No more! Crackdown in Pattaya as new police chief lays down the law

webfact

All the brothels are allowed  to continue as usual as long as they pretend to be bars. And pimping bar managers (including farang pimps) can continue their business of pimping as long as they don't allow poor Africans a shot at the Thai prosperity. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Kim J said:

I think in the coming days and weeks bars etc had better tow the line as you can rest assured there will be some high profile policing in the Pattaya area and maybe a series of raids as we have seen before. However once the new faces have established their place in the food chain it will all be back to business as usual. Well at least until the next time.

Low season again, business back to normal by the time high season kicks in...

3 hours ago, yogi100 said:

It's what men have been coming to Pattaya for decades. It's got little more going for it than its nightlife.

there are guys there who go for the beach in jomtein and international food. they cant afford nightlife stuff.

1 hour ago, Thaidream said:

Pattaya is and will continue to die a natural death.  The Immigration crackdown for long stayers as well as the continuous turning away of people at the airports has  taken its toll on those who would come to the resort and spend alot of money on the drinks and the available 'entertainment'.

The police have harassed both the bars and the entertainment for years; but now they also harass the punters. Add in the filthy water' the foul air' and the lack of any entertainment that is fun based as opposed to money-money and people are turned off by the whole show.

The Germans came and went; the Americans gave up on the place; The Brits  are worried about the exchange rates as well as the Aussies; the Russians come in lesser numbers and apparently the Chinese have found out what all those before them have found out.  It's all smoke and mirrors. Oh that's right- the Indians will save the day!!

The constabulary and those in power might want to think about why so many Nationalities used to come in droves but don't anymore.  

It won't happen- the truth hurts!

y did the germans leave. i wanted to enjoy a bratworst a german and a cop (all the guys at the hot dog stand turned around and just stared at me along with the cook. i guess they though i was making some sort of sex joke).

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

So normal prostitution (hard to find as we all know it is :cheesy:), is OK now then is it?

Of course.  Prostitution is embedded in Thai culture and has never been illegal in itself.  As long as bars and gogos don't openly allow prostitution to take place on their premises, they are operating within the law.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

No patrons under 20 were allowed inside.

Who made the translation of the Thai article ?? Ok, my Thai is not that good, but it's not how I understand this Thai article. Mainly this part :

"ห้ามยินยอมปล่อยปละละเลยให้มีผู้อายุต่ำกว่า 20 ปีบริบูรณ์เข้าใช้บริการโดยเด็ดขาด"

For me it means that employees must be at least 20yo, not customers...

I may be wrong of course, so if someone can check and confirm, thanks.

If true, it could be a serious problem for the many 18yo & 19yo ladies...

3 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

// For me it means that employees must be at least 20yo, not customers... //

Me again. With Google's help I found this English article :

thepattayanews.com: Pattaya Police meet with local entertainment owners after raids

and inside you can read :

"3. No staff under the age of twenty may work in a venue that sells liquor."

Delusional sabre rattling

Without the corruption coffers swelled by the seedy shenanigans of 'his' city

just how on Gods earth does he see himself making the payments on his position???!!

5 hours ago, webfact said:

At a meeting ahead of the weekend 100 operators were told:

No patrons under 20 were allowed inside.

No weapons or drugs were allowed on their premises.

No human trafficking was allowed.

No opening outside of scheduled hours was permitted. 

As the 100 operators nodded sagely among themselves - yes, we are aware of that since many years - one particular offense must have slipped the new Col's mind:

he did not tell those operators to stop paying bribes and protection money to the police. 

This will help him:

imageproxy.png.8aac38017fc6adae169b8194c4b450e5.png

3 hours ago, bushdoctor said:

I’m all for the clean police reports. Technically there probably is very little actual prostitution in the bars. It may take place outside of the bars, but there would usually not be witnesses since it would only be between the two adults in a private location. 

We also know a bar fine is to compensate the bar for taking the girl out of the bar, since she could be getting drinks bought, and that the payment is not for sex. 

Anyway, I’m hopefully Pattaya won’t change in that regard, I like it just how it is. 

What other job accepts a fine for leaving the job like that?

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

New police chief lays down the law.:cheesy:

Didnt the last 1 do the same?

His reign will probably be as short lived as the last ones.

These inspirational address are for one purpose alone, and its nothing to do with the law!

Its...

To ensure the brown envelopes are received on time

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thaivisa notes that the wording of the report suggests that Pattaya will be allowed to be Pattaya but that underage prostitution will not tolerated. 

Explain to me if I understand correctly, prostitution is not forbidden, only minors cannot exercise it!

" No opening outside of scheduled hours was permitted".

Exactly what are these hours as has been reported on many an occasion there are numerous Thai bars on Third Road playing very loud music with drunken Thais coming & leaving at all hours up to & including 06:30hrs with three & four people on a motorcycle. This of course does not fall under the crackdown...!!!

44 minutes ago, elgenon said:

What I find interesting is that an 18 year old girl can dance nude in a bar but she can't gain admittance to a bar until 20.

I'm not sure if it's still correct, but it was the case a few years ago.

We had the silly situation my GoGo that a nineteen year-old dancer could be bar fined, but not go into another GoGo as a customer with the guy who bar fined her.

1 hour ago, fhickson said:

there are guys there who go for the beach in jomtein and international food. they cant afford nightlife stuff.

But in general those that come to Pattaya can afford it. Or used to be able to.

I honestly don't know any visitors who come to Pattaya for its beach. There are big diameter pipes spewing brown water into the sea at the start of Walking St.

It's said to be sewage and certainly looks like it. You see blokes fishing off the beach and the pier, they rarely catch anything.

6 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I'm not sure if it's still correct, but it was the case a few years ago.

We had the silly situation my GoGo that a nineteen year-old dancer could be bar fined, but not go into another GoGo as a customer with the guy who bar fined her.

Yes, I barfined a 19 year old (who danced nude) and we wanted to go to a bar too dance a bit and have some fun. She wasn't allowed in.

Archived