issue continuing across European nations. For the first time in its history we see the restriction of centuries old European customs and women unable to walk freely in once safe places - in large part due to the influx of those from conservative/hardlinde muslim cultures (as much of this as possible brushed under the carpet and unreported) - but please go ahead and try to tell me this is all hot air, consisting of manipulated figures and invented stories. Such things are easy to dismiss as hyperbole, that is until you or a loved one feels the full force of said issues. Lastly, you have no idea where I have and haven't been in this world and what I have and haven't seen, despite your (typical) assumption, I have visted a few countries with crushing poverty, disease epidemics and other devastating societal issues in Asia, and have seen civil unrest in my own country - have you? Surely the point is that this is Europe I'm discussing here so 'civil unrest' and the other aforementioned maladies are all relative no? Europe - not the 3rd world! Although if things continue unabated there might be little difference between the two in decades to come, but hey, that's beside the point, the EU marches on - that's all that matters, right?

55 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Inflation? The US, Canada, China, and the UK top the list. The EUR is the second largest reserve currency as well as the second most traded currency in the world after the USD. All rating agencies give the EU a top rating (triple A). 

You can't accuse people of false information when you post rubbish like this.

If you want to see some inflation then go to Venezuela or Zimbabwe!

Japan has the highest debt ratio but Greece, Italy, Portugal, Belgium, Cyprus, France and Spain are all higher than the UK, which is just above the EU average. 

45 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Japan has the highest debt ratio but Greece, Italy, Portugal, Belgium, Cyprus, France and Spain are all higher than the UK, which is just above the EU average. 

1 hour ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

1) Sovereign debt / National debt

Debt-to-GDP ratio: http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/countries-by-national-debt/

Japan: more than 200%

US: more than 100%

UK: c. 85%

EU: c. 80%

•  

2) Inflation across the EU has not been uniform, of course, in Greece (debt colony) there were runs on banks and capital controls imposed, sending inflation very high just a few years back - all conveniently forgotten by the Europhiles.

We are talking about the EU economy, not Greece. Please edit your original post to say that Greece’s economy sucks and I won’t disagree. 

Netherlands, Germany and Poland are running at or around 2.5% of GDP - the UK is too. The US/China are running at around the same or lower levels, China at 2.7% and US at 1.6%.  

Average inflation rates: https://www.inflation.eu/inflation-rates/cpi-inflation-2018.aspx

US: 2.4%

Great Britain: 2.3%

Germany, Netherlands: 1.7%

Youth Unemployment was running at 53% between 2010 - 2014 in Spain and Greece, with Portugal not far behind them and Italy not far behind it. It is now at 40% in Greece, 33% in Italy and Spain and 21% in France! With overall unemployment in southern European nations at between 9% (France) and 19% (Greece) with Italy and Spain representing the median. Excellent figures eh!? ????

You didn’t say Greece’s youth unemployment. You talked about EU unemployment rates. 

EU unemployment: https://www.statista.com/statistics/268830/unemployment-rate-in-eu-countries/

Greece: 18.5%

EU: 6.5%

Wage compression, social breakdown, sectarian violence and many thousands of assaults, mass rapes in 2015/16 with the issue continuing across European nations. For the first time in its history we see the restriction of centuries old European customs and women unable to walk freely in once safe places

Utter nonsense. Far-right fanatics posting single instances of crime (or, even worse, taking footage from other countries claiming it happened in Europe) while crime statistics clearly shows that percentages haven’t gone up significantly. Just like claiming the EU’s economy is bad when all you can come up with is Greece. 

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Debt-to-GDP ratio: http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/countries-by-national-debt/

We are talking about the EU economy, not Greece. Please edit your original post to say that Greece’s economy sucks and I won’t disagree. 

Average inflation rates: https://www.inflation.eu/inflation-rates/cpi-inflation-2018.aspx

You didn’t say Greece’s youth unemployment. You talked about EU unemployment rates. 

EU unemployment: https://www.statista.com/statistics/268830/unemployment-rate-in-eu-countries/

Utter nonsense. Far-right fanatics posting single instances of crime (or, even worse, taking footage from other countries claiming it happened in Europe) while crime statistics clearly shows that percentages haven’t gone up significantly. Just like claiming the EU’s economy is bad when all you can come up with is Greece. 

The depths of your delusion beggars belief. It must be wonderful to view the EU through such rose tinted glasses, but in the long run it'll only hurt more when you're forced to wake up to some irrefutable facts / situations. I would have imagined most would be at that point already, but sadly, no. The 'normality bias' has a strong grip over many more luckily comfortable people's understanding of the world.

I strongly recommend you do some research into the areas I have mentioned. Social transgressions etc. - oft cited independent and government agencies ACROSS Europe have (for many years) substantiated many 1000s of claimed cases, at this point. Much of it is not reported by the newsmedia and much of it is not dealt with by the authorities - OF COURSE, reading a wide enough spread of different independent (and credible) intellectuals/journalists gives you a better idea of what is really happening and why. I would suggest you start with Douglas Murray, a real voice in the wilderness when it comes to these topics - a very brave and very credible guy. I wonder - do you believe what happened across Germany on NYE 15/16' was all 'far right propaganda'? Or the crime stats in Scandinavia or Netherlands for example? To say nothing of the Rotheram scandal in the UK - among others. What would it take for you to believe such atrocities have occured and continue to across our beautiful continent? To speak to the victims perhaps? Or witness something for yourself maybe? Would you still be as arrogantly dismissive then? I certainly hope not, but I have to wonder - judging from prior form.

Netherlands, Germany and Poland are running at or around 2.5% of GDP - the UK is too. The US/China are running at around the same or lower levels, China at 2.7% and US at 1.6%.  - I stand by all these stats, they're all from reputable sources and from second quarter of 2019. Nothing in comparison to Arg, Ven or Zimbabwe as Nauseus says, but again, it is relative. 

Overall unemployment and particularly youth unemployment has been and remains staggeringly high across southern Europe (which is what I said in my OP) particularly Greece, Portugal, Spain, Cyprus, Italy and parts of France. There has always been a north south divide in terms of prosperity within the EU for many years, we all know who has done better and who was always going to.

Just like claiming the EU’s economy is bad when all you can come up with is Greece

Again - remove your blinkers pal. Are Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Cyprus, France NOT all integral parts of the EU? You seem to have this very warped (but unsurprising) view that the EU is a single state and not the sum of it's parts. Italy is it's 4th largest economy and 3rd largest NET contributor and look at the state it's in, ready to default on its loans from the ECB, with CDOs up the wazoo ready to exacerbate a massive mess - and now being forced into budgetry/fiscal catastrophe at the hands of the euro and some very irresponsible politicians. With it looking set to become the second state to secede, especially if Savini has his way.

'In 1987 its GDP even briefly overtook the UK’s. It subsequently dropped down the international league tables so that by the time the euro was formed in 1999 it was already a weak performer. But the euro has made matters worse. Since its formation, Italy's economy has grown by only a woeful 9% and has been subject to continued economic plundering' - J.Bootle

Spain is the 5th largest economy within the union and it has suffered massive economic/social issues - with levels of youth unemployment still to this day running at 33%.

-- 

'It must be hard for those who have accepted authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority'. 

Six of 10 countries with highest debt-GDP are in the EU.

I told you where the highest inflation is already. 

Single instances of crime? Crime statistics not up? Do you live in Monaco?

You really are so far out of touch. 

13 hours ago, Loiner said:

Not overly interested in native scroungers until the immigrant problem has been solved. After those excuses have gone, there’s more work for even the workshy. First things first.

Your scrounger neighbours are there asa result of the council and elites working together. Local authorities and public sector are the training grounds of the political elites. Have you noticed how many immigrants and their offspring have almost got a grip of those organisations?
If they hadn’t done such a good job of brainwashing you, moving house might be a good idea. Unless you like scroungers of course.

Post 1236

24 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Six of 10 countries with highest debt-GDP are in the EU.

I told you where the highest inflation is already. 

Single instances of crime? Crime statistics not up? Do you live in Monaco?

You really are so far out of touch. 

Steady on dear boy...….this is one of the worst cases of Post Traumatic Remainer Disorder I have ever seen.

19 hours ago, petemoss said:

Which is exactly why he said 50 years. It gives him the wiggle room, after Brexit, to say, "Well old chap, I did say up to 50 years". Of course when it comes to the 50 year crunch, he, I and you will all be long gone. Crafty buggers these politicians - not.

Quite.

The problems of today were born 50 - 60 years ago. Incompetent decisions by successive governments kicked the UK aviation industry into the long grass in favour of foreign made aircraft and opening a significant part of national security to interference by a foreign country.

Bad management by UK government led to the demise of the UK car industry as such making the sector beholden to foreign manufacturers. The Eddie Shah dispute created a significant impediment to modern technology leaving the UK permanently trying to catch up.

Brexit has given birth to the problems of tomorrow.

The brexiteers are so desperate to get into bed with the US that there is every chance that in 10 years they will be eating turkey in November.

The union is dead, long live the union.

Archived