How to hold currency required for Visa applications

1 hour ago, fishtank said:

You would be much better with a fixed account.

Around 12,000 a year.

Yes. With recent changes to requirements I recently opened FD ac at Kasikorn. Not brilliant interest @ 1.55% but better than nothing. Recently back au and needed to place some cash quickly. Decided on FD at 2.65% which was OK given au has extremely low cash rate now. Only mention this to demonstrate that "money in bank" method bit of pain now. Previously like many I just ran the 800k down for living expenses after extension granted. Not any more. Pain in butt

17 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Updated my Bank of Bangkok a week ago for extension when I got letter and it didn't update as I had no activity.  Teller updated in her machine.  Immigration only looked at the letter so made no difference.  

Please see relevant extract from my passbook below, upon which the "personal experience" to which I referred was based. I didn't have to do anything at all in order to get the second line printed.

image.png.fe0ba776cd8a480fc47a3f27045c4eaf.png

I can therefore only infer from your comments that individual Bangkok Bank passbook updating machines can be just as moody as individual immigration officers!

Edited by OJAS