No more! Crackdown in Pattaya as new police chief lays down the law

webfact

33 minutes ago, buanmeerugsaa said:

Bar owners, keep making your secret records of who you pay your bribes to. Could be very useful. 

When Thaksin had a crackdown on police corruption nearly twenty years ago, the police groups we had to pay came around to tell us specifically not to pay them any money. They were shitting themselves a bar owner would call the hotline number setup for it.

We had about three months payment-free!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

ผู้อายุต่ำกว่า 20 ปีบริบูรณ์เข้าใช้บริการโดยเด็ดขาด

I read it as  "persons under 20 years of age strictly not allowed in to use services"  

people who use services are customers I think ?

9 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Yes, I barfined a 19 year old (who danced nude) and we wanted to go to a bar too dance a bit and have some fun. She wasn't allowed in.

I am not surprised, you should have made her put some clothes on.

Another show and tell moment. From the picture on the right they don't look too concern?

As soon as the chief gets a look at his first donation he will ease up don't they all? A bit of advice new chief just don't go the record photo taken that all is good!

Obviously punters, police and clubs on the ground are not going to pay much attention to the new chief. Nor up in the ivory towers of government because of the importance of tourism to the Thai economy.

Reality is that however much you may want to shut this industry, it suits Thailand and the people. The government cannot provide employment in alternative sectors of the economy and is naive if it thinks it can deprive hundreds of thousands of people of their livelihood. Get real.

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:
18 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Yes, I barfined a 19 year old (who danced nude) and we wanted to go to a bar too dance a bit and have some fun. She wasn't allowed in.

I am not surprised, you should have made her put some clothes on

They probably refused her entry as they were worried about her competing with the staff.

6 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

Wow! A serious police chief. Action man.

I wonder how long it will be before action man will be transfered to another post

elsewhere, too many brown envelopes will be affected if this goes on.

13 minutes ago, johng50 said:

I wonder how long it will be before action man will be transfered to another post

elsewhere, too many brown envelopes will be affected if this goes on.

He should be ok if he can magically juggle the seen to be doing an effective job without stepping on too many brown envelopes!

6 hours ago, Jimbo in Thailand said:

But...but... but... Pattaya is squeaky clean since only 1 bar on Soi 6 in ALL OF PATTAYA has been charged with prostitution.

Pattaya... clean beaches and NO prostitution... the perfect family paradise????

Dont forget windmill where they been earlier this week 

2 hours ago, elgenon said:

What I find interesting is that an 18 year old girl can dance nude in a bar but she can't gain admittance to a bar until 20.

What I find even more interesting is that women always have had the ability to have several ages at the same time. 

The effects of the new rules are identical if they would have been:

- No patrons are allowed inside.

- Weapons or drugs are allowed on their premises.

- No human trafficking is allowed (outside opening hours)

- No opening hours are permitted.

Thailand does not have a problem with rules, there are more than enough. The real problem is the enforcement of rules...

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

When Thaksin had a crackdown on police corruption nearly twenty years ago, the police groups we had to pay came around to tell us specifically not to pay them any money. They were shitting themselves a bar owner would call the hotline number setup for it.

We had about three months payment-free!

My German mate has two euro thai food and drink places. 

He says he doesn't pay any monthly money.

His thai partner (10 years) says she pays them every month. 

Thai lady secrets haha. 

12 minutes ago, Parsve said:

What I find even more interesting is that women always have had the ability to have several ages at the same time. 

For a definitive answer, you need the same approach used when ageing a tree.

You need to cut the head off and count the rings.

1 hour ago, 30la said:

Explain to me if I understand correctly, prostitution is not forbidden, only minors cannot exercise it!

No, prostitution is not allowed in Thailand, but it is most often overseen. The fee, if i remember right, start at 1000 baht and goes up to 300 000 baht and also can give up to 20 years in jail, depeding on how it happen and the kind of involvement.

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

So normal prostitution (hard to find as we all know it is :cheesy:), is OK now then is it?

Normal prostitution is girl standing around looking for a boyfriend. Can't police that. 

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

So normal prostitution (hard to find as we all know it is :cheesy:), is OK now then is it?

What I find interesting is that an 18 year old girl can dance nude in a bar but she can't gain admittance to a bar until 20.
Actually dancing nude is not legal. Most bars have a system of lights or buzzers to warn the girls to put something on quickly if the police are on their way!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Great job!! Now it's a really nice and family friendly beach resort with clean water, nice people, no visible prostitution, no drugs.

Let's take the kids @ Pattaya!! 

"Let's take the kids @ Pattaya!!"

No, you can't do that :- "underage prostitution will not tolerated" ????

5 hours ago, Thaidream said:

Pattaya is and will continue to die a natural death.  The Immigration crackdown for long stayers as well as the continuous turning away of people at the airports has  taken its toll on those who would come to the resort and spend alot of money on the drinks and the available 'entertainment'.

The police have harassed both the bars and the entertainment for years; but now they also harass the punters. Add in the filthy water' the foul air' and the lack of any entertainment that is fun based as opposed to money-money and people are turned off by the whole show.

The Germans came and went; the Americans gave up on the place; The Brits  are worried about the exchange rates as well as the Aussies; the Russians come in lesser numbers and apparently the Chinese have found out what all those before them have found out.  It's all smoke and mirrors. Oh that's right- the Indians will save the day!!

The constabulary and those in power might want to think about why so many Nationalities used to come in droves but don't anymore.  

It won't happen- the truth hurts!

There used to be a saying “ You never miss the water until the well runs dry” fits here I think.

Archived