Thanks Thai police: 68 year old blind granny gets home after Pattaya adventure

Jonathan Fairfield

Thanks Thai police: 68 year old blind granny gets home after Pattaya adventure

pnews.jpg

Image: The Pattaya News

The Thai public were praising the regular cops and the tourist police in Pattaya after they helped a blind grandmother get home.

Netizens had been concerned about the fate of Bunreuang Siriwet, 68, who went to Pattaya to try and locate her youngest daughter after losing contact with her four children for 17 years. 

The lady had been seen sleeping out in Pattaya and Sattahip after being unable to locate her relative who someone told her had died.

Now the cops have clubbed together to give her money for food and get her transport home to Sa Kaew.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-28

16 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Now the cops have clubbed together

Five thugs armed with clubs attacked an anti-junta activist - any connection?

I don't buy the above sentiment of heart-warming police.  They can easily afford 100 baht apiece to send home someone cluttering where the pavement should be.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

We all stick the boot in to the plod sometimes when they leave thereselves open to it but credit it where its due to them on this one .. 

they are just doing something that is PART of their job....so why make a big deal of it....

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, essox essox said:

they are just doing something that is PART of their job....so why make a big deal of it....

It is not their job to personally pay for her safe return.

Perhaps help make arrangements could be seen as part of their job, but I would have thought that came under the role of a social welfare agency, not police.

• Like 2

Hmmm isn't this a routine part of being a cop?  Police do this type of thing everyday, and it usually considered as just part of being a cop.  What ever happened to Serve and Protect?  Just wondering....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JMSIII said:

Hmmm isn't this a routine part of being a cop?  Police do this type of thing everyday, and it usually considered as just part of being a cop.  What ever happened to Serve and Protect?  Just wondering....

I think you missed the part of the article which said that the police officers have paid for her food and transport home.

Not something that is "just part of being a cop" as far as I'm aware.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Essox Essox .. The old dear was blind , she was in a strange place looking for someone she hasn't seen for years and she is at an advanced age .. Consider how confusing or bewildering that could be .. she had no where to stay so the local cops have chipped in to help her return home .. Fair enough if you don't think that is worthy but I do and see nothing wrong with giving them some praise for it .. 

the cops would soon get their money back fining all and sundry, especially FARANGS

2 hours ago, essox essox said:

they were only doing their jobs....so why such a big deal???

It is not their job to fund travel for anyone

You really should change your nic to Curmudgeon ????

Edited by RJRS1301

On 6/29/2019 at 9:48 AM, essox essox said:

because they hardly ever do their job, or even part of it? 

A blind elderly  woman from  Sa Kaew (no idea where this is) going to Pattaya to look for a daughter she haven't seen for 17 years (and never will).  My guess is that she have other issues than blindness.   Kudos to the Police Officers who helped her to get home.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vacuum said:

A blind elderly  woman from  Sa Kaew (no idea where this is) going to Pattaya to look for a daughter she haven't seen for 17 years (and never will).  My guess is that she have other issues than blindness.   Kudos to the Police Officers who helped her to get home.

It's slightly north east of chonburi maybe about 150 kilometers

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 5:03 PM, Tropposurfer said:

A bit of kindness and compassion goes a long way ... except for a hole Porsche drivers that is

And for a bunch of sour pussed expats who can find nothing better to do than criticise everything that seeks to give credit when it's due! ????

• Like 1