Bangkok airport: No foreigners on overstay - even at the long stay car park!

webfact

Never ending story. Meantime, there are rapes, murders, shootings, motorbike and car accidents, you name it. But we gonna catch the overstayers, because they make Thailand unsafe. This is all for the safety of the tourist. 5 5 5!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 things occurring to me while reading this.

#1. I think they have to many immigration officers.  Now that the raids have diminishing returns, they have to justify payroll.

#2.

They did this in front of arrivals for show as a warning.

Really, when they announced the "good guys in and bad guys out" I thought it was the greatest thing.  But they really suffered from "mission creep." I bet their budget ballooned so they had to keep it going.

Now they are creating a purpose.

I can see the logic here - A crackdown is needed on foreign overstayers , so , where can you find the most foreigners in one place...yes, the airport of course ! No need to go trapesing around the Northeast . plus the airports easy to get to and pleasantly cool inside,

15 hours ago, keith101 said:

Why would you be looking for overstayers at the airport complete waste of time .

If they arrest those pesky over stayers enjoying Thailand's brothels (aka bars) before they can surrender themselves to the airport immigration, they will get harsher punishment, I guess. 

i agree with another comment how can u be illegal when u arrive.leaving they will get u at passport control and pay what your fine will be.i imagine it was a pr stunt to show force to farangs maybe.long stay carparks another photo and news story chance.i think everyone got the message if you do get caught you are leaving Thailand with a fine and black list 

Maybe its time to put thailand on the No go list?  is thailand looking to lose its tourist bissness? sure starting to look that way ... its just not worth the trouble dealing with nationalists that lack basic integrity or logic ... 

The results of their search is inline with their average results. Last time I saw the figures they dud more than 8000 searches and caught less than 8000 foreigners. At the start of this xenophobic expidition they said 100 k to 200 k foreigners was here on overstay etc. Yet they could only find 8000 in 2 years. 

13 hours ago, Knocker33 said:

Just what you want see when arriving in a country for a holiday. They honestly don't get what utter idiots they are

It's a Thai cultural show for tourists on arrival to LOS.

What better way to demonstrate the Thai obsession for uniforms/status and show. It's also a way of demonstrating who's really running the country.

1 minute ago, Humpy said:

Can a  member of TV Staff please send translated copies of members comments to the Thai Immigration. thank you.

Are you saying that until someone tells them, they have no idea of what's going, and also need it translating for them too?

If the RTP had to do the translating themselves, we'd have months before being arrested. When they were translating an Interpol document regarding the Red Bull killer, it took them well over two weeks to do that.

What a nice "Welcome to Thailand"? Get off the plane and walk into a barrage of uniformed men and sniffing dogs. 

Some of the boys on overtime clocking, it seems, as there is no other reason for hanging around at the airport ......... 

Archived