One Year O Extension delayed. What options do i have to travel abroad?

I have obtained Non-O Extensions in Pattaya for several Years and also hold a WP.

I have applied for extension of Permission to stay in June and received „Under Consideration“ Stamp until July 4th. Went to Immigration to be told Bangkok has not returned the application and I should come back to check again.

So far so good, but:

I need to attend Business Meetings in Bangkok starting this week Thursday, and a 10 Day trip to Philippines starting Sunday 14th.

In case my Extension application is still not finalized today, i have to consider a Plan B.

Is it possible for me to cancel the extension application and at the same time apply for a 60 Day extension to be with my Thai Wife? How long will this take? 

Worst case: Leave without Reentry Permit, return with 30 Day Stamp, and start the process again by obtaining a 3 Month Non-O Visa to visit wife? Will Thai Embassy in Manila issue this?

My trips are absolutely necessary and cant be rescheduled.

Still hope my permission will be extended today but I need to consider best options in case not!

I am in the same position as you. Have a wp valid for another two years but when I went to immigration to extend my visa for another year got a stamp "Under consideration, return to immigration on August 6th. They also stamped and extension until August 6th, ie. 1 month. I am travelling on business until August 4th so have to hope my 1 year extension will be granted on the 6th or I will have to depart the Kingdom 2 days after landing!

In your position I would return to Immigration and ask for a 1 month extension due to business travel........it should be possible, but who knows nowadays!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MeggaF said:

In your position I would return to Immigration and ask for a 1 month extension due to business travel........it should be possible, but who knows nowadays!

I will go there anyway tomorrow and ask for advice. Just want to know what my options are in case they can't give me this extension?

4 hours ago, MeggaF said:

I am in the same position as you. Have a wp valid for another two years but when I went to immigration to extend my visa for another year got a stamp "Under consideration, return to immigration on August 6th. They also stamped and extension until August 6th, ie. 1 month. I am travelling on business until August 4th so have to hope my 1 year extension will be granted on the 6th or I will have to depart the Kingdom 2 days after landing!

I think if you are under consideration... you need to pay for a re-entry permit, which is valid for this 30 days. Don't forget them !!!

46 minutes ago, HampiK said:

I think if you are under consideration... you need to pay for a re-entry permit, which is valid for this 30 days. Don't forget them !!!

Maybe I made it not clear:
I am already past the Under Consideration Stamp Date. That was July 4th. Immigration told me they are still waiting for answer from Bangkok.

17 minutes ago, Rastaputin said:

I am already past the Under Consideration Stamp Date. That was July 4th. Immigration told me they are still waiting for answer from Bangkok.

The immigration office where you applied for the extension should be able to call the Immigration Division that does the approval to try and have it expedited.

Explain to them your current situation.

I did it once as well. My extension was under consideration so I got a re-entry permit which was then valid for the consideration period only.

But difficult as your consideration period actually ended 4th July. Not sure how they would set the re-entry validity period then.

Edited by Mak25

17 hours ago, HampiK said:

You can only get a re-entry permit to the date on the under consideration stamp. Once that date is reached immigration do not give another date just tell you to keep checking if the extension is available.

The only way the OP could apply for re-entry is if immigration provide another report back date beyond his return date and that is highly unlikely.

Thanks For all comments. This morning my application was approved and I’m stamped for another Year.

Still wondering: Is there a route in such cases to cancel the One Year Application and at the same time apply for a 2 Month extension to be with Wife?

Another question: My annual Date is early June each Year, due to some business abroad I usually travel al lot during the June and July period every Year. Is there a way to move this annual routine into another, quieter for me, period? What happens to the Date if I opt for 2 Month at the end of this Period, and apply for 1 Year after that? Would that move me 2 Months forward in the Future? Would I need another Non-O Visa for this?

29 minutes ago, Rastaputin said:

What happens to the Date if I opt for 2 Month at the end of this Period, and apply for 1 Year after that? Would that move me 2 Months forward in the Future? Would I need another Non-O Visa for this?

If you got a 60 day extension that would move your permit to stay date 60 days forward. The date your one year extension ends would be 60 days later the following year.