ED Visa Yangon

I'm just wondering if anyone has a recent report on obtaining an ED visa from the Thai embassy in Yangon and their experiences in doing so.

I plan to go there in August and just want to make sure I'm well prepared for anything extra I might need as opposed to Vientiane.

I did hear that I will need to show a bank statement to show I have sufficient funds. Can I just get my bank book updated and give them a copy with the recent balance on there?

Not sure if a police check is needed as I'm from the UK.. I do have one but it's 5 years old so not sure if it would be accepted if needed.

Thanks a lot

My experience in Yangon does not include applying for a Non Ed visa. In general, the consulate is friendly. They have a page on their website for Non Ed visas: http://www.thaiembassy.org/yangon/en/services/36231-Education-visa.html. As usual, the requirements on that page are only a useful guide, and may not prove to be 100% accurate. I suspect some of the requirements will be flexible. Hopefully, the police check will not be a firm requirement for Westerners. If it is, I think a five-year-old report will be too old. For financial proof, the updated bank book should be fine.