Does this sound suspicious to you?

hitext

Hi

I have a friend coming to stay today, who happens to be an attractive Indian lady. Shortly after arriving at BKK airport, she sent me the Whatsapp message below. For me, this has a huge red flag written all over it. Anyone know anything about this?

Here's the message:

Have you heard of Welldone Guarantee? Apparenlty, they're a moderately famous Thai show. One of their directors saw me and asked me to be in an episode. We're shooting from 5-9 PM tonight. ????
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXEM58IYx6OxTYRMcoYIOTw

Your friend arrived from overseas and immediately was "cast" in something?  Yup, sounds very odd. Why the very short time frame, presumably she's straight off an airplane? What legal protection does your friend have?  Does she speak/read Thai? Whether or not there is a "Wellness Guarantee", who's to say what that is or whether the "director" putting a hard sell on it has anything to do with it?  It may be all on the up and up, but for an example of how this could turn out badly, google "Derrick Keller."  Can't see why anyone would bother with this sort of thing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, berybert said:

When you say you have a friend coming to stay, do you mean someone you have never met before or a friend. For most normal people there is a difference.

What difference would that make to his enquiry, or to you, for that matter?  Are you suggesting that he is not normal?

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 3:07 PM, hitext said:

Have you heard of Welldone Guarantee? Apparenlty, they're a moderately famous Thai show. One of their directors saw me and asked me to be in an episode. We're shooting from 5-9 PM tonight.

That sort of thing does happen.   Years ago my wife and I were approached out of the blue by the director of a photo shoot in Central and were asked if our then 6-month old son could be part of it.   He did appear in it, no red flags, no suspicion.

5 hours ago, Just Weird said:

What difference would that make to his enquiry, or to you, for that matter?  Are you suggesting that he is not normal?

If he has an attractive Indian woman he calls a friend he has never met then yes he is not normal. Nor it seems are you.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1