Where can I get a hobby/work bench in Bangkok?

Airalee

4 hours ago, Crossy said:

We're not paying that for solid (recycled) teak! OK, not fitted but made to the size we wanted if the stock size didn't fit. Glass fronted teak "sideboard" 2m long was 15k IIRC. 

Have a look at your local teak furniture place, they are often better priced than you would imagine.

I have a fair idea what the prices should be as I have a friend who imports solid wood furniture from India and Indonesia to Europe. He gave up on Thailand decades ago!

Here in Pattaya it just seems to be cartel pricing with hardly any variation in prices between suppliers. I tried some local teak places but they are even more expensive (though nicer, of course).

I will see about visiting your guy. I'm not looking for anything built-in; just stand-alone furniture about the right size to fit the space available. So there's no reason why it couldn't be built elsewhere and transported. Thanks.

4 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I too looked and there is nobody I know of who does that, this was one of the primary reasons that I am building things myself. 

I also considered that as I made similar things when I lived in a farmhouse in Europe. But there I could get all the panels cut to the exact sizes by any local DIY shop for just a couple of Euros extra, which takes most of the hard work out of it. That option doesn't seem to be available round here these days.

Condo living doesn't really lend itself to having a full home workshop!

Archived