Harris goes after Biden on race in U.S. presidential debate

rooster59

9 hours ago, Berkshire said:

President Obama warned about this....the "circular firing squad."  Every time the Dems attack one another, Trump is loving it. 

The dems don't seem to listen to anything other than outrage. They screamed like little children over each other at the debate. It didn't take a crystal ball to know Harris was going to throw Biden under the bus. You would have thought he would have prepared himself with coaches to be ready for it.

They also fired upon Buttigieg. I think only Harris and Biden will actually move on from that debate. Oh well the trials and tribulations of Washintgton's dirty diapers.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, quandow said:

You are correct in all candidates NOT named Bernie. He has a voting record that will back up his stump speeches. Biden is a VERY weak, VERY flawed candidate and the liberal media is doing what they can to prop him up. Trouble is, it's on a sandy foundation and will never stand up to Trump should we have the misfortune of having Biden as the final candidate. And Kamala is nothing but Hillary 2.0. She's been taking PAC money for YEARS to build up a war chest, then started making noise about NOT taking PAC money after the cupboard was full. I fear we're gonna have a 2016 repeat.

How you get your money is important. I guess my one knock on Buttigieg, other than his total inexperience and his speaking too much in generalities, is that he spends a lot of time with the big money folks.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I wouldn't be surprised if 45 refuses to debate if the nominee is Harris.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You can't deploy her MO on a constant basis. It's "gotcha" debate and she uses overwrought emotional manipulation techniques.  I can understand why she pulled it out to stick the shiv in Joe, but she's going to have to put it back on the shelf for a while if she doesn't want to be seen only as a drama queen.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

You can't deploy her MO on a constant basis. It's "gotcha" debate and she uses overwrought emotional manipulation techniques.  I can understand why she pulled it out to stick the shiv in Joe, but she's going to have to put it back on the shelf for a while if she doesn't want to be seen only as a drama queen.

Yes, absolutely.  Someone else (Williams?) brought up race, and Kamala jumped at it "race?  I have something to say!" and then went in with something she had obviously been rehearsing.  I don't think she's as adept at spur of the moment stuff.

Just now, bendejo said:

Yes, absolutely.  Someone else (Williams?) brought up race, and Kamala jumped at it "race?  I have something to say!" and then went in with something she had obviously been rehearsing.  I don't think she's as adept at spur of the moment stuff.

This is why it's surprising Biden wasn't prepared for it. It was well known that this card would be played on him at some point by somebody most likely Harris. What it shows is Harris isn't above attacking a person who will be rightfully remembered for having a great roll in equal rights when it is politically convenient for her to do so. Joe Biden is the reason that I as a gay person was able to marry.

26 minutes ago, bendejo said:

"Her adlib lines were well rehearsed". Whenever she got caught off guard with a question, always a long pause and either a one word answer or agreemment with whatever the last person said.

Edited by lannarebirth

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

So what? It worked. The reason it worked so well is that she showed everyone how she can slay "trump" in debates. I'd say she's the favorite now. Beating that horrible illegitimate demagogue is priority number one.

Just wait though. Harris will have one like it waiting for her later. It's funny to see already justifying this to beat Trump and the firing squad has many more victims ahead.

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So what? It worked. The reason it worked so well is that she showed everyone how she can slay "trump" in debates. I'd say she's the favorite now. Beating that horrible illegitimate demagogue is priority number one.

That's what the Trump voters said m/l about beating Hillary.

• Thanks 1

Biden isn't what he used to be and what he used to be when he was running for president numerous times before wasn't so great in the first place. He made a mistake to run this time. He should have run last time. I don't think he'll be nominated and I hope that he isn't. I feel sorry for his failed ambition. He really, really, really wanted to be president and this is his last chance. Not a good enough reason to nominate him.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/06/joe-biden-old-democratic-debate.html

Joe Biden Is Old

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Look, the current racist demagogue president is illegitimate and criminally corrupt and an existential threat to the future of the American democracy. If he wasn't the president now he would be facing trial and likely conviction and prison. In a historically dark situation like this the case for a PROSECUTOR to defeat him is strong. Obviously it's still early but "trump" is afraid of her and he SHOULD be afraid of her, and that tells us a lot.

Kamala Harris’s takedown of Joe Biden was more brutal than it seems

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/06/28/kamala-harriss-lethal-precision-shows-she-can-prosecute-trump/

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sujo said:

You talk of experienced politician yet defend Trump at every oportunity.

Im certain you dont support him on looks. So by your oen reckoning of experience I trust you voted for Hilary.

I don't like politicians and I wouldn't support some one because of their appearance.I like Mr. Trump's agenda

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Credo said:

I'd love to see Kamala on stage with Trump.   She's a former prosecutor and she is laser focused on her target.   She also knows how not to get rattled.   I have a feeling when she starts zinging Trump he will head off to McDonald's because he will have lost his appetite for Indian food.

Bernie and Warren are simply different shades of the same policies -- no problem with their policies, although I think they are both a little too far to the left for a lot of people.   

I like Buttigeig, but I don't know that he is ever going to get the mass appeal necessary to be a contender.   He is clear in his thoughts and as a Mayor he has actually had to implement policies, not just pass a law and tell everyone else to do the heavy lifting.   Unfortunately that plays both ways and right now it's not in his favor.   

Biden, unfortunately IMO, is still out front, but I really, really think it's time for the younger generation to take over.   

but the majority of the voting population are probably not young, and probably don't want the policies beloved of youth.

It's funny how many people are praising this as a brilliant political move. It's the classic dim play at this point. Take a decent (preferably white) and and accuse him of being a racist when you know it isn't true.  Of course preface it with the "I know you aren't racist" thing to make it seem you aren't actually calling him a racist. She is such a sleaze bag doing this. But what would you expect from a woman who slept her way to the top? Her day of reckoning will come.

On a side note hopefully Schultz is recovering from surgery and will consider entering the race now that Biden has been assassinated. The rumors are he was waiting to see how Biden would do.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

You just continue ad nauseam with stuff that isn't even vaguely on topic. Have a nice evening I have better things to do. Oh I am also not Republican. I guess I need to remind you I never voted for Trump or any Republican candidate in my life.

That would only be believable if you have never voted at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Look, the current racist demagogue president is illegitimate and criminally corrupt and an existential threat to the future of the American democracy. If he wasn't the president now he would be facing trial and likely conviction and prison. In a historically dark situation like this the case for a PROSECUTOR to defeat him is strong. Obviously it's still early but "trump" is afraid of her and he SHOULD be afraid of her, and that tells us a lot.

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/06/28/kamala-harriss-lethal-precision-shows-she-can-prosecute-trump/

This election will not be about race and if those who try to "prosecute" that argument continue they are going to be exposed for how their "race" experience was unlike most others and that it only benefited them in life. She got her shot in, but she'd best be moving on or she'll lose her flavor of the day bump.

She may have even delivered Biden some sympathy votes from those independents that voted for Trump, many of whom can vote in either party's primaries.

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Like 1

Threads like this illustrate the cultural difference between the GOP and Dems.  The GOP is never (or hardly ever) self-critical.  Dems will argue among themselves to the point of being self-defeating, and unfortunately, they cull their best; I'm waiting for Pelosi to move on before I expect that to change.  The GOP is as solid as a fantasy border wall -- really now, do you think ALL BUT ONE of the GOP politicians is so morally bankrupt as to think what DT is doing is ok?  No, their spinelessness is their strength, they love a strong, iron-heeled leader they can admire and follow.  There is no such thing as a GOP firebrand these days, even Ted Cruz now smooches the orange tuckus (what was that he said about copulating with a rodent during the campaign?)

But it's not all DT's doing, there are plenty of GOP bottom feeders out there using the current chaos to remove others they see as personal obstacles.

And that happens on the Dem side, too: ask Gilly about that.

I think joe and Harris are the ticket they would flay the blubber off trump and render him into Macdonalds French fry grease lol on a serious side I do think they would be an excellent team very unifying accost race and gender both smart and would work for America 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Tug said:

I think joe and Harris are the ticket they would flay the blubber off trump and render him into Macdonalds French fry grease lol on a serious side I do think they would be an excellent team very unifying accost race and gender both smart and would work for America 

Joe just sat there drooling while Harris stuck a knife in his back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tug said:

If Biden were the nominee why would he choose Harris? He presumably will get the African American vote and the California vote already. She brings nothing to the table for his candidacy and her "not calling" him a racist is probably going to cause a few hard feelings I would think. If he was the candidate he'd pick Klobuchar for the Iron/Rust Belt IMO.

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

Threads like this illustrate the cultural difference between the GOP and Dems.  The GOP is never (or hardly ever) self-critical.  Dems will argue among themselves to the point of being self-defeating, and unfortunately, they cull their best; I'm waiting for Pelosi to move on before I expect that to change.  The GOP is as solid as a fantasy border wall -- really now, do you think ALL BUT ONE of the GOP politicians is so morally bankrupt as to think what DT is doing is ok?  No, their spinelessness is their strength, they love a strong, iron-heeled leader they can admire and follow.  There is no such thing as a GOP firebrand these days, even Ted Cruz now smooches the orange tuckus (what was that he said about copulating with a rodent during the campaign?)

But it's not all DT's doing, there are plenty of GOP bottom feeders out there using the current chaos to remove others they see as personal obstacles.

I think they are content to be packing the courts.

2 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I think they are content to be packing the courts.

They just want to rotate the judges to gain new blood. Quite the statement coming from Bernie who has been around since the beginning of time. Maybe term limits for senators would cure  this.

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

Usually the ones that get culled are the ones that don't have a pipeline to the big money/media stamp of approval. I see those that defeat them as basically Republicans, or what Republicans used to be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cryingdick said:

They just want to rotate the judges to gain new blood. Quite the statement coming from Bernie who has been around since the beginning of time. Maybe term limits for senators would cure  this.

I would not be averse to term limits for both branches of Congress and the Supreme Court. Yang has a policy for that

5 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I would not be averse to term limits for both branches of Congress and the Supreme Court. Yang has a policy for that

I like Yang. Unfortunately last night wasn't his best effort at articulating his ideas. He would be a good guy to have on some body overseeing tech or such. He failed to explain his ideas about the UBI and his numbers on taxes to do it didn't add up. Over all though he conducted himself as a gentleman compared to the others that went rabid, was soft spoken although unable to contribute anything meaningful.

We could put term limits on everything but in all fairness I think you would have to grandfather in the current terms for those already elected or sitting.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1