My 2cent / tuppence opinion concerning "immigration moving goal posts" and "Thai Baht strength forcing expats out"

Lupusthai

On 7/1/2019 at 11:12 AM, spidermike007 said:

There are alot of valid reasons for complaints here. But, upon reflection I have even more complaints about living in the US, at this point in time. I would do it if someone was willing to pay me $1 million a year. For less than that, I do not think so. The quality of life there has diminished to a pale shadow of what it used to be. I think in general, the world population is increasing, inflation is rampant worldwide, despite what the fools tell us, and the quality of life is not what it used to be. That is just something we have to deal with. It is what it is. Make of it what you will. Some of us have been fortunate to carve out a pretty nice existence here. 

I wanted to just click the 'thanks ' button but had to say: that as a US citizen I know you are sooooo right. It breaks my heart to see what's happened to my country, but there it is. There's no going back now. It is past the point of Americans waking up and exerting some effort to change things.

I did my part in resisting the VN war, trying to change the system, and promoting a better social and financial system.

I've let it go and decided to enjoy my days here now. It will likely take several more decades for Thailand to become as repressive as USA. By that time it won't matter to me.

I sometimes wonder where the next few generations will expatriate in escaping the lunacy. I suppose they will find a niche between a rock and a hard place.

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2019 at 8:02 AM, Old Croc said:

Just wondering  -  did the knowledge of the Ancient Greek language have any practical value in your life?  Or, for that matter, the Latin? 

I didn't like Latin at school but we had to study it, and later in life I discovered that it was useful in understanding words which were unfamiliar to me, because they were based on the Latin word. 

• Like 1