Trump presses for contentious census citizenship question despite legal uncertainty

rooster59

17 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

The constitutions specifically directs the census to count person not citizens. And no, it's not serving citizens when it comes to figuring out the need so various communities whose citizens are in one way or another affected by the presence of illegal aliens.

The way to figure out 'how many illegal aliens' is to ask the question!  then it will become clearer why homelessness is such an issue now in the US. 

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

What is WRONG with any country asking are you a citizen? 

Absolutely nothing, unless youre a democrat politician. They want the numbers because the census is used to appropriate representation in congress and used for federal funds. 

The democrats nowadays are pure, treasonous filth. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Thainesss said:

Absolutely nothing, unless youre a democrat politician. They want the numbers because the census is used to appropriate representation in congress and used for federal funds. 

The democrats nowadays are pure, treasonous filth. 

As you know I don't really like Trump (Im pro choice, pro weed, pro environment etc.) but I can tell you one thing, I loathe the pc liberals more they lie and lie and lie daily. The Democratic Party has lost it's soul to the pc Antifa thug loving liberals.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

As you know I don't really like Trump (Im pro choice, pro weed, pro environment etc.) but I can tell you one thing, I loathe the pc liberals more they lie and lie and lie daily. The Democratic Party has lost it's soul to the pc Antifa thug loving liberals.

Im actually quite liberal myself but im a die-hard American who believes in the principals the country was founded on and when I see a political party trying their damndest to subvert that, it really infuriates me. 

Id vote for satan himself before tolerating the shit the extreme left is putting forward nowadays, and im sure most tax paying people feel the exact same way. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Please. You give yourself away when you start talking about that favorite meme of the right: antifa. A very tiny movement that carries virtually no weight in the democratic party. And anybody who claims he doesn't like lying in politics and prefers Trump to virtually anyone else is just unbelievable.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Im actually quite liberal myself but im a die-hard American who believes in the principals the country was founded on and when I see a political party trying their damndest to subvert that, it really infuriates me. 

Id vote for satan himself before tolerating the shit the extreme left is putting forward nowadays, and im sure most tax paying people feel the exact same way. 

I don't recall even one criticism of Trump from you. Maybe you can direct members of thaivisa.com  to some of your more pungent comments about him? Or is it that you're just concern trolling?

2 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Please. You give yourself away when you start talking about that favorite meme of the right: antifa. A very tiny movement that carries virtually no weight in the democratic party. And anybody who claims he doesn't like lying in politics and prefers Trump to virtually anyone else is just unbelievable.

Ah yes, the Democrat party gatekeeper has arrived. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Ah yes, the Democrat party gatekeeper has arrived. 

First of all, I never accused you of being a member of any political party. Obviously you're deflecting because of the fact that the political views you share on thaivisa.com clearly align with the far right. 

Edited by bristolboy

17 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Perhaps the court should have considered your argument. Im sure it would change their minds.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Ok leave those aside as both sides do have fundamentalist nutters but what did the Mayor or Police do to help that journalist?  you don't think their actions (i.e. inactions) are not political?

Anyway that aside, yes both sides lie I grant you that but it's the insidious self-righteousness, the blatant stupidity of the Dems that gets to me.

I firmly believe that many do not vote FOR Trump but against AGAINST the obvious disingenuous Dems. 

• Confused 1

Just now, bristolboy said:

First of all, I never accused you of being a member of any political party. Obviously you're deflecting because of the fact that the political views you share on thaivisa.com clearly align with the far right. 

'far right'?  what??? you are doing the same thing you accused me of.

8 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Far right? Conservatives have barely moved on the political map while Democrats have almost fallen off the map entirely. That’s a fact. 

• Like 1

Just now, BobBKK said:

Ok leave those aside as both sides do have fundamentalist nutters but what did the Mayor or Police do to help that journalist?  you don't think their actions (i.e. inactions) are not political?

Anyway that aside, yes both sides lie I grant you that but it's the insidious self-righteousness, the blatant stupidity of the Dems that gets to me.

I firmly believe that many do not vote FOR Trump but against AGAINST the obvious disingenuous Dems. 

wow, On the basis of an incident in Portland, the whole Democratic party is guilty?

And again all you do is come up with non specific stuff like "insidious self-righteousness" and "blatant stupidity"? What about actual issues?  Laws and courts. You know, legislation. I guess all that is irrelevant or of little importance to you compared to "insidious self-righteousness" and "blatant stupidity".

Dont forget it wasn’t a ruling on the premise of the question, it was kicked back due to basically process issues and not explaining their position well enough. 

It it wasn’t a ruling on the question itself. 

1 hour ago, howbri said:

The U.S. is a sovereign nation. They get to decide who comes and who doesn't. No different than any other nation. The communist democrats however want anyone to come who can vote for them because the American people have rejected them. And will again in 2020. Build the wall Donald and ask the citizenship question. America can and should.

How can one be both democrat and communist???, the terms are mutually exclusive

wow, On the basis of an incident in Portland, the whole Democratic party is guilty?

And again all you do is come up with non specific stuff like "insidious self-righteousness" and "blatant stupidity"? What about actual issues?  Laws and courts. You know, legislation. I guess all that is irrelevant or of little importance to you compared to "insidious self-righteousness" and "blatant stupidity".

I didn't say that. I alluded to the mayor and the police there. And where were the condemnations from the Dem hierarchy?  did Marion loud mouth that violence?  Pellosi?  Shumer?  nah 

There are many issues which point to the descriptions I gave. The law, my dear, is an ass in USA as it's partisan to the very core. Don't like something wizz off to the 9th where 'sympathetic' judges sit.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Dont forget it wasn’t a ruling on the premise of the question, it was kicked back due to basically process issues and not explaining their position well enough. 

It it wasn’t a ruling on the question itself. 

Please. The Supreme Court in effect said that the administration was lying.

The Supreme Court ruled that administration officials had given a "contrived"https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-census/trump-fumes-as-supreme-court-blocks-census-citizenship-question-idUSKCN1TS1BL rationale for including the question." 

• Haha 2

Please. The Supreme Court in effect said that the administration was lying.

The Supreme Court ruled that administration officials had given a "contrived"https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-census/trump-fumes-as-supreme-court-blocks-census-citizenship-question-idUSKCN1TS1BL rationale for including the question." 

You meant to say "five" of the SC as "four" obviously didn't think they were lying. No idea why Roberts did that. Every country has the right to ask if you are a citizen. What they afraid of?  that there maybe some illegals?  ROFL

8 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

How can one be both democrat and communist???, the terms are mutually exclusive

As shown by their recent policy proposals, “Democrat” does not mean “democracy”. 

They dont give a crap about democracy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

There are many issues which point to the descriptions I gave. The law, my dear, is an ass in USA as it's partisan to the very core. Don't like something wizz off to the 9th where 'sympathetic' judges sit.

What hypocrisy. Very few of the 9th circuit courts decisions actually get reversed. And usually, if the Supreme court reverses them it's be a 5 to 4 vote. But of course, this is precisely the kind of thing that the right wing press trumpets all the time. It's very clear what kind of sources you get your news from. Somehow I don't think the NY Times or the Washington Post are among them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

What about actual issues?  Laws and courts. You know, legislation. I guess all that is irrelevant or of little importance to you compared to "insidious self-righteousness" and "blatant stupidity".

None of that matters when the one party is hell bent on subverting the entire process by flooding the country with illegal aliens. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I didn't say that. I alluded to the mayor and the police there. And where were the condemnations from the Dem hierarchy?  did Marion loud mouth that violence?  Pellosi?  Shumer?  nah 

On further reflection, what really gives you away is your apparent assumption that it's the 9th circuit court that lies at some extreme, whereas the current Supreme Court apparently, in your opinion  doesnt. It's usual majority is considered by far the most extremely conservative that the US has had since the 1930's. But apparently for you that's just fine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

On further reflection, what really gives you away is your apparent assumption that it's the 9th circuit court that lies at some extreme, whereas the current Supreme Court apparently, in your opinion  doesnt. It's usual majority is considered by far the most extremely conservative that the US has had since the 1930's. But apparently for you that's just fine.

At least the conservatives aren’t trying to sway shit with illegal aliens. 

At this point a vote for the democrats is like voting yourself out of a country. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, howbri said:

News Flash!!! Illegals don't get protection of the U.S. Constitution. They are coming ILLEGALLY and are NOT citizens.

Here’s another newsflash.... your wrong. (Or deliberately contriving to deceive)

Hands up anyone who’s surprised by this. 

https://www.cultureoflife.org/2018/01/16/illegal-immigrants-constitutional-rights/

Edited by jany123
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ozman52 said:

The number of citizens/non-citizens in a country is something I expect people would want to know, and a census is the perfect, anonymous way to determine that.

Australia asks that question in every census since 1911.

I agree that it’s important to have these citizenship questions, but equating Australia’s census to the US version should not be done offhandedly, because the political systems and cultures of both countries are different.

in the case of Australia, you have a fully democratic country which scores 100% on political transparency and humans rights issues.

in the case of the USA, you have a partially democratic country, (ie...significant faults in democratic aspects, including underdeveloped political culture and issues in the functioning of governance) with faults in transparency and human rights issues

given this difference, it’s easy to understand how detractors could feel that the data might be abused, and therefore be alarmed by the potential for abuse, forcing them to oppose the inclusion of the question. 

Americans claim to be of the land of the free, and see themselves as the protectors of democracy... but in reality, not so much... America... get your poo together!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

My opinion is that law, anywhere, should neither be left nor right but forward and just.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

You meant to say "five" of the SC as "four" obviously didn't think they were lying. No idea why Roberts did that. Every country has the right to ask if you are a citizen. What they afraid of?  that there maybe some illegals?  ROFL

It wasn't that they didn't think Trump et alii weren't lying. The evidence is overwhelming that they were. They just didn't think it was relevant to the case.