Italy rebuffs German migrant appeal as rescue boat docks at Lampedusa

rooster59

Off-topic, troll and posts in which the quoted text has been altered have been removed along with replies.  

DO NOT change the text in any fashion, by making it bold, changing the color inside the quote box.   Doing so will get it removed along with replies.  

1 hour ago, chrisandsu said:

Is that AAA rating anything  to do with the biggest national debt In any nations history ? Did you get caught altering people’s post ? ???????? very sad DUDE

I believe the USA has the biggest national debt in any nations history... and it doesn’t have a AAA rating... so that would be a no, dude.

But... Yes, I altered certain words by emboldening them for emphasis... my mistake, I didn’t realize I couldn’t embolden the text. I do now, so I won’t make that mistake again.

That said, I did not change the actual wording or meaning of the post, so the point that I was making is still valid.

the point was made. The posts been removed. The only sad thing about it is the wasted time. But don’t worry old chap, I’ll cope

But hey.... moving forward, don’t be afraid to actually address your response or question to me, rather than inserting a random post, obviously meant for me, but which I might not see... much like mr Ozman including a link after the fact, if at all, as was being discussed.... that’s poor form too, innit?

Edited by jany123
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, jany123 said:

much like mr Ozman including a link after the fact, if at all, as was being discussed....

I don't know why you persist in self-serving fabrications which are easily proven false. I posted a widely reported news item which I didn't think required a link along with 2 maps for geographic perspective. You (quite rudely) asked for a link, for my next post, consecutive to yours, I supplied 2. 

On 7/5/2019 at 1:55 PM, jany123 said:
Link link link link..... once again.... no link. Why no link?
(snip)
yall can get a boat in the Ivory Coast.... which I can only assume is what happened, because mr Ozman provide a BS geography lesson instead of a link.

On 7/5/2019 at 3:32 PM, Ozman52 said:

"The survivors, all from Sub-Saharan Africa, said they had set off from Libya several days earlier." https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-05/tunisia-migrants-feared-drowned-after-boat-capsize/11280698

"...the vessel was heading from the west of Libya to Europe when it capsized."  https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/07/dozens-feared-dead-boat-capsizes-tunisia-190704131114907.html

(map of sinking site removed)

I suppose there might be morons stupid enough to sail from the Ivory Coast, completely miss Europe and end up sailing south into the Med, but 82 in the one boat is highly unlikely.

Edited by Ozman52

1 hour ago, Ozman52 said:

65 illegal immigrants landed in Malta       https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48902133

Thanks for the link.

I could only laugh at this part of the article:-

"Prime Minister Joseph Muscat said after talks with the European Commission and German government that all 65 would be relocated to other parts of the EU."

!! ????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ozman52 said:

I don't know why you persist in self-serving fabrications which are easily proven false. I posted a widely reported news item which I didn't think required a link along with 2 maps for geographic perspective. You (quite rudely) asked for a link, for my next post, consecutive to yours, I supplied 2. 

On 7/5/2019 at 1:55 PM, jany123 said:
Link link link link..... once again.... no link. Why no link?
(snip)
yall can get a boat in the Ivory Coast.... which I can only assume is what happened, because mr Ozman provide a BS geography lesson instead of a link.

Ah.. there it is... finally... thank you

you certainly did post the links, and now that you have told me where, I can see them.

any persistence I have had, is due to the fact that, as you state here, and as I have now seen, you posted the links after I had made my posting, and then you started criticizing me for not having read your links with insults about my comprehension skills

i explained that you had not supplied the link that you said I could not understand, requesting the link, but still you carried on about my comprehension skills... and then blah blah about my understanding of geography.... when all you had to do was post... “links at post x” 

Anyway... this missing link, regardless of its proximity to my post, was in no way addressed to myself, and as such, i did not see, nor was I aware of the incident, despite your claims about it being widely reported.... but hey, there it is.... finally.... thanks for the links... links help.

11 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Is that AAA rating anything  to do with the biggest national debt In any nations history ? Did you get caught altering people’s post ? ???????? very sad DUDE

23 minutes ago, jany123 said:

Ah.. there it is... finally... thank you

you certainly did post the links, and now that you have told me where, I can see them.

any persistence I have had, is due to the fact that, as you state here, and as I have now seen, you posted the links after I had made my posting, and then you started criticizing me for not having read your links with insults about my comprehension skills

i explained that you had not supplied the link that you said I could not understand, requesting the link, but still you carried on about my comprehension skills... and then blah blah about my understanding of geography.... when all you had to do was post... “links at post x” 

Anyway... this missing link, regardless of its proximity to my post, was in no way addressed to myself, and as such, i did not see, nor was I aware of the incident, despite your claims about it being widely reported.... but hey, there it is.... finally.... thanks for the links... links help.

10 hours ago, jany123 said:

I believe the USA has the biggest national debt in any nations history... and it doesn’t have a AAA rating... so that would be a no, dude.

But... Yes, I altered certain words by emboldening them for emphasis... my mistake, I didn’t realize I couldn’t embolden the text. I do now, so I won’t make that mistake again.

That said, I did not change the actual wording or meaning of the post, so the point that I was making is still valid.

the point was made. The posts been removed. The only sad thing about it is the wasted time. But don’t worry old chap, I’ll cope

But hey.... moving forward, don’t be afraid to actually address your response or question to me, rather than inserting a random post, obviously meant for me, but which I might not see... much like mr Ozman including a link after the fact, if at all, as was being discussed.... that’s poor form too, innit?

Well I would of done but your posts had been removed ..... this internet thing is tough business for you isn’t it ? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

Maybe you could get one of your economic migrant friends to teach you ? Could swop rent for their expertise ?   

Your full of great ideas.... there appear to be a lot of folk supporting themselves in Thailand by teaching.

However... I’m not sure the ruling party in Thailand would allow it, so I think I’ll just have to muddle thru. 

Anyway.... about 25 years ago, I sponsored an Indonesian economic migrant. I had to post a 10,000 dollar bond with a government approved bank, for a year...  once the government had approved me as a sponsor, of course.

He arrived... he lived with a relative... he got a job... after a year, I got my money back. No big deal. 

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

I just want to see the law passed to allow them to sieze these ships.

Cut them up, sell the bits and use the money to help the migrants get back to Libya.

I thought it might be a good idea to take them within sight of Tripoli and sink them by naval gunfire. Might pass a message.