Embassy stat dec with pension information not accepted by immigration office

3 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

When I did my extension in December I showed the Isaan IO my German embassy letter, I offered him my bank book but he didn't want to see it, extension done in 15 minutes.

Yes, many had an easy time with the old Embassy letters, the responsibility was on someone else's shoulders. 

On 7/8/2019 at 4:13 PM, ubonjoe said:

Your stat dec should've been accepted. It is income by transfers into the country or proof from your embassy.

Download the order. Amendment to police order 138/2557 Revising clauses 2.18 and 2.22 to include options for proof of income 

About Clause 2.18 : there are 3 methods to show income. The last 10 years I used nr 3 the so-called "Embassy Letter" which in fact is my Affidavit certified by my Embassy and then translated and legalised at CW Consular Department. To avoid the cumbersome procedure of visits to Embassy and CW I started to use nr 2 and to transfer every month the required money (40.000 +) and each time I ask my bank for a print out as evidence. 

However the I/O at my Immigration Office insists that nr 2 i.e. my bank print outs will not enough and that I still need nr 3 the "Embassy Letter"  /   Of course in the end I need to do what I/O wants do you agree that it should be nr 2 or nr 3 and NOT both?

5 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

However the I/O at my Immigration Office insists that nr 2 i.e. my bank print outs will not enough and that I still need nr 3 the "Embassy Letter"  /   Of course in the end I need to do what I/O wants do you agree that it should be nr 2 or nr 3 and NOT both?

Can you still get a affidavit from your embassy?

Perhaps immigration knows you can still get one and prefers that over the proving the funds going into a Thai bank from abroad.

No need for both. But immigration can ask for backup proof for the the affidavit if you can get one.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Can you still get a affidavit from your embassy?

Perhaps immigration knows you can still get one and prefers that over the proving the funds going into a Thai bank from abroad.

No need for both. But immigration can ask for backup proof for the the affidavit if you can get one.

Yes I can get affidavit ...but I want to avoid cumbersome trips (traffic jams, waiting lines) to Embassy and CW Consular Department...my bank statements are issued at SCB around the corner of my street.

6 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

Yes I can get affidavit ...but I want to avoid cumbersome trips (traffic jams, waiting lines) to Embassy and CW Consular Department...my bank statements are issued at SCB around the corner of my street.

Are you sure your local immigration office requires that the consular officers signature be verified by the Consular Affairs Department? Only a very few want it done. Which office are you applying at?

Will all your transfers show on the statement that they came from abroad?

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Are you sure your local immigration office requires that the consular officers signature be verified by the Consular Affairs Department? Only a very few want it done. Which office are you applying at?

Will all your transfers show on the statement that they came from abroad?

I/O is in Pathum Thani / they started to insist on legalisation of consul officer by CW Consular Affairs Department already 3 years ago ...which is normal....but during the first 7 years they did not / yes all my transfers will show on monthly statement that money came from abroad and also mention "to support Thai wife"

2 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

I/O is in Pathum Thani / they started to insist on legalisation of consul officer by CW Consular Affairs Department already 3 years ago ...which is normal....but during the first 7 years they did not / yes all my transfers will show on monthly statement that money came from abroad and also mention "to support Thai wife"

Not what you can do if they insist on you having the affidavit. The rules clearly state it is 2 or 3.

Perhaps get the bank statement (in Thai) and show it to them. 

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Not what you can do if they insist on you having the affidavit. The rules clearly state it is 2 or 3.

Good idea : I will try

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

In a nutshell  going against what they say can only create more problems and I think not worth the  headache as they have already made their minds up on what they want. I understand what you are going through good luck.