Mum and dad apologize after teacher attacks student

webfact

Mum and dad apologize after teacher attacks student

news_RcYmOhaJlm184111_533.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Our picture today shows a mother and father apologizing to a PE teacher after he attacked their son. 

The parents are shown handing over a basket of Bird's Nest Soup to the teacher as technical school officials look on smiling. 

A widely viewed and commented upon clip on social media showed the teacher yank the hair of the student after him and his mates cheated in a written exam. 

They had been told not to use their phone but when Sophon's back was turned they did and an argument developed after Sophon said that the test result was invalid. 

Sophon was initially suspended after the incident last week as a committee of inquiry was set up. 

Now the parents have said the matter is settled and both the teacher and their son have apologized. 

Saraburi Technical College director Janewit Tangcharoenworakhun said that school procedures were followed to the letter. 

Now the parents are going to the police to prosecute the person or people who shared the clip of the incident.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-02
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

"A widely viewed and commented upon clip on social media showed the teacher yank the hair of the student after him and his mates cheated in a written exam." 

"Saraburi Technical College director Janewit Tangcharoenworakhun said that school procedures were followed to the letter." 

I wonder where in the rulebook it says yanking hair is acceptab;e behaviour?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, lust said:

Does anyone else feel like their IQ has decreased being exposed to such stupidity on a daily basis since moving to Thailand?

Yep, I have to keep reading my science & math books to make sure I can still understand them, Ha!

9 hours ago, lust said:

Does anyone else feel like their IQ has decreased being exposed to such stupidity on a daily basis since moving to Thailand?

It's a constant fight not to lower yourself to the level of many of the locals. If you are here long enough there are many who start seeing the Thai way as normal. It is not.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sambum said:

"A widely viewed and commented upon clip on social media showed the teacher yank the hair of the student after him and his mates cheated in a written exam." 

"Saraburi Technical College director Janewit Tangcharoenworakhun said that school procedures were followed to the letter." 

I wonder where in the rulebook it says yanking hair is acceptab;e behaviour?

And I wonder where in the rulebook it says CHEATING is acceptable.  Up to now many of you are upset about a yank on the hair and not at all worried about cheating.  I hope that he hurt the little 'bas.....d..  He should have given him two yanks.  I  would be humiliated if they were my children and THAT is probably why he was offered a present.  And they would have got a belting when they got home.

Edited by Gillyflower
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, jesimps said:

Disagree! Teachers not using violence is why we no longer have a civilised society. When I was at school it was the only thing that kept us in line. If not for fear, we'd have run riot.

Here here!

Yanking the hair of a child cheating in an exam is not 'Teachers using violence.'

Weather here may mean people do not understand the term 'snowflake.'

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jesimps said:

Disagree! Teachers not using violence is why we no longer have a civilised society. When I was at school it was the only thing that kept us in line. If not for fear, we'd have run riot.

When I was a kid, a ruler on the hands helped a lot.  My husband was a teacher in Melbourne.  All punishable kids were sent to the HM, who used the rod.  

Just a little story.  He had a good looking Greek kid, Jimmy, in one of his classes at Northcote. Useless at his lesson, cheeky and even insolent,. classes were in an uproar with Jimmy around.  A REAL pest. One day my husband gave him a father and mother of a hiding (against the rules and he could have been fired).  A couple of days later Jimmy came up to Michael in the playground.  Listen Teach, I wanna make a bargain with ya, I'll try a little in class and you don't belt me again.  OK?  OK!  Hand shake.  Jimmy S. became one of the most brilliant students any teacher could wish to have and went on to an even more brilliant career

Edited by Gillyflower
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Teachers using violence is unacceptable in a civilized society.     What a fiasco. 

It's not that long ago that the Education Ministry appealed to parents to always make a police report, and follow up in all cases of assaults by teachers.

Clearly as successful as enforcing Taxi drivers using the meters and not refusing fares!

Teachers have no right to assault children. It's illegal in Thailand. But as usual, everyone mostly wants no fuss, sweep it all under the carpet.

2 hours ago, Gillyflower said:

When I was a kid, a ruler on the hands helped a lot.  My husband was a teacher in Melbourne.  All punishable kids were sent to the HM, who used the rod.  

Just a little story.  He had a good looking Greek kid, Jimmy, in one of his classes at Northcote. Useless at his lesson, cheeky and even insolent,. classes were in an uproar with Jimmy around.  A REAL pest. One day my husband gave him a father and mother of a hiding (against the rules and he could have been fired).  A couple of days later Jimmy came up to Michael in the playground.  Listen Teach, I wanna make a bargain with ya, I'll try a little in class and you don't belt me again.  OK?  OK!  Hand shake.  Jimmy S. became one of the most brilliant students any teacher could wish to have and went on to an even more brilliant career

So there we have it. Beating children up makes then brilliant students!

Neanderthal thinking from the spouse of a criminal. 

I don't know? The student tried one on, got caught, was punished! Any older Thai father would have acted exactly like the P.E. teacher!

This is how an adult should operate with children. The failure of adults to act as judge and jury has produced this generation of "snowflakes " and SJW's! The students and other "Children" have got away with virtual murder because the previous generation failed to do their duty and failed to train their children to be adults!