Phuket Rajabhat starts screenings of compulsory driver training videos

rooster59

Phuket Rajabhat starts screenings of compulsory driver training videos 

By The Phuket News

1561713889_1-org.jpg

The driver-training sessions are being held every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday until further notice. Photo:Phuket Rajabhat University

PHUKET: To lighten the load on the number of people forced to wait at the Phuket Land Transport Office (PLTO) in order to watch the driver training videos, Phuket Rajabhat University is providing screenings of the videos along with certification that the applicant has viewed the videos as required.

The project, rolled out in cooperation with the PLTO, offers screenings of the mandatory training videos for both people applying for the first licence, and the videos for those just needing to view the “refresher” videos in order to renew their licences.

The videos are open for viewing from 8am-3pm every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday – except public holidays – until further notice.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-rajabhat-starts-screenings-of-compulsory-driver-training-videos-71941.php#EWGF6hvQfQomDckH.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-06-30

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Phuket Rajabhat University is providing screenings of the videos along with certification that the applicant has viewed the videos as required.

does it have a lot of wacky cartoon sound effects?

I have to renew both my Thai licenses for another 5 years next week so I may attend these first if it's going to make the renewal process quicker. I have had Thai licenses since 1994 and have sat through these ridiculous videos a few times. No one watches them as everyone is glued to their smart phones.

• Like 2

Videos! Only a tiny tiny part of what constitutes proven good training I.e. series of weekly practical driver training for months before testing and  granting of a license.

strict testing on a point system on faults. 

Of course the notion that bribes would enter and neuter such a system is highly likely should something akin to any decent world standard of driver training be introduced.

When i watched my video it was in thai , ok that made me more observant, but 2/3rd of the thai were on there phones, but by now 3 years on probably 1/2 are missing the skin of there arms and the other 1/2 missed the morning sun.