Philips beard trimmer (QT4000) won't charge

RickG16

I have this trimmer:

https://www.amazon.in/Philips-QT4000-Skin-Advanced-Trimmer/dp/B00GUBY0JA

Which has so far been very reliable. So I am dismayed that it has stopped charging. I have tried with another, new charger, so I know it is nothing to do with the charger.

Does anyone know what could have happened? Might the battery be the problem?

would like to think that a local electrical guy could fix this, but would it probably need official parts from Philips?

Cheers

It could be the battery and it might be replaceable locally but might not be worth the effort/cost.  I had a power toothbrush fail and was able to obtain a battery that fit locally but was really not worth my effort and never worked well.  That could be on me but such items are really not designed to be repaired.

• Like 1

The product description gives: "1 Nonstandard Battery batteries required."

Which might be a hint for finding replacement.  If you can access the battery, easy to test with a voltmeter - which would tell you if the battery is the problem.  I have a cheap cordless drill that I use for small jobs.  After about 20 charges it just stops.  Then it's time to buy a new cheap drill as the batteries are not available - on my 2nd one so far.

Just now, bankruatsteve said:

The product description gives: "1 Nonstandard Battery batteries required."

Thanks... so do you think this means I might be able to get a generic (non Philips) battery put in it?

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Thanks... so do you think this means I might be able to get a generic (non Philips) battery put in it?

I think that means you might be screwed to find a replacement battery (like my drill - but that is Chinese).  You might try contacting Philips.  Or, post a photo and maybe someone will have a suggestion.

5 hours ago, RickG16 said:

would like to think that a local electrical guy could fix this, but would it probably need official parts from Philips?

No.

I rushed through some of the videos found with post #6 and it IS a plain simple 1.2 V NiMh rechargeable battery (AAA size). One video says it's a 750 mAh.

Won't hurt if it has more capacity.

If you know a local guy ask him to open and check.

Edited by KhunBENQ

8 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

No.

I rushed through some of the videos found with post #6 and it IS a plain simple 1.2 V NiMh rechargeable battery (AAA size). One video says it's a 750 mAh.

Won't hurt if it has more capacity.

If you know a local guy ask him to open and check.

Do you know anyone on samui that could do it? 

2 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Across street Tesco, Chaweng. 

Place with big Panasonic sign. 

Thanks. That was the place I suspected might do it. Hoping I can get it fixed here and don't have to make the trip though!