New government to be formed this month, promises Prayut

snoop1130

Yes, to be the government's number one is a role he no doubt covets, but back of mind may well be the staving off the potential fall-out that may follow his demise: investigations into wealth at best, and at worse  the usual consequences of those found guilty of treason, sedition, insurrection ... his self-conferred immunity may prove to be not as perfect a protection as he had envisioned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

a book about Neil Davis called One Crowded Hour by Tim Bowden he was a news cameraman who covered the Vietnam war.By the way Neil was killed on the streets of Bangkok whilst covering one of Thailand's coops. 

Great book, well worth a read. Great story.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the heart.I've heard a lot of good things about Vietnam and the Vietnamese people and would high on my list of next options.Most of my perceptions of Vietnam and it's people comes from reading a book about Neil Davis called One Crowded Hour by Tim Bowden he was a news cameraman who covered the Vietnam war.By the way Neil was killed on the streets of Bangkok whilst covering one of Thailand's coops. 

"One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name" was a line that Neil Davis wrote on all his work diaries. Its a damn good read and few exist like him today

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, expatfromwyoming said:

"One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name" was a line that Neil Davis wrote on all his work diaries. Its a damn good read and few exist like him today

Lucky me we share the same birthday,well nearly he was a few years ahead of me.One of my favourite reads.I wanted to put that quote as the little saying people here have at the bottom of their posts but cannot figure out how to do it yet!

56 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Lucky me we share the same birthday,well nearly he was a few years ahead of me.One of my favourite reads.I wanted to put that quote as the little saying people here have at the bottom of their posts but cannot figure out how to do it yet!

Click on your user name, top right. Go to account settings, click on signatures, that should work ????

Edited by Golden Triangle
amend info
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Sorry meant to say top right, what a Muppet I am ???? 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

You might want to edit your signature, you have a word missing LOL

I grew up with 7000 bottles of home made red wine under the house so God must have loved us very much either that or the oldies were alcoholics. 

11 hours ago, amdy2206 said:

3 or 4 months to form a government!!! How do most countries do it?

Generally within a week. 

Public Servants continue working, the systems work, until budget approvals required by treasury 

On 7/4/2019 at 8:48 AM, Assurancetourix said:

This is already the case in many countries that call themselves democratic like France and it is also the dream of Xi Jin Ping which is unfortunately becoming reality;
I have only a documentary in the French language on this subject;
if among our members someone could have the same in English it would be great.

grand menteur.... very big liar promoting economic liberation when he's the one not allowing it, unfortunately some at the meeting (still) believed him