Travel Insurance - Can't get it !

I'm in the process of trying to obtain travel insurance but keep getting knocked back !!! its as if I'm uninsurable !!

I have full medical insurance for Thailand and various other Countries through my work, but that doesn't cover me for Singapore & Japan. 

I've contacted a load of Travel Insurance companies for cover for Japan (Ski Trip)

- They either don't cover for Winter Sports,

- Cover Trip Cancellation if Wife's Parents become ill or die, but not my parents (in the UK) because the cover is based in Thailand !

I'm trying to get annual cover to cover the costs of flights and hotel bookings etc - just incase a member of family falls ill etc... 

I want the baggage covered for loss and theft etc....

It should be simple - but I just keep coming across brick walls (Axa, Allianz, Bupa, World Nomads). 

THUS.... IF anyone has travel Insurance they can recommend... Please go ahead and list the company... 

2 minutes ago, Olmate said:

You mean a blanket annual cover for trips you haven,t booked yet! Not surprised really if that’s the case?

Nope... I have specific dates... but have been unable to secure that. 

I'd prefer annual cover though... 

Companies do offer Multiple-Trip insurance, but only on an individual basis, which doesn't cover skiing or other such activities. 

2 minutes ago, Olmate said:

You mean a blanket annual cover for trips you haven,t booked yet! Not surprised really if that’s the case?

That's what annual insurance policies provide, though, especially here, there are some restrictions like winter sports, but they are often available as an optional extra.

33 minutes ago, jumbo said:

full year travel insurance (for (un)planned trip) with AIG

Yep - contacted them a few days ago... just an automated response. 

I could buy the package online and there is mention in the FAQ of optional 'sports packages' but there is never an option to select the sports packages.

Archived