Germany's Merkel seen shaking for second time this month

snoop1130

Germany's Merkel seen shaking for second time this month

Screenshot 2019-06-27 at 7.37.46 PM.png

BERLIN (Reuters) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel was seen shaking as she met President Frank-Walter Steinmeier on Thursday, her second such bout within two weeks, but her spokesman said she was fine.

Merkel, 64, has no history of serious health issues. She was attending a farewell ceremony for Justice Minister Katarina Barley, who is leaving to become a lawmaker in the European Parliament.

Berlin is in the throes of a heatwave. As she shook, Merkel crossed her arms as if to brace herself. She was offered a glass of water but declined to drink it while Steinmeier spoke.

On June 18, Merkel was also seen shaking when she met visiting Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy but later said she felt better after drinking some water.

Asked if the chancellor would take part in this weekend’s G20 meeting in Japan, the spokesman said: “Everything is taking place as planned. The chancellor is well.”

After the ceremony with Steinmeier, Merkel went on to the Bundestag lower house of parliament for the swearing-in of the new justice minister. She showed no signs of shaking and looked relaxed, chatting and laughing with Vice Chancellor Olaf Scholz.

Merkel is renowned for her work ethic and has a reputation for outlasting other leaders at European Union summits with her ability to focus on the details of complex discussions deep into the night.

In the past, she has joked that she is a “sleep camel” who can go days with just a few hours of sleep as long as she gets a full night of shut-eye at the weekend.

Merkel has loomed large on the European stage since 2005, helping guide the EU through the euro zone crisis and opening Germany’s doors to migrants fleeing war in the Middle East in 2015 - a move that still divides the bloc and Germany.

The chancellor faces a grueling schedule in the coming days.

Later on Thursday, she flies to Japan for the G20 meeting before heading to Brussels for an EU summit on Sunday at which she will play a key role in trying to seal a deal on the distribution of the bloc’s top jobs for the next five years.

Merkel appeared her usual self when she fielded questions from lawmakers during an hour-long session in parliament on Wednesday, shortly after which she gave a speech at the Humboldt University of Berlin.

Merkel began a stage-managed gradual exit from politics in October, when she said her fourth term as chancellor would be her last and that she would not seek re-election in 2021, when the next federal election is due.

In December, Merkel handed over the chair of her Christian Democratic Union (CDU) to her protege Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer, though her unconvincing start in the role has set back the party’s plans for a smooth leadership transition.

When Merkel came into office in 2005, George W. Bush was U.S. president, Jacques Chirac was in the Elysee Palace in Paris and Tony Blair was British prime minister.

reuters_logo.jpg

I suspect it is a sign of a more significant physical problem, but that's just a guess.   I think it's more than just dehydration.   

I hope she gets the situation under control.   

The arrogance of this woman amazes me. 

I think it's obvious she's sick. Last time it was dehydration, this time she refused water - because she couldn't publicly be seen taking her medication. 

The arrogance comes with her knee-jerk reaction to lie to the people just to hold on to power. 

18 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

The arrogance of this woman amazes me. 

I think it's obvious she's sick. Last time it was dehydration, this time she refused water - because she couldn't publicly be seen taking her medication. 

The arrogance comes with her knee-jerk reaction to lie to the people just to hold on to power. 

Exactly. Note just how smoothly and effortlessly she lied about the first time being just dehydration. She really does think the public are morons, and that she can say any old claptrap and thanks to German censorship and media hobbling, the public will just gobble it up.

So faced with lies from Merkel I wonder what really is the problem? Let's face it shaking can be caused from a wide range of ailments from tiredness(unlikely) to demonic possession(possible). Hoping for some honesty and clarity with this situation.

3 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

Another non event. I've seen many girls having the shakes for a minute or so, after a mind blowing orgasm.

It doesn’t bother you watching your girl with another man?

3 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

Another non event. I've seen many girls having the shakes for a minute or so, after a mind blowing orgasm.

Not funny, Merkel has got a problem as already suggested maybe Parkinsons.

30 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

Ate you volunteering?   Lol.  I hope she is ok we need leaders like her

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

I hope she is ok we need leaders like her

Indeed, but now she's reached her "use by date". And I envy German's for the succession of great leaders they've had over the last 60 years. While the French....

Actually she was shaking at the thought of Britain leaving the EU and not contributing any more cash to prop them up ,now her people will have to stump all the money up alone ,oh sorry France will give some as well (but then get it all back in subsadies)????

1 hour ago, KiChakayan said:

Indeed, but now she's reached her "use by date". And I envy German's for the succession of great leaders they've had over the last 60 years. While the French....

She's hooked on power. I mean - she's already resigned officially but she's still hanging on because she isn't happy with the choice of successors.

Very democratic...

2 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Exactly. Note just how smoothly and effortlessly she lied about the first time being just dehydration. She really does think the public are morons, and that she can say any old claptrap and thanks to German censorship and media hobbling, the public will just gobble it up.

So faced with lies from Merkel I wonder what really is the problem? Let's face it shaking can be caused from a wide range of ailments from tiredness(unlikely) to demonic possession(possible). Hoping for some honesty and clarity with this situation.

Why is it any of your business? Are your medical conditions widely published for all to consume?

"Note just how smoothly and effortlessly she lied.... She really does think the public are morons, and that she can say any old claptrap..."

Quite amusing, coming from an ardent Trump supporter.

7 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Is he the head of a country?

Being the head of a country means that each and every individual should have access to what would otherwise be private, personal information? Is Topdeadsenter better placed than the German government's medical staff to diagnose whatever ails Merkel, and propose a course of treatment, or his interest simply maliciously puerile?

Merkel does not always lie.

In 2010 she declared that multiculturalism in Germany has been not just a failure but an utter failure. Then again in 2015 she said it was a 'sham'.

Angela Merkel: German multiculturalism has 'utterly failed'. 

Angela Merkel: German Chancellor says multiculturalism is a sham

2 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Merkel does not always lie.

In 2010 she declared that multiculturalism in Germany has been not just a failure but an utter failure. Then again in 2015 she said it was a 'sham'.

Angela Merkel: German multiculturalism has 'utterly failed'. 

Angela Merkel: German Chancellor says multiculturalism is a sham

She no longer says it these days. There now 3 million of 'em in the Fatherland. That's a lot of votes!

3 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

You get constant lies and claptrap from Trump yet you worship him , you seem very confused !

Archived