Video: Thai lady shopper throws a hissy fit after the thief alarm sounds

webfact

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Actually the bigger crime in Thailand was at the one minute mark when she threw her smartphone.

How is a Thai supposed to survive without a mobile facebook device?

Maybe she nicked a better one which she hid under her dress, might as well get rid of the old one.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

A diminutive Thai lady shopper in a white dress threw a strange tantrum after security guards stopped her when the theft alarm went off.

The lady was furious at being stopped for a search

Entitled Hi-So.  

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Bit ott throwing a hissy because the alarm went off, nothing to hide, let them look, when they find nothing they will say sorry, then go on your way.

Many times when i come out of our local big C the bloody alarm sounds, something on my scooter sets it off.

Now when i get to the checkout, security unload my basket on the belt, then place the bags on the basket behind me, never a problem. 

I didn't watch the video but got the gist of it from the title and responses. OK, I'll bite on Conlin's comment -  police stop Colin, tell him to out of the car and hands on the hood - frisk and full pat-down - show us your papers - 'where you from? where you going? what is in your car? what is in the trunk? Open now'. Big crowd has by now gathered, many videos and pictures taken and Colin looks like a crook who just got nabbed, very embarrassing. Maybe when police get bored they'll leave.

But hey Colin, you did nothing wrong and it's OK to let police do their thing. How's that sitting with you now? Do you feel comfortable or like your rights have been stomped on?

How is that different from store security demanding a stop and search? Did they SEE her take anything? What is their PROBABLE CAUSE for the stop and search? Is there PROOF of theft to back up their stop and search?

IF security sees and will swear in court, if they have proof on video, if they have corroborating witnesses, THEN they are OK to proceed to stop and search. IF NOT, they are in the wrong. Same for the police.

1 minute ago, glennb6 said:

I didn't watch the video but got the gist of it from the title and responses. OK, I'll bite on Conlin's comment -  police stop Colin, tell him to out of the car and hands on the hood - frisk and full pat-down - show us your papers - 'where you from? where you going? what is in your car? what is in the trunk? Open now'. Big crowd has by now gathered, many videos and pictures taken and Colin looks like a crook who just got nabbed, very embarrassing. Maybe when police get bored they'll leave.

But hey Colin, you did nothing wrong and it's OK to let police do their thing. How's that sitting with you now? Do you feel comfortable or like your rights have been stomped on?

How is that different from store security demanding a stop and search? Did they SEE her take anything? What is their PROBABLE CAUSE for the stop and search? Is there PROOF of theft to back up their stop and search?

IF security sees and will swear in court, if they have proof on video, if they have corroborating witnesses, THEN they are OK to proceed to stop and search. IF NOT, they are in the wrong. Same for the police.

What a mixed up post, please tell me how i would even get out of the car in the first place?

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

They have free entertainment in Big C now.

regards Worgeordie

Yes ... I wonder if they checked her Nickers ? ... They could have been stolen ? Har har .... like maybe she had 5 or 6 pairs on under there !!! ... She looks like she has the body to hide them !!! har har ... and a couple of extra Braziers on ? Right ??? ...

So I wonder what happened in the end ? ...

... Nice to see a bit of Thai on Thai entertainment for a change !!! .. Like my Big C is just Soooo Boring !!! 

The famous loss of face????. Not knowing the loss of face happens when she react like that. Asians, a special breed.

She could turn it a round so the staff had to apologise to her. But no, turn cracy. Road rage, shop rage. Thais are masters of theire rage. All of the cost of face????????

14 minutes ago, glennb6 said:

likewise for me at at bkk mrt station near my home. there was a security gal that almost always stopped just me despite many others having bags and backpacks. none of us set off the beeper. i think she wanted to show her power. after multiple times of her just shining flashlight on topmost layer of backpack contents for 1/2 second when stopped i began to remove all contents piece by piece and placing it on her table so she can adequately inspect it. sometimes this included underwear.  guess what, she stopped harassing he.

6 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

A complete fruitcake and dangerous to boot.

Does anyone have her contact details and know if she is single. ????

Single now.....last husband jumped off a building!

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

hmmmm .....  but what's hiding under the white dress.  The security alarm didn't go off for no reason.

Few weeks ago my wife and I was in my local Big C in Khon Kaen, going though the alarm partitions to the belt with the trolley, the alarm went off. They checked my till receipt them took each item out the trolley and put it through the alarm partition until one sounded the alarm off. It did, they checked it with my receipt and it was paid for.

it seems the bar codes on each item have an alarm activated. When it goes through the check out it is cancelled out, but obvious my item malfunctioned and was not canceled out. Looks like it also happened to this lady. Not a good system, alarm goes off and security surrounding you and every one looking at you as a potential thief. I could see the manager sitting on his ass in his checkout little office, never came over to apologise for our embarisment.

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well folks, we need somebody to scotch the rumour that the video is Steven in a dress.:cheesy:????:cheesy:????

If that was the case Colin, Stevens bag would have been full of Chang. :cheesy:

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

They have free entertainment in Big C now.

regards Worgeordie

I'm sure Big C have plenty of regards for you too. Maybe kind ones... maybe best ones... or maybe just... 'regards'. 

Wife and I drove two hours at the weekend to view a sale of a car from a private owner, after checking the car over before a test drive the guys wife came out and just went berserk shouting at us and demanding we buy the car or not, we’re wasting her time and if we bought the car we couldn’t have it for three months until her new Camry was delivered.

She worked for the government too.

Says it all really!

11 minutes ago, shaurene said:

Few weeks ago my wife and I was in my local Big C in Khon Kaen, going though the alarm partitions to the belt with the trolley, the alarm went off. They checked my till receipt them took each item out the trolley and put it through the alarm partition until one sounded the alarm off. It did, they checked it with my receipt and it was paid for.

it seems the bar codes on each item have an alarm activated. When it goes through the check out it is cancelled out, but obvious my item malfunctioned and was not canceled out. Looks like it also happened to this lady. Not a good system, alarm goes off and security surrounding you and every one looking at you as a potential thief. I could see the manager sitting on his ass in his checkout little office, never came over to apologise for our embarisment.

Yes some sense to over pin the mental entertainment ...

My guess is that this lady reacted like that because she's suffering from a history of harassment by that supermarket's security staff. If I'm guessing right, all of my solidarity goes to the lady and all of my scorn to those security staff.

2 minutes ago, Camillof said:

My guess is that this lady reacted like that because she's suffering from a history of harassment by that supermarket's security staff. If I'm guessing right, all of my solidarity goes to the lady and all of my scorn to those security staff.

Or the nurse did not give her the medications

26 minutes ago, twizzian said:

Wife and I drove two hours at the weekend to view a sale of a car from a private owner, after checking the car over before a test drive the guys wife came out and just went berserk shouting at us and demanding we buy the car or not, we’re wasting her time and if we bought the car we couldn’t have it for three months until her new Camry was delivered.

She worked for the government too.

Says it all really!

Yes, the Thai BLIND respect for the vendors is REALLY quite hard to handle at times ! .. But her attitude, ... without the aggression, would be the norm in Thailand, ... You do not ask the price of something (Or take a test drive by the look of it ... ) ... Unless you ARE going to buy it ! ... 

My Wife never gives up on this one (Even after 37 years ! I can wear shorts now ... But ! .... )  And she always hammers me with it also ... Only look and ask how much, ..If you are a buyer, ...  like you do not want to upset the seller ! Don't you !   ....  So, Yearrrrr ... Right On Mate.

But well, though a bit weird this, ... but it ALSO is the basis of a very tolerant society, in which ALL of Us, ..And TV contributors profit from really ... many times in every day I am sure ! ... So, just be careful, ... and a bit standoffish ... when you go out shopping ... and reduce the stress ....

Still, I bought a Great little Vios in a Toyota dealership (Up at Angtong, where the dealership is supposed to be really Great ! ...) ... and a test drive was quite OK with them ! ? ... And I tried 2 cars ..The first Real Crap a bigger cc Corolla (Altis in Thailand) but big and wide, and heavy feeling, and the wheels were wildly out of alignment !!! ) ... So I got the smaller, (Faster and more sporty) Vios ! ... High Kms BUT it is the best car that I have ever had !!!!!

The Vios basically is a Yaris ... with a Boot !  ... and with a 10 wheel truck behind me on occasion, ... I really like it having that big long 1m boot there you know !!! .... Full computerized Fuel injection, and 4 wheel anti locking disk brakes all around ! It REALLY is just Quite amazing what we Human beings can do when we try ! ... Still I may just be going a bit off subject here .... But as an Over View ... to shopping ... "It really IS just Quite amazing what we Human beings can do when we try” !

33 minutes ago, shaurene said:

As long as you'd obviously paid for all the items and they were on the receipt, I'd just see it as a bit of light entertainment. Breaks up the day.

Treating it as such must make the security staff feel easier, I'm sure it's generally a pretty thankless job.

Archived