UK Labour's trade union backers support second referendum onBrexit deal

webfact

4 hours ago, stephenterry said:

The first paragraph made me smile. Have you considered that the election of the next Tory leader has been far from democratic? Evidence of vote switching to favour BJ was apparent to many, yet promoted as being fair and above board by his 'team'. Yeah, sure.

If that's the reality, it sure wasn't back when the referendum was being touted by political liars like BJ. And, IMO, this selection process and the various spouting off by BJ and Hunt has been full of untruths, and promises that any reasonable person would reject as being improbable.

What I suggest British MEPs do  - assuming Uk leaves the EU - is to root out Farage and forgo his and their fat pensions - but hey, that's not going to happen, is it? As for remaining in the EU, let's wait for the next GE.

Your first paragraph made me smile. The election of the next Conservative leader is not a national election, its a club election and as such is being run by the house rules of the Conservative Party. I know many grass root party members and have never been confronted by one telling me the process is undemocratic. I read many newspapers of all colours and have never seen the process described as undemocratic and as we all know, if it were, the Press would be all over it like a rash. Are you advocating 66 million people should have a vote as to the next Conservative Leader?

Vote switching is another form of canvassing and happens in all elections...……….once again why do you feel it's undemocratic. It's one man one vote and how he uses that vote is up to him not you or me....that's democracy. Have you never voted strategically?

I don't understand your last paragraph, when the UK leaves the EU there will be no more British MEP's but Farage will still be leader of the Brexit Party...the only people who can kick him out will be members of  his party, so what's your point?

You still haven't answered the question as to your recommendation that we fight from within.

"After almost 50 years of failure to reform, were we to stay, what would you recommend British MEP's (10% of the EU Parliament) do and what would you proritise and how long would you give them to change?"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petemoss said:

65% of labour voters voted remain, 35% of Labour voters voted leave.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2016/06/27/how-britain-voted

They were traitors when they voted to invoke article 50. Hardly traitors for giving their members the opportunity to right that wrong.

That wrong was not wrong, it was right.

2 hours ago, petemoss said:

65% of labour voters voted remain, 35% of Labour voters voted leave.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2016/06/27/how-britain-voted

They were traitors when they voted to invoke article 50. Hardly traitors for giving their members the opportunity to right that wrong.

They were indeed traitors, as was Corbyn at the time. How Corbyn and the Politburo imagined that they were going to fund massive renationalisations, end austerity, and support the Corbyn fantasy of taking us back to the the 70s as an exporting industrial nation, when Brexit had turned our economy into a pile of sh#t, I have no idea. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, petemoss said:

How can a wrong be right?....Unless you say that it's wrong to drive on the right side of the road, that I can agree with!

I say your wrong was my right. Or was it left? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, petemoss said:

How can a wrong be right?....Unless you say that it's wrong to drive on the right side of the road, that I can agree with!

There's never a right answer to the wrong question.

3 hours ago, petemoss said:

Wrongs can be rights depending on who is judging.

13 hours ago, petemoss said:

They've only ever got one seat and that wasn't a "gain" as it was a sitting Conservative MP who jumped overboard. An act that he bitterly regretted later. No longer an MP.

No reason to suppose that it will be any different at the next election.

Well I guess you will be eating humble pie when they gets seats in parliament if Brexit doesn't happen. Like many posters before who were saying Boris Johnson will never be Prime Minister which is looking more certain than ever i guess. some posters are really out f touch with reality

A post containing an off topic threat to report another member to moderators has been reported and has now been removed.

If you have a problem with a post please report it.