Haircuts

On 7/10/2019 at 3:16 PM, Guderian said:

Get mine done in the row of hairdressing salons on Soi Rompho in Jomtien, opposite the bar beers. If they're busy I just pop into a bar for a beer until your preferred salon is available, then take your drink across the road with you, leaving the bin in the bar to keep your table (the staff know me so there's never a problem), get your locks shorn, then return to the bar for another libation. Zero stress. Hick!

“Nah, that’s not my bill, that’s a long-haired dude’s bill.  I saw him sat here fifteen minutes ago”

On 7/10/2019 at 6:20 PM, Orton Rd said:

But it was 60 baht local a year ago, then 80 now 100. I was told they HAVE to put it up inline wilth all the others in the area of there will be 'fighting' Went yesterday and where ever I have tried the Thai in front seems to get better treatment and a longer hair cut, or am I paranoid?

Why would anyone want a longer hair cut? You’ll just be back sooner

Getting your haircut here is as bad as any other service here. You'll never be able to keep the same person as they are either on holiday, moved away, changed jobs, sick or eating. I find it a nightmare here doing anything as it is always tinged its Thainess & complications. Haircutting in particular is a risk here ...... telling them what you want & what you actually get are never the same. It's as if they do what they want "because they know better". My last haircut was way too short, but the hairdresser just said "it looks better" ...... hence once you are in the chair you are at their mercy.

Now, I just have a short haircut once a year before Songkran as my hair growth is slow & it's grown long enough to cope with the winter months come November ........... a lot less stressful for me. 

• Like 1