Johnson warns EU against any 'Napoleonic' tariffs in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

5 hours ago, transam said:

So why if the EU in your opinion is so perfect did the UK voted to leave perfection...?

brainwashed bulldogs believing bullshit,not laffing now are they,btw we wont be leaving,if we do it wont affect me i wont be in the UK,and btw i didnt even vote,enjoy your 30bt pound up in issan hahahahhaha

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, aright said:

Who said the EU is “so perfect”?

Let's say it must be more perfect then the UK otherwise you would not opt to stay.

Leavers have given their reasons for leaving ad nauseum on this forum but since you admit the Union is not perfect and presumably feel we should stay and try to reform from within, this is a question I asked on another posting.

"After almost 50 years of failure to reform, were we to stay, what would you recommend British MEP's (10% of the EU Parliament) do and what would you prioritise and how long would you give them to change?" 

I did not get one answer to this question (I will leave you to guess why) but, you, having agreed tacitly the EU is not without it's problems I am sure you will be very forthcoming in your reply to it.

Please don't disappoint.

80% of UK MPs want in,that will win the day,

12 minutes ago, bomber said:

80% of UK MPs want in,that will win the day,

You didn't answer the question then, and you're not answering now, just giving glib out of question comments. Just to remind you and all Remainers

"After almost 50 years of failure to reform, were we to stay, what would you recommend British MEP's (10% of the EU Parliament) do and what would you prioritise and how long would you give them to change?" 

We all look forward to your answers

16 minutes ago, aright said:

Who said the EU is “so perfect”?

Let's say it must be more perfect then the UK otherwise you would not opt to stay.

1) How can something be “more perfect”?

2) Even assuming you meant “better” instead, the statement doesn’t make sense. 

Leavers have given their reasons for leaving ad nauseum on this forum but since you admit the Union is not perfect and presumably feel we should stay and try to reform from within, this is a question I asked on another posting.

I don’t feel you “should stay and try to reform from within”. 

See here: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/ALL/?uri=CELEX:32005Q0684

8 minutes ago, aright said:

You didn't answer the question then, and you're not answering now, just giving glib out of question comments. Just to remind you and all Remainers

50 years of failure in your eyes,it never effected me in 50 years or any of my family or friends,bulldogs down the boozer feel differently,let them keep imagining it

24 minutes ago, bomber said:

brainwashed bulldogs believing bullshit,not laffing now are they,btw we wont be leaving,if we do it wont affect me i wont be in the UK,and btw i didnt even vote,enjoy your 30bt pound up in issan hahahahhaha

At least they ain't Poodles eh...Poodles move to the EU...????

36 minutes ago, bomber said:

What an angry little man you apear to be. ????  As ever with regard to Brexit, I hear bitterness and sour grapes coming from a sore loser behind those haughty protestations of 'I don't really care', 'your funeral', 'won't affect me' etc. etc.

If none of it matters to or affects you why do you keep unleashing such bile on this forum? Casually labeling people you know close to nothing about with a myriad of different slurs. Calm down eh! Make some sound arguments to support any points you might try to make or... perhaps, keep shtum!?

15 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

1) How can something be “more perfect”?

2) Even assuming you meant “better” instead, the statement doesn’t make sense. 

I don’t feel you “should stay and try to reform from within”. 

See here: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/ALL/?uri=CELEX:32005Q0684

More glib pedantic answers then. We Leavers would prefer to know what you do feel not what you don't and no answer to the question beyond a non related, obfuscating, obscure EU document.

Since you don't feel we should stay and reform from within you must feel the EU is ideal. Is that fair? If so and you are not prepared to give your reasons for this then I can't see we have anything further to discuss.

11 minutes ago, bomber said:

50 years of failure in your eyes,it never effected me in 50 years or any of my family or friends,bulldogs down the boozer feel differently,let them keep imagining it

I didn't say "failure" I said "failure to reform"...…..a world of difference  

11 minutes ago, aright said:

More glib pedantic answers then. We Leavers would prefer to know what you do feel not what you don't

I feel hungry and asked my secretary to get me some sushi. Any other feelings I should tell you leavers?

and no answer to the question beyond a non related, obfuscating, obscure EU document.

You asked what British MEPs are supposed to do in the European Parliament. I provided you an official document specifying exactly that, which is the same for all MEPs. What more do you need? 

Since you don't feel we should stay and reform from within you must feel the EU is ideal. Is that fair? If so and you are not prepared to give your reasons for this then I can't see we have anything further to discuss.

Again, you’re lacking logic. No, when someone doesn’t feel the UK should stay, this doesn’t mean that person feels the EU is ideal. 

6 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I feel hungry and asked my secretary to get me some sushi. Any other feelings I should tell you leavers?

You asked what British MEPs are supposed to do in the European Parliament. I provided you an official document specifying exactly that, which is the same for all MEPs. What more do you need? 

Again, you’re lacking logic. No, when someone doesn’t feel the UK should stay, this doesn’t mean that person feels the EU is ideal. 

Strange that on a forum designed for debate you want to play "one way traffic" Happy to prod but not to be prodded

My question was what can MEP's do to change it. Finally you agree theirs nothing MEP's can do within their remit to effect reform. You only have to look at voting patterns to see what a success they have been. One of my reasons for leaving. What are your reasons for staying?

You now seem to be saying the EU is not ideal but don't feel a need to explain your reasons.

I can see no further value in this conversation

1 hour ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

I hear bitterness and sour grapes coming from a sore loser

Sore loser? How so? Did we leave the EU on either of the final deadlines when we absolutely must leave? Or are we still full members of the EU? Is our only realistic hope of leaving not down to one choice, a no deal Brexit? What happened to the Brexiteers promise of leaving with a deal that will be preferential to the UK, rather than leaving on a "warts and all" (Brexiteers words, not mine) no deal Brexit, which any sane person can see will be a disaster for the UK economy and jobs, to say nothing of seriously endangering the Good Friday agreement? Sounds like the brexiteers are the losers, their hopes and dreams of those promised pink unicorns gone up in smoke.

And what has Brexit given us so far? A massive bill and Boris bloody Johnson as PM. If you think May was bad you ain't seen nothing yet. He's already revealed his plan to get rid of the backstop, remain in the customs union and single market until such time we are ready to leave, i.e. indefinitely. Genius! A Brexit in name only, the Brexiteers worst nightmare. 

As the clock ticks more and more people are leaning to a confirmatory vote (2nd referendum). If that were to come about there would be only 2 choices to put to the electorate. As all deals with the EU are effectively dead, the choice would be "leave with no deal" or "remain". The polls already show that a no deal Brexit is massively unpopular with both Parliament and the electorate, so remain it is. Who did you say the loser was?

If we did leave with no deal, it wouldn't just be the Brexiteers that were losers, virtually every British citizen would be a loser, Brexiteers and remainers alike.

12 minutes ago, aright said:

My question was what can MEP's do to change it. Finally you agree theirs nothing MEP's can do within their remit to effect reform.

No, I didn’t agree to that. In fact, I posted an official document what MEPs’ role is and asked you what more you expect. 

12 minutes ago, aright said:

You only have to look at voting patterns to see what a success they have been. One of my reasons for leaving. What are your reasons for staying?

It’s economically and politically superior to being a single country outside the EU. (Cherry on top: you don’t risk being the laughing stock of Europe.)

22 hours ago, aright said:

There are many things you miss. I was just giving the voting stats at the last election as an analogy to your misconception that Leavers are the only Europeans that are discontented and blaming. 

If I wanted to be pedantic I could ask why you made the statement you made in a post, not about Leavers or the referendum but about Boris Johnson and tariffs...…….but I won't bother.

Let me get this straight, discontented Europeans had something to do with the referendum and the referendum has no relationship to Boris Johnson or his policies.

OK, Whatever floats your boat.

1 hour ago, petemoss said:

Sore loser? How so? Did we leave the EU on either of the final deadlines when we absolutely must leave? Or are we still full members of the EU? Is our only realistic hope of leaving not down to one choice, a no deal Brexit? What happened to the Brexiteers promise of leaving with a deal that will be preferential to the UK, rather than leaving on a "warts and all" (Brexiteers words, not mine) no deal Brexit, which any sane person can see will be a disaster for the UK economy and jobs, to say nothing of seriously endangering the Good Friday agreement? Sounds like the brexiteers are the losers, their hopes and dreams of those promised pink unicorns gone up in smoke.

And what has Brexit given us so far? A massive bill and Boris bloody Johnson as PM. If you think May was bad you ain't seen nothing yet. He's already revealed his plan to get rid of the backstop, remain in the customs union and single market until such time we are ready to leave, i.e. indefinitely. Genius! A Brexit in name only, the Brexiteers worst nightmare. 

As the clock ticks more and more people are leaning to a confirmatory vote (2nd referendum). If that were to come about there would be only 2 choices to put to the electorate. As all deals with the EU are effectively dead, the choice would be "leave with no deal" or "remain". The polls already show that a no deal Brexit is massively unpopular with both Parliament and the electorate, so remain it is. Who did you say the loser was?

If we did leave with no deal, it wouldn't just be the Brexiteers that were losers, virtually every British citizen would be a loser, Brexiteers and remainers alike.

Most of this is, naturally enough, bluster, conjecture, obtuse predictions of the future and projection of your own wishes. The very manner in which you try to repudiate me , to me, highlights your petulence and my sentiments perfectly.

I do agree that the whole debacle has been shambolic (unnecessarily so of course), and I'm still unsure as to whether it'll end as planned / promised. I don't particularly want to see Boris Johnson as PM for very long (if at all), but the only thing that matters is that we actually do leave as per the wishes of the majority. If he is the only one ABLE to carry this out at this point, then so be it. Once out we need to get our own house in order, and drain the swamp that has become British politics, pronto.

'no deal Brexit is massively unpopular with both Parliament and the electorate' - says you, based on what? Which polls are you reading and how far into the sand are they buried exactly? Forget the majority of twonks in parliament, treacherous pocket-lining <deleted> that they are, the electorate are who count.

Didn't you see the European election results just last month? Besides this result which confirmed public opinion - a voting majority FOR Brexit (and by this point knowing No Deal is the best and simplest way of obtaining it). In other gallop polls that I have seen of late the public opinion is still very split but again the majority remain as one for leaving - not leaving with a deal, or being kind of in kind of out, or in the CU/or with a backstop (an invented issue as anyone with a mind of their own understands) - but simply leaving, as was written on the ballot paper, as promised by government.

Having a 'confirmatory vote' on the result of the first referendum regarding something that has yet to even bloody happen would be the ultimate disrespect foisted on the public by a spineless contingent of self-serving elites. The UK public would be rightly incensed - they're already dangerously agitated and exhausted by all of this chicanery, so for that reason I don't think it'll happen - too many heads would roll politically if it did. But we shall see.

The point is this - those on the remain side lost a fair, democratic plebiscite -simple as that- if the result REALLY is frustrated then you will have the last laugh, but if you prize that laugh above the cost of the democracy and credibility of our nation, then you should feel thoroughly ashamed. No doubt you don't see that way and I'm sure you and a worrying number of others wouldn't feel ashamed in such circumstances, and that's a great sadness.

1 hour ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

What an angry little man you apear to be. ????  As ever with regard to Brexit, I hear bitterness and sour grapes coming from a sore loser behind those haughty protestations of 'I don't really care', 'your funeral', 'won't affect me' etc. etc.

If none of it matters to or affects you why do you keep unleashing such bile on this forum? Casually labeling people you know close to nothing about with a myriad of different slurs. Calm down eh! Make some sound arguments to support any points you might try to make or... perhaps, keep shtum!?

I didn't even vote and your correct brexit won't effect me,but I still like to have my say,same same the bulldogs up in issan.

20 hours ago, Loiner said:

Not established at all, and completely untrue. Immigrants are a total drain on our country both economically and societally.
What you believe is the propaganda foisted on us by the ruling elites. It started with ‘let’s all play nicely children’ from 1980s lady junior teachers. It’s all been replicated for Brexit and Project Fear which the same types of people all lap up.

Of course only immigrants can be a drain on the country's resources, UK born and bred benefit scroungers that have never worked in their life are only exercising their democratic right.

I should have realised that the scroungers that used to live next door in the UK were nothing more than propagandists waving the flag of project fear, foisted on me by the council elites in a brain washing exercise.

1 minute ago, bomber said:

I didn't even vote and your correct brexit won't effect me,but I still like to have my say,same same the bulldogs up in issan.

You're very much entitled to your say. All I am suggesting is that it carry some value in terms of adding to this debate, not simply be sweeping assumptions and casual slandering of persons unknown. ???? 

35 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Let me get this straight, discontented Europeans had something to do with the referendum and the referendum has no relationship to Boris Johnson or his policies.

"discontented Europeans had something to do with the referendum and the referendum has no relationship to Boris Johnson or his policies."

If I said that I apologise.

In what post did I say that?

1 hour ago, aright said:

I didn't say "failure" I said "failure to reform"...…..a world of difference  

What exactly do you want reforming? BJ and farage and JRM and Tommy would have 4 different versions of brexit/reform,that's why it was always doomed,farage to be fair has at least formed a party to get whatever his version is,he knows it's not happening,more or less said so on TV last night,pity a few more on here weren't listening to the Messiahs words.

2 hours ago, aright said:

Never mind as JRM has stated the UK may need 50 years after brexit to reform to being better off,don't forget to let us know if it All went to plan

46 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Where did I say that?

1 minute ago, bomber said:

Never mind as JRM has stated the UK may need 50 years after brexit to reform to being better off,don't forget to let us know if it All went to plan

You are misquoting J R Mogg, why don't you find out what he actually said.

Archived